Thread: Andiun & Thrall

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Where. The fuck. Does it. Say he HATES Thrall? Anduin says DISTRUSTS not HATE. Big friggin' difference. He doesn't trust Thrall for the:

Wrathgate.

Garrosh.

Warsong.

Forsaken.

General handling of the Horde.

Nowhere ANYWHERE does it say he HATES him.

So stop pulling shit out of your asses with this hate bullshit. Unless we get a writer, or Varian himself saying he HATES Thrall.

He doesn't fucking hate Thrall.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 05:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    And does the Horde know it was the Twilight's Hammer? On second thought it doesn't matter. Varian wouldn't listen in any case.

Oh yeah, if he thinks of Thrall as a weak leader, it's funny how under his rule Camp Taurajo is razed, and prisoners are tortured (not by some random soldiers, but officers).

Varian's got some serious issues methinks.
    And this honestly can't be said about Thrall and him handling the things mentioned above.

Standards. They come in handy in arguments. You either hold both sides to their own faults or your a fucking twit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfuncle View Post
    Where. The fuck. Does it. Say he HATES Thrall? Anduin says DISTRUSTS not HATE. Big friggin' difference. He doesn't trust Thrall for the:

*Snip*

Nowhere ANYWHERE does it say he HATES him.

So stop pulling shit out of your asses with this hate bullshit. Unless we get a writer, or Varian himself saying he HATES Thrall.

He doesn't fucking hate Thrall.
    I haven't read The Shattering yet, but people say he truly hates Thrall. So we have a writer saying it.

I haven't read The Shattering yet, but people say he truly hates Thrall. So we have a writer saying it.
    I've skimmed through the book.

He doesn't hate Thrall.

And even if he did, can you blame him? He wears the armor and weapon that killed Lothar, he's allied with the Forsaken who fucked up and killed Bolvar, and Garrosh, who has openly said he wants the whole of Kalimdor for himself, was appointed by...guess who...

Thrall.

Varian can't read fucking WoWwiki. Try to remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    Whoa, wait. Does he say different things to people depending on their class? If so, I love Blizzard.

Also, Anduin's not the brightest kid ever. Why did he say that out loud infront of daddy?
    yea, my rogue got, "i wish more rogues would talk to me, a very secretive kind of people or something"

Deleted
    He wears the armor and weapon that killed Lothar...
    Because a person is their armor AMIRITE?

...he's allied with the Forsaken who fucked up and killed Bolvar...
    Who were under the command of the greatest hero of the pre-WotLK event.

...and Garrosh, who has openly said he wants the whole of Kalimdor for himself...
    And who's becoming the warchief because he's the only possible choice, the others being either too old or dead. Also, the Alliance is the first to attack, not the Horde (southern Barrens).

Varian can't read fucking WoWwiki. Try to remember that.
    Swearing makes you cool. That aside, Jaina knows a lot about the Horde and Thrall. She should be Varian's WoWWiki. Guess whose fault it is for not listening to her.

And this honestly can't be said about Thrall and him handling the things mentioned above.

Standards. They come in handy in arguments. You either hold both sides to their own faults or your a fucking twit.
    Reading. It comes in handy in arguments. Varian hates Thrall for the same mistakes he's making.

Quote Originally Posted by striker15515 View Post
    READ THE SHATTERING. Sorry but Varian explains he hates thrall calling him the next arthas, saying he is not a good leader, and he explains that he is pissed at jaina for stopping him from killing Thrall at the battle for the undercity, and he called orcs things not people. And tone it down alittle just because you are butt hurt that the shattering proves you wrong doesnt mean you should start cussing and name calling
    To quote Southpark:

Fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

My point remains: What has Thrall ever done to make Varian like him?

Anyone?

What has he done--FROM ALLIANCE PERSPECTIVE--to make the Alliance like him?

Anyone?

Is it protecting the Forsaken?

Letting the Warsong invade Ashenvale? (It's as much an invasion as is Alterac with the Stormpike. THEY MIRROR EACH OTHER.)

Controlling (fail) Garrosh?

Appointing Garrosh?

Stopping the Forsaken murders? Invasions? Experiments? Betrayals?

What has Thrall done to make Varian like him.

Nothing.

Deleted
    What has Thrall done to make Varian like him.

Nothing.
    Defended Mount Hyjal and thus the whole world, gone to the Maelstrom to try and keep the world from falling apart (only to be ambushed by the Alliance)...

On that note, what has Varian done to make Thrall like him? Well, Thrall doesn't hate him. Funny how that works, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by xanderd View Post
    Varian and Garrosh kill themselves off...Anduin returns to his position of king, but being the REAL king this time and thrall returning to his position of warchief. Peace treaty and status quo returns.
    Not going to happen. Because that would mean, Blizzard has to revert all PvP updates added since WoTLK.

Blizzard has made a progression towards a PvP focused Warcraft once again. why change it back? Especially after all the hype Warhammer got
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Because a person is their armor AMIRITE?

Who were under the command of the greatest hero of the pre-WotLK event.

And who's becoming the warchief because he's the only possible choice, the others being either too old or dead. Also, the Alliance is the first to attack, not the Horde (southern Barrens).

Swearing makes you cool. That aside, Jaina knows a lot about the Horde and Thrall. She should be Varian's WoWWiki. Guess whose fault it is for not listening to her.

Reading. It comes in handy in arguments. Varian hates Thrall for the same mistakes he's making.
    1. I guess Germans should still be using Third Reich iconography.

2. So? When did Saving lives ever make up for taking lives?

3. So...youth is the deciding factor in the Horde heiarchy? I guess experience and wisdom are for losers. And from Alliance perspective: Arathi Highlands, Ashenvale and Northrend predate the Southern Barrens by a lot.

4. Why should he listen to her? Unless he himself witnesses it, he will go on disliking them. It would be incredibly unrealistic if he believed her on her word only. Would you believe that the murderers of your family and friends were good guys just because a friend said so? Don't you see how ridiculous that is?

Logic. An understanding of literalary works. A university education. Varian hates Thrall because Thrall, and the Horde, have done nothing IN HIS EYES, or in the eyes of the majority of the Alliance, to make themselves appear different from the Old Horde. Mutual defenses against insert bad guy here don't count. Why? Because killing someone who can kill both of you puts things into a different perspective.

The Horde have done nothing, in Alliance perspective, to make themselves look like different people.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 06:19 AM ----------

Defended Mount Hyjal and thus the whole world, gone to the Maelstrom to try and keep the world from falling apart (only to be ambushed by the Alliance)...

On that note, what has Varian done to make Thrall like him? Well, Thrall doesn't hate him. Funny how that works, eh?
    Mutual. Defenses. Against lame villains. Do not count. For obvious reasons. You know why the U.S and USSR united in WW2? It wasn't because they were trying to make goody good with each other.

Varian's nation did not kill his parants, or burned down his city, or caused the death of his best friend, etc, etc.
    Last edited by Garfuncle; 2010-10-20 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by striker15515 View Post
    You dismiss a good enough reason for why does varian hate thrall when he is saving the world twice you dismiss it because it points out flaws in your argument give it up. Your argument is full of flaws and next time you glance at the shattering look at pages 97-98 and you will know why he wants a young leader
    My argument, by the socratic method, is in fact flawless. Thrall did not save the world by himself. This defense was out of no good will towards the Alliance, or to Stormwind, or to Varian. The USSR did a good job on the Eastern Front. Why should the US be grateful? Were they? They were not.

None of my points can be defeated due to the fact one cannot dispute that they follow logic, the perspectives of characters, and the literary devices used. You all fail. I win. If this was an actual debate with rules and a time limit you would lose.

Go suck a lemon.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garfuncle is mad. Be gentle guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Konkreth View Post
    yes, garrosh is the reason of most of the hatred between the horde and the alliance, not thrall. thats why it SUCKS that hes the new warchief, theres no chance for any sort of peace now
    This is Warcraft, not reality, WE WANT WAR!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    Garfuncle is mad. Be gentle guys.
    Mad? I'm grinning at how moronic you people are, and how superior I am in the art of debate.

If anyone's raging, its the semi-intelligent people realizing my brilliance. Idiots *see post above yours* are too moronic to see my genius.

Har Har.

Bite me shiny metal ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Varian: You're a priest and now you want to be a shaman!?
    Son...
    ..i am dissapoint
    Sorry, just had to fix that for you

Mad? I'm grinning at how moronic you people are, and how superior I am in the art of debate.

If anyone's raging, its the semi-intelligent people realizing my brilliance. Idiots *see post above yours* are too moronic to see my genius.

Har Har.

Bite me shiny metal ass.
    Intelligent, superior people can get their argument across without swearing. If anything your egotistical attitude makes you less than the rest of us.
    For the Horde!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You kill Anduin, he goes spirit of redemption and right before you kill varian he throws guardian spirit on him and when anduins spirit of red dies varian enrages and kill whole horde raid. Anduin uses Anhk and varians get shocked.

o.o then anduin conjures a picnic and they eat.

Deleted
    If this was an actual debate with rules and a time limit you would lose.
    If this was an actual debate with rules and a time limit you'd get banned from it for insulting others right away.

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by xanderd View Post
    Varian and Garrosh kill themselves off...Anduin returns to his position of king, but being the REAL king this time and thrall returning to his position of warchief. Peace treaty and status quo returns.
    Dude. The war isn't only caused by the temper tantrums of Varian and Garrosh. The horde is in a pretty bad place right now with thier supplies dwindling and whatnot so they'd have to forcefully expand even if Thrall were still the leader.

Also I thought Anduin was going to be a hunter rather than a priest with the amount of time he spends using his bow in the comic.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account

I bet Varian is asking himself: 'Is that really MY child?'

Deleted
    Well, Blizz won't make the game "no-pvp", never ever, but it could be cool to actually have more interaction, Thrall wants peace, in CoT: Durnholde, he actually didn't want to kill those people, but he had to, for escaping, Varian just wanna hold up the pride of Alliance, to not surrender and gain peace by orcs(if this is wrong, slap me), but he agrees to Ally up with them to defeat the enemies they can't defeat alone.