Thread: city boss drops

Deleted

city boss drops

Why doesnt blizzard encourage faction vs faction raids on cities by makeing the city boss hard to kill but drop kewl stuff its supposed to be war after all or even horde/ ally chars scattered across the map that arent instanced but hard to kill

It would just become a pvp fight, causing too many people too many people in an already crowded area, not allowing people with not so good computers (a majority of wow players) to do these raids. Giving it more of a tactical way of downing a boss... hmm, tactics? PVE! Wanting to kill other players, PVP!

Deleted
    yea so do them both xD

+1 i have long ask this same question!

10+ Year Old Account
    too disruptive.

доверять надежде означает знать отчаяние

Deleted
    well its better than following the same strategy everytime which is written on wowiki =/ have some actual war atmosphere, u shud be scared to get attacked at any moment not casually walk in stand behind a tank and spam dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEEPKVTS View Post
    too disruptive.
    who cares city raids already are

Would be hell for the lowbies trying to finish up quests. >.<
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

non instaced fights plus 4 hour respawn timers? World of Farmcraft

Griefing would happen esp. on overpopulated imbalanced servers.

Phased city raiding would make this a lot easier. The cities eligible to be raided would change from day to day. Outside whichever cities are chosen, there would be a small camp for the opposite faction. At this camp there would be a quest that you obtain which will phase you into another Org/TB/Stormwind. Inside the city that will be attacked, there is also a camp for the other faction that allows them to get the quest, phasing them into the battleground version of their city.

Something like that could work out pretty well.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

In my opinion, this WOULD work if Blizzard would handle this very carefully and in a very specific way:

- Purely PvE method: They could phase in/out the city's throne room or palace to the opposing faction so the bosses could be killed at will while the friendly faction will still interact with the leader and not have to deal with getting bowled over by a 20+ man raid trying to turn in a quest or watch an event. The rest of the city would obviously still be PvP flagged, and could just be considered the "trash" to get to the throne room. Inside the throne room area, players could face 2-3 Lieutenants/Captains with unique names and lesser loot, then take on the leader and his/her personal guards (i.e Sylvanas would be accompanied by Deathguards, Thrall or Garrosh would have the Kor'kron Vanguard and Vol'jin (if he decided to come back), etc.). Upon death of the leader, a portal can appear inside the throne room for the raid to retreat back to their respective "main" city (Stormwind or Orgrimmar). The drawback, from a design standpoint, is that it would be a big server hog to phase an entire city on top of itself with high populations and would possibly be next to impossible to make a stable encounter.

- PvP/BG method: Phase the city like a BG. Players could queue for it on both sides at regularly timed intervals, like how WG and Tol'barad would work right now, and would duke it out fighting their way into the leader's throne room. Somewhat like Alterac Valley was back when battles took more than 10 minutes There would be conquest control points to capture allowing the opposing faction to resurrect closer to the throne room and players could fight over these points. Obviously, the BG would be over if the opposing faction either loses all "reinforcements" (player respawns by a set amount, which would dynamically increase/decrease with opposing raid size) or the leader dies in battle. Some additional features could be that this BG is tied to the LocalDefense channel and players could dynamically jump in/out if they so desire, but would still face the Deserter penalty if they left before a victory was declared. Obvious drawbacks would be that Battlegroups with lopsided faction balance would present large advantages compared to more balanced groups and this could encourage griefing in some ways.
    Last edited by Gunmoku; 2010-10-21 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Hella-big run-on sentence in the 2nd paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Phased city raiding would make this a lot easier. The cities eligible to be raided would change from day to day. Outside whichever cities are chosen, there would be a small camp for the opposite faction. At this camp there would be a quest that you obtain which will phase you into another Org/TB/Stormwind. Inside the city that will be attacked, there is also a camp for the other faction that allows them to get the quest, phasing them into the battleground version of their city.

Something like that could work out pretty well.
    Seems pretty good.

Deleted
    or they could make it like in the old war3 games destroy towers and buildings and respawn in ur city
    a bg i mean

Deleted
    They excouraged it enough in WotLK, giving achivements and a kewl mount was enough for allmost everyone to do it. /thread

could you imagine rolling for loot and distributing it while the opposing faction is killing off the raid.

Raid Leader: "Ummm , can I get a rez plox...I need to pass out the epic loots"

5 minutes later while the healers run back in from the GY