Thread: Shaman or DK?

Deleted

Shaman or DK?

Hey all!

Im confused... My DK was my main for a long time, I spent so many hours just farming achivements, leveling all secondary skills to max and just being a perfectonist on it. I was playing as a tank all the time, but I always wanted to play dps but playing dps you didnt very often get picked in raids and so on... But I stop playing my DK at the start of second wing in ICC.
    Then I started to play on brothers account, he had a bad geared shaman that I geared up quickly and played as healer for a long time, but after killing LK I wanted to go dps and went elemental and I love PvPing as elemental and PvE was fun, not great but fun! A few months my comp broke and Ive ordered a new comp but cannot decide what to play!
    My DK or shaman? I will probably play DPS on my DK and do alot of PvP, same if I start play my shaman (elemental) but will Shamans be fun in Cataclysm? Or is DKs going to be much more fun? Please help me decide! What do you think Shamans will be at when Cataclysm comes out!

They are on diffrent accounts, and I dont got the cash to pay for 2 accounts just to try it out btw

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get paid character transfers, so maybe you can transfer that one character to your main account? The Paid Character Transfer service is accessible through Account Management by the way. You won't need to pay for two accounts anymore, thus eliminating the decision on which character to play and putting the other character to waste.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2010-10-20 at 07:01 AM.

Deleted
    What a strange post.

First of all: Play both? It adds to the flavor.

Then again: Shaman (enhancement) will play itself quite like now just with another spell to fill that large gap. That spell also will be used as healer and elemental and is called the grand fun factor of ultimate usefulness! As I can now taunt and make BWL not so hard on that one boss where I have a spirits and earth elemantal rotation to counter the healing when hitting the tank.
    (spell called: unleash weapon, i think)

So there wont be that much of a difference. Elementals can cast while walking though.. for a couple of seconds once every 2 minutes.

DKs will be a lot more fun in pvp as you get dark simulcarum. Imagine this. You play your elemental and lavaburst a DK. and then he lava bursts you.. for 15 seconds straight. no cast time no cool down.
    Druid uses shapeshift? Well you can too!
    Shaman uses healing rain? You can too. several of those actually
    Lock goes demon form? you do too! but I cant see how 600% of plate armor in blood stance will do any good > 75% is cap anyways

Deleted
    @NatePsychotic I didnt think of that! Thanks

@akuaku Haha lol! That's sick!

Deleted
    Every shaman can cast for 10 seconds while moving at 85, not only elemental:P And Im 90% sure on that!
    OT: I thin shaman Is funz, atleast on the beta=) Tho I don't play Dk so can't tell If they r fun to play.
    Last edited by mmoc52d3bc39ab; 2010-10-20 at 07:44 AM.

If the shaman isnt on your account, I wouldnt put too much time into it. The last thing you want is to decide on playing the shaman, grind to 85 and get into the first tier of raid content only to have your brother go " hey this looks sweet, im taking my account back, thanks heaps for lvling it for me" then you are back at square one. Also, just out of curiousity, what toon do you have on your account, other than the dk thats above lvl 55, and why not just make a shaman on your account b4 cata, plenty of time to get to 80 b4 it drops.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    If the shaman isnt on your account, I wouldnt put too much time into it. The last thing you want is to decide on playing the shaman, grind to 85 and get into the first tier of raid content only to have your brother go " hey this looks sweet, im taking my account back, thanks heaps for lvling it for me" then you are back at square one. Also, just out of curiousity, what toon do you have on your account, other than the dk thats above lvl 55, and why not just make a shaman on your account b4 cata, plenty of time to get to 80 b4 it drops.
    He wont ever play again so that wont be a problem and even if he did, I wouldnt let him hehe.

Quite good arguements tho, I've been reading some about dks also and its a really hard decision! I really enjoy playing elemental (Love caster classes) But in PvE Elemental shamans arent that great? Like they cant out dps a DK right?