Rolling a warlock

I've been wanting to roll a warlock but im torn: Should i wait till cata hits and roll a goblin lock or should i start now with a different race?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd wait til 4.0.3 and roll a troll/dwarf lock...

If you can wait abit more I'd wait till cata comes out new race with a starting zone then you get to do the new quests from 1-60, unless you can race change later on then go for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire View Post
    I'd wait til 4.0.3 and roll a troll/dwarf lock...
    Im not sure about troll, but unless something has changed recently, dwarf arent getting warlock.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Im going horde and refuse to roll (unless racials prove to be a critical advantage) trolls or blood elfs.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Strong advice mate: don't roll a warlock. In wotlk locks are playable, tough to master, but the way i see it in cataclysm, locks are going to be utterly useless. Trust me, i have been following the changes really carefully. If i were you i'd stay away from this class, and choose another one. Right now, shammy's and druids look interesting.

And why will they be utterly useless? Explain yourself.

As for rolling a new character, I would wait until 4.0.3 and have the experience to level a troll warlock in the revamped zones from 1-60.

And yes, trolls and dwarfs can be warlocks.
    Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Im not sure about troll, but unless something has changed recently, dwarf arent getting warlock.
    Things have changed and not even recently, quite a long time ago. Dwarves are getting warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    Things have changed and not even recently, quite a long time ago. Dwarves are getting warlocks.
    Would you happen to have a link to this> Im in the early stages of rolling a warlock, lvl 23 atm, but if dwarfs get them im def gonna wait.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Race decisions aside, the revamped levelling experience that comes with 4.0.3 is as good a time to start with a new character as any.
    Unless you are in a hurry to start levelling it, in which case the sooner the better, particularly if you are familliar with the zones in which it will be levelling.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/features/

Features - New Race and Class Combinations
    Or just skip to the image directly.
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/catac...trix_en_US.jpg
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-10-20 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Would you happen to have a link to this> Im in the early stages of rolling a warlock, lvl 23 atm, but if dwarfs get them im def gonna wait.

Check out worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/_images/features/raceclassmatrix_en_US.jpg
    Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, rolling a Goblin warlock would be a fantastic idea for PvP, if you do that on a regular basis. Specifically, a Goblin has a great advantage that Warlocks have been preening for for some time now: an additional peel. It's not the most reliable of movement effects, but you can't argue with being able to rocket jump away from a bloodthirsty Warrior.

Waiting till cata to lvl another toon would give the the experience of its like a whole new game and your just starting out for the first time imo.

Sweet thanks for the links, looks like ima have to reroll dwarf asap!

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry