Deleted

A question about Racials: Esp. Draenei vs. Human

Hello everybody!

Though I read this forum a lot this is my first post here and it involves a topic I can't make up my mind about:

I play a Draenei Paladin and I do like the style (yeah I know... most people dont't - he's male) BUT I think the Draenei Racials are not very competitive compared to others esp. Human, even though I do like being one of the very few rare draenei paladins, whereas all the rest seems to be human.

Does anyone know if they intend to redo the racials before or maybe at Cata launch? Or is this "hotfix-nerf" everything everyone gets?

If you compare the lousy Draenei HoT with the "Every man for itself" you'll agree that,even though the cd has been changed to 3 min, esp. in PvE it's far superior. The HoT my only be ok for non-healing classes I think.

What's the point in 10 gemcutting instead of 5? What use has this anyway? I start Cata with 460 instead of 450 and have to cut 10 gems less? That's awful, isn't it?

1% hit seems ok, although as a holy paladin you get far too much hit now anyway because of spirit. As a ret or tank it's allright I guess.
    -2% shadow spell is not too shabby but compared with b11 -2% all schools it seems all so weak.

I like 3 expertise / 10% rep bonus / 3% spirit / free insignia somehow better. I would really like to hear your opinion on that topic and if you think or know if they are about to change the racials again soon?

best regards,
    Arynor
    (level 80 holy / ret paladin; 80 resto / bear druid; 80 disc / holy priest; 80 demo warlock)

They might still change them around a bit, I agree that the Draenei heal is probably for the most part useless, but don't expect any major changes, they're going to be mostly the same with maybe a bit of rebalancing.

But anyway, Racials don't make much difference, so I wouldn't make your choice of race based on racials, just go with which race you like and stuff.

Deleted
    Not much of a difference. I suppose not. But they can be really crucial at some points e.g. aoe-silence / stun. Granted humans were really powerful and deserved a little nerf, but what about the other races? Don't they need a small buff?

If anything stays the same wouldn't human still be more useful in pve and pvp regards? Saddens me a little, because I like my hooved octopus