New weapon enchants

I just noticed some of the new weapon enchants and I was curious why there is never any cool or fun enchants for hunters. Its always just a boring stat and never something to think about or figure out what is best.

while i dont understand why you should get a special enchant i could see the use or logic in adding a scope of some kind that had a chance to give a boost stat.

Cool or fun enchants are hard to balance, as Nibelung demonstrated.

Deleted
    Hunters have had a very boring choice of enchants, be it stat stick enchants or actual weapon scopes, they all just provide X more crit, Y more damage etc, I think we should be able to use enchants that give you XXX more damage/haste/crit randomly while damaging with a ranged weapon, kind of like how every melee class has access to fun proc enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    usually because many classes can use them, if it was a scope that had a cool effect i doubt a warrior or rogue would shoot thier gun/bow to get it so it would be easier to balance knowing only one class could use it effectivly

The variety of classes has nothing to do with it.
    It is the mechanisms, where nibelung had the opportunity if rng was on your side to be a huge dps boost.
    Simple stat increases are easier to balance, and yes they are usually boring.

WTB creative scopes for our ranged weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohahihehu View Post
    WTB creative scopes for our ranged weapons.
    Users of Wands, Librams, Totems, Sigils and Idols don't get any kind of enchant on those slots, let alone creative ones. If they implemented something beyond the basic bit of crit or hit or whatever it would seem only right that the other classes with different items in those slots had some kind of enhancement for the sake of preserving some semblance of balance / fair play.

What sort of item enhancements *could* work (aside from gems) for that slot for various classes without being too lore-weird or unbalanced? Everyone would need a comparative thing at the end of the day. Maybe just a boring straight stat increase or a haste proc on successful spell cast / damage dealt but certainly not just for one class. I can imagine the tears now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaell View Post
    Users of Wands, Librams, Totems, Sigils and Idols don't get any kind of enchant on those slots, let alone creative ones. If they implemented something beyond the basic bit of crit or hit or whatever it would seem only right that the other classes with different items in those slots had some kind of enhancement for the sake of preserving some semblance of balance / fair play.

What sort of item enhancements *could* work (aside from gems) for that slot for various classes without being too lore-weird or unbalanced? Everyone would need a comparative thing at the end of the day. Maybe just a boring straight stat increase or a haste proc on successful spell cast / damage dealt but certainly not just for one class. I can imagine the tears now.
    To be fair, the ranged weapon is the hunters main weapon, while their melee weapon corresponds to wands/librams etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Im talking more about actual weapon enchants, not weapon procs. IE. berserking, black magic, mongoose, blood draining, as well as others and even the new healing enchant, none of which will do a damn thing for a hunter. We're always stuck with AP or agi, just want something more interesting and involved since that seems to be blizzards goals as of late.

All they would need to do is allow currently planned melee weapon proc-based enchants to function with ranged attacks and all hunters/enchanters will be happy. I don't really think we actually need proc-based scopes, even though it might be fun to have them, just let us have fun with what is already there for everyone else.

i could see a scope enchant giving a proc i dont see why it wouldnt or even a proc off of a skill move from something on ur melee weapon.