Thread: Enhancement PvP

Enhancement PvP

Well finally the patch has come out and allows us to test out pvp with the new talent trees.
    Where as this doesn't really tell how mastery is going to affect us at lvl 85 I personally feel more comfortable when i pvp against I never Ele or Resto pvp (unless I have am doing for fun)
    The changes in heals is a BIG upgrade for Enh shamans feels as if i can stay alive alot longer...Maelstrom Great healing waves are nice...did anyone notice that Enh shamans at lvl 85 can spec into Natures Guardian ?
    Movement speed increase by 7% yay ....They need to change the Grounding totem Glyph the increased cooldown is TOO long(makes it 1 minute) and I dont know if pvp gear reduces the CD.
    GIVE US BACK OUR STUN...CHANGE SEARING TOTEM SO WE CAN FIRE NOVA AGAIN...one of these should happen...A stun because how else can a Enh shaman avoid starfalls besides spirit wolf stun sprint away until its duration is done?.
    I love Glyph of Shammy rage as Cloak of shadows but I wish we could use shammy rage inside of fears..but this means we can get out of....Deep freeze plus reduce the damage we are about to take since the mage has icy veins...Get out of hammer of justice/righteousness....Lava Lash now does damage !! yay and in the time its on its CD you gain the searing totem stacks. We should be able to control our stuns with our wolves when we want to so that change has not been made. The saddest part about any changes is how slow maelstrom is now since we dont benefit from haste anymore :-(

Enh is fine for 80 pvp

Deleted
    Enh is doing ok atm. I guess viable is the right word, tho I'm still very troubled how will enh pvp turn out in 85 pvp. For example the heals won't be that great anymore in cata, because cata healthpools have not hit yet. So say your 10k heals in like 100k hp won't be that cool anymore (well my numbers are bit off but you get what I'm saying). There's ofc a lot of other things to cry about, but we'll see in couple months how things turn out...

the burst with enhance is rather fun right now in bg's, espically with people running around in pve gear

Deleted
    Well, arena and rated BG's will be another story, because there's a lot of "noobs" running BG's atm (yet again also with the higher healthpools).

Actually speaking of rated BG's. I'm really afraid of enhancement shamans not taken to any good rated BG teams (unless you're really exeptional player). =/

Quote Originally Posted by Kotletti View Post
    Well, arena and rated BG's will be another story, because there's a lot of "noobs" running BG's atm (yet again also with the higher healthpools).

Actually speaking of rated BG's. I'm really afraid of enhancement shamans not taken to any good rated BG teams (unless you're really exeptional player). =/
    there will be alot of noobs in arena and rated bgs aswell... untill the thing actually gets going properly anyways.
    Still looking for a reason to come back...

15+ Year Old Account
    I think PvP is one area where we can't complain at this time. I also disagree with the rated BG comment, seeing as tools like Earthen Power and such could really help in the CTF BGs. Also, its pretty fun just Ghost Wolfing all the way up the tunnel in WSG and running out! :P

Deleted
    Because I failed my last thread, Im going to try here aswell.

What hitrating do you guys use in PVP?
    Do you reforge any expertise?

Quote Originally Posted by Lylz View Post
    I think PvP is one area where we can't complain at this time. I also disagree with the rated BG comment, seeing as tools like Earthen Power and such could really help in the CTF BGs. Also, its pretty fun just Ghost Wolfing all the way up the tunnel in WSG and running out! :P
    of all the new talents in all the specs, indoor/outdoor ghost wolf(astrall swiftness) has been my favorite utility talent for pvp/pve.

for pvp i get at least the 5% mele hit and i do not reforge for expertise.

Deleted
    I noticed quite the diffrence dueling a warrior with and without expertise. Meaning he dodged/parry alot of my hits.

Can anyone confirm that we don't need expertise. I mean its not like we are rogues hitting 90% of our shots from behind in pvp..

15+ Year Old Account
    You want hitcap for specials and that's about it. Don't even bother with expertise.

Deleted
    I know this applied pre 4.01, the reason i am asking is that i am seeing an increase in miss, dodge, parry since after patch. So my question is if you can confirm this also applies to4.01

To be honest it seems like all we got was a better heal... and a bigger lava lash we go idle for too long imo alot of time where we are just auto attacking

Deleted
    ENH pvp feking HURTS this patch. Full wrathfull shaman was lava lashing my full wrathfull shadow priest for 11k crits, and the self healing is insane.
    Last edited by mmoc796e664f5d; 2010-10-25 at 03:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream View Post
    ENH pvp feking HURTS this patch. Full wrathfull shaman was lava lashing my full wrathfull shadow priest for 11k crits, and the self healing is insane.
    well, we are strong as a melee. Caster are much stronger atm... Ele shamans, boomkins, shadows, ... caster are now even more stronger than in 3.3.5 in competitive matches...

but, wait until 85, we'll what blizzard is going to do

Pre-made battlegrounds is where you will have the best time as an enhancement shammie if you know roughly what your doing.

I follow a kind of guideline as to what im doing but i know my m8s and we use vent.

For example.....in warsong gulch i use my enhance as a interceptor of other people, quickly moving from 1 target to ghost wolf and nitro boots ( awesome ) to catch someone with the flag in a frost shock, purge and wind shear whilst doing okish dps whilst someone backs me up is how i like to play. Trying to use my class to the benefit of the team and ensure a win is what you should concentrate on.

Running with the flag is excelent for us also, sure youll get people in random bgs moaning that the easily killed shammie shouldnt get the flag etc but i have my cooroded skeleton key and shamanistic rage at the ready, a few well placed eartbind totems on route big heals....even gift of narru helps.

Could probably be better if i bothered to regem a few things properly and complete my set of pvp gear but waiting till cata to see what i can buy etc then.

Enhance pvp gd, enhance pve baddd

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lylz View Post
    You want hitcap for specials and that's about it. Don't even bother with expertise.
    How much resilience do you have? And what do you reforge?
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

15+ Year Old Account
    ~1020 Resi or so. Check my Armory, I think I logged in PvP gear.

I don't bother reforging anything on PvP gear actually (aside from those few PvE peices that I've already reforged).