Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Not to be rude here or anything but did enha shamans actually ever got their "fix"?

- I didnt play in Vanilla, I hear you sucked in PvE but had some serious WF procs in PvP.
    - In TBC I dont really remmember how good you were but we had one of you!
    - In Naxx 2.0 you were one of the best DPSers but had serious threat issues. Those got fixed, but...
    - Since ULD it went downhill with your dmg almost always being the lowest, HP at mages level too. Blizz never really touched that.

Isnt it time to... you know... Respec?
    yeh elemental is in a great place at the moment im beating fury warriors with shadowmourne on single target fights :P

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    Mastery isnt broken, it simply affects different specs/classes in different ways, making it not as attractive for some as it is for others.
    When STRENGTH is more attractive to combat rogues than mastery, then I think it's safe to say that mastery is broken. Or do you really think it's Blizzard's intention to make their new fancy mastery stat absolutely, completely useless for combat rogues?

they felt comfortable pushing the changes onto live

this statement is far from the truth or at least its not the right thing to say here.
    WE ARE THE BETA and it was pushed onto us so we could test their failings.

WotLK is over.
    we are just in the pay to test phase of the game now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khathrok View Post
    Enhance is fine. people need to stop qqing on forums, and actually start playing and learn the way the spec is played now.
    Yeah i dont know what all the QQ is about i went from averaging 10k on saurfang in icc 25 to about 15k dps. Grant it i spent around 1000g re geming changing some enchants etc but fuck enhancement has always been relearn the class build every time there is a coefficient change.

Vanilla stack strength and crit equip big 2h pwn face in pvp, Bc dual wield wf on both handsstack ap hit crit use a fancy macro for shocks and totem twist pwn face. Wotlk early equip fast healing dagger mainhand fast dps dagger offhand ft on both with some off the wall spec pwn face. then mid wotlk stack haste haste haste dw slow wf mh and ft offhand pwn face. and now we stack agility dw and pwn face.

Enhancement has always ended up been a relay race for adapting and overcoming the odds and in the end thats what i love about the class its always new every content patch.

As for hunters i quite enjoy the new play style.

But apparently theres a huge epidemic going around with Faulty Keyboards and im sure there will be a recall with so many broken Q keys being stuck....

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    When STRENGTH is more attractive to combat rogues than mastery, then I think it's safe to say that mastery is broken. Or do you really think it's Blizzard's intention to make their new fancy mastery stat absolutely, completely useless for combat rogues?
    Mastery at this point is something that is either highly needed by a spec or its not. Now once we get gear with mastery and we all have more than we need the stats attractiveness will come into full swing. As it is now you are just getting it as filler during reforging. look at fury warriors now you have to spend almost all your reforging to get your hit to 27% and the items you cant reforge to hit you get mastery. So what if rogues dont need it fn get what you need out of reforging and get mastery as filler move along.

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 01:04 PM ----------

I don't know if this helps but a GM told me that Rogue dps was a known issue that they were investigating. Of course, it could just be vacuous talk to try and calm down pissed off customers.
    Contacting a gm because you're dps is low really..... i mean i guess thats ok since there is no information about any of this online to research....
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotomon View Post

Mastery at this point is something that is either highly needed by a spec or its not. Now once we get gear with mastery and we all have more than we need the stats attractiveness will come into full swing. As it is now you are just getting it as filler during reforging. look at fury warriors now you have to spend almost all your reforging to get your hit to 27% and the items you cant reforge to hit you get mastery. So what if rogues dont need it fn get what you need out of reforging and get mastery as filler move along.[COLOR="red"]
    You are not looking at it from the right perspective mate. Its not whether you need it or not. Combat rogues DONT HAVE IT! How can we explain this for you to understand? Its a wasted stat, its not working, it doesnt proc. I am not disputing that mastery is better for some classes than for others, but we gain no benefit from it. Aka broken. And as for whether we need it or not, well if it was working I would be able to tell you. Now, neither you nor I, or anyone else for that matter can really say whether we need it or not because we dont know what it does when reforged into (well I mean we know what it should do, but what it would offer us dps wise).

And seriously, please stop refering to Cataclysm and gear from it because:
    a) a broken mastery wont scale
    b) we are still in WoTLK

Want me to give you a simple example? Maybe reforging into it would allow us to use instant on our mainhands. Maybe if it was working we could benefit more from a slow offhand. Catching my drift?

Yeah i dont know what all the QQ is about....

But apparently theres a huge epidemic going around with Faulty Keyboards and im sure there will be a recall with so many broken Q keys being stuck....[COLOR="red"]
    Hey Rotomon - this is gonna sound a bit elitist and it probably is, but when we're discussing high end raiding mechanics and comparisons, you should at least have had some experience with that. I did a quick armory check on your Shammy, and lo and behold, you have hardly had any kind of end game experience. Hell you haven't even finished normal ICC 10 man. And your previous raid experience is limited to what can be done in pugs (i.e. all your achievements happened a year and a half after progression). Let alone any of the harder mode bosses (strangely, you have no hard mode experience in Ulduar or TOGC, 10 or 25 man).

So I figure, maybe this is his alt. Let me check Baddude and Harker (your warrior and pally). Nope, the shammy is the main.

So my question to you is this: do you think you're qualified to discuss end game mechanics and comparisons? Someone who has never raided in a competitive environment, who has never done any kind of hardmode, who hasn't even done any of the sorta-more-difficult fights even on normal 10 man? Yet you're quick to call all of this QQ. Really dude? I don't care if you call me an elitist, but at least I have had the experience and history to back up my "QQ" as you call it. Just because you're happy to have some pug GKP run do 6/12 and heroic Gunship doesn't really make you qualified to comment whether or not high end raiders have legitimate complaints or not.

If I'm wrong, if despite your history, you are actually more knowledgeable than we would assume, let us know. Have you created a community-tested and accepted simulation model? Do you play on the beta and have insight with the developers?

If the answer to these questions is "no", then please tell us why you are qualified to tell us everything is "fine" and we're all just "QQ"-ing?

Thanks.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to assume this is a troll post because its been said over and over that we are tuned for 85, and logs prove it. WotLK is over with, get over it. If you haven't killed HLK yet, tough luck. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhouse View Post
    I am going to assume this is a troll post because its been said over and over that we are tuned for 85, and logs prove it. WotLK is over with, get over it. If you haven't killed HLK yet, tough luck. Move along.
    Link some of those logs, please.
    Because from videos etc I've seen, rogues are not fine at 85.

And mastery isn't going to suddenly become less shit than it is now, it doesn't scale like ArP did.
    If it's shitty at 1% it'll be shitty at 60% too.

Yeah, I'd like to see one of those logs, too. Some of us *are* actually in the beta, and maybe we're pressing some buttons wrong. But show us a log. Everyone I've talked to and everything I've read has shown that at 85, we're in much worse shape than we are now in comparison to others. So either show these magical logs, or basically, stop trolling.

Deleted
    Oh rly? I must have missed them logs then. Could I please have a link to the logs you are basing this insight on?

Anyone want some popcorn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

Mastery at this point is something that is either highly needed by a spec or its not. Now once we get gear with mastery and we all have more than we need the stats attractiveness will come into full swing. As it is now you are just getting it as filler during reforging. look at fury warriors now you have to spend almost all your reforging to get your hit to 27% and the items you cant reforge to hit you get mastery. So what if rogues dont need it fn get what you need out of reforging and get mastery as filler move along.
    You do not understand how the mastery for combat works. Mastery does not become better when you get more of it, if it is not fixed it will be a completely useless stat all the way through Cata. Do some research before posting next time.

Contacting a gm because you're dps is low really..... i mean i guess thats ok since there is no information about any of this online to research....
    There has been no official word form Blizzard about rogues. If I have concerns or complaints I'll obviously contact Blizzard, in this case through a GM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklenne View Post
    Anyone want some popcorn?
    Ill take some...extra butter.
    People bitch....people find people who bitcha about the same things, and they bitch together. They bitch about polotics, other peoples beliefs and lives, they bitch about theyre own lives, jobs, cars, money. People bitch about idiots, but in turn are being bitched at for being idiots themselves, people bitch about irresponsibility, but take non of theyre own, people bitch about alot of things, so is people bitching about a video game really far fetched? gtfo and go bitch about something that matter ffs. welcoming a ban here, but im sick of QQ all day about everything possible...jeeze

Another fucking idiot, I see. Please go check out combat rogues at 85.

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 04:26 PM ----------

You do not understand how the mastery for combat works. Mastery does not become better when you get more of it, if it is not fixed it will be a completely useless stat all the way through Cata. Do some research before posting next time.

There has been no official word form Blizzard about rogues. If I have concerns or complaints I'll obviously contact Blizzard, in this case through a GM.
    I even mentioned the same god damn thing in this thread, apparently Rotomon didn't take anytime to read anything.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    No actually, any dps is good dps, and I have absolutely no hope of us getting fixed anytmie soon.
    Given your admission, I fail to see the purpose in bitching about it to anonymous people on the internet.

Deleted
    I really would like to see any strong evidence proving that combat rogues are tuned for lvl 85 and will be good enough.
    Otherwise your words are useless.

The most annoying thing about this is Blizzard hasn't got any frigging word about is. If a blue writes *Shut up rogues* i will even accept this but they are just acting this class is no longer available in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phayze View Post
    Hey Rotomon - this is gonna sound a bit elitist and it probably is, but when we're discussing high end raiding mechanics and comparisons, you should at least have had some experience with that. I did a quick armory check on your Shammy, and lo and behold, you have hardly had any kind of end game experience. Hell you haven't even finished normal ICC 10 man. And your previous raid experience is limited to what can be done in pugs (i.e. all your achievements happened a year and a half after progression). Let alone any of the harder mode bosses (strangely, you have no hard mode experience in Ulduar or TOGC, 10 or 25 man).

So I figure, maybe this is his alt. Let me check Baddude and Harker (your warrior and pally). Nope, the shammy is the main.

So my question to you is this: do you think you're qualified to discuss end game mechanics and comparisons? Someone who has never raided in a competitive environment, who has never done any kind of hardmode, who hasn't even done any of the sorta-more-difficult fights even on normal 10 man? Yet you're quick to call all of this QQ. Really dude? I don't care if you call me an elitist, but at least I have had the experience and history to back up my "QQ" as you call it. Just because you're happy to have some pug GKP run do 6/12 and heroic Gunship doesn't really make you qualified to comment whether or not high end raiders have legitimate complaints or not.

If I'm wrong, if despite your history, you are actually more knowledgeable than we would assume, let us know. Have you created a community-tested and accepted simulation model? Do you play on the beta and have insight with the developers?

If the answer to these questions is "no", then please tell us why you are qualified to tell us everything is "fine" and we're all just "QQ"-ing?

Thanks.
    Harsh but true. It's funny when you see people defending patch 4.0.1 by saying "despite the bugs I'm completely happy with it" and you look at their class and it's almost always a caster that's had a vast DPS increase or a hotfixed melee class, I mean OF COURSE you are going to be happy with it, some people cannot acknowledge problems until it happens to them or affects their game on a personal level.

Also the people calling QQ and purporting to have seen an increase in their personal DPS are almost always complete noobs when you check their armory. Personally as a Combat Rogue my gear was average to poor in the context of my current guild (only started serious raiding a couple of months ago), yet I would almost always be competitive and a few times even topping the meters because I had reached the ArP cap which allowed me to perform above my gear level. Since 4.0.1 I am essentially useless and often in the bottom two or three.

As I do not have the gear to switch to Mutilate I am well and truly stuffed for the next six weeks while my guild tries to finish LK 25 HC, if I manage to down it with them it will only be because of a lack of signups and not because I've deserved it or made a telling contribution.

The lack of even a mere acknowledgement for Combat Rogues/Enh. Shamans is scandalous really, especially when you look at GC's post history and he has made 10 or so posts just in one thread regarding Holy Paladins, the selectiveness and class bias is just frustrating when you're experience is being adversely affected.

In GC's defense, Holy pallys were completely remade from the ground up. It's a completely different class. So it makes sense that Blizz is going to address and fix them first.

Not trying to be a blizzard apologist here, or discredit the state of rogues currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    The lack of even a mere acknowledgement for Combat Rogues/Enh. Shamans is scandalous really, especially when you look at GC's post history and he has made 10 or so posts just in one thread regarding Holy Paladins, the selectiveness and class bias is just frustrating when you're experience is being adversely affected.
    ^This.

Bring the player not the class... What was blizz thinking? Did they ever manage to "balance" classes? Did they ever balance anything completely in this game? I think it is impossible, but there was a reason to take all classes to a raid because of unique buffs/utility which made everyone perform better. All they keep saying that it is normal some classes perform better at some fights than others. But this also means that it is easier to perform better for a raid with less classes that are "balanced" a bit more.

And what are these hot fixes? Fury warriors could run around for 6months with a hit bug so they could spam heroic strike which made their offhand never miss, so they had always rage once imba geared, which lowered the skill cap of the class and also made them do more dps. Why did this bug never get fixed in 6months? And when there is a new patch, 2days it only takes to fix them...

soooo disappointed in blizz