Deleted

Glyph of Salvation

I'am kinda high on threat on my retri and when iam using salvation with the glyph. Does it mean my threat will continue to build up as normal, but the mob will ignore it when iam using the glyphed Salvation? Nd when it runs off iam getting all the threat the mob was ignoring at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Satyrs View Post
    I'am kinda high on threat on my retri and when iam using salvation with the glyph. Does it mean my threat will continue to build up as normal, but the mob will ignore it when iam using the glyphed Salvation? Nd when it runs off iam getting all the threat the mob was ignoring at once?
    Glyphed Salvation temporarily removes threat. Meaning, if it removed 100k threat, it restores 100k threat. Once it wears off, it is as if you never used it in the first place.
    Essentially, it's sort of like an inverse-taunt mechanic.

Better off just using normal Hand if you're having consistent threat problems.

Edit: If you're still having threat problems and are using Hand, have another Pally use their Hand on you too. Problem solved =)
    Last edited by saberon; 2010-10-20 at 01:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

off-topic: I was staring at your sig. because it is so damn cute

on-topic: I believe it drop your threat completely for the duration of the salv.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Deleted
    If it works anything like the Mage's Mirror Images, then watching your threat climb on omen it greys out but continues to climb depending on your actions. The mobs ignore you no matter what you do (unless there are no other targets alive I believe).

When the effect wears off (for me, when the images die) the bar goes to whatever colour it normally and the mobs start paying attention to you again. If you are the highest on the threat table, you will have the mobs full attention.

Basically I pop images early on so I can go all out and not worry about over agroing the tank, but as the last couple of seconds of the images are ticking I have to do an agro dump (in mages case invisibility is best) to ensure i don't get threat.

Since it is a full temp threat dump, instead of a threat reduction, I wonder if it can be used to reset mobs if you are the only one fighting them or the only one alive ...
    REAL ID was merely a setback!

Deleted
    allright thnx then ím gonna reglyph as soon as my freakin realm gets back up:s

Yeah, it works exactly the same way the threat suppression on Mirror Images works. You can still see your threat level, it's just greyed out for the duration of the buff. As soon as the buff expires, you retain all the threat you has before it was cast and all the threat you generated while it was up.

It had the potential of being incredibly useful, but it's really just very situational. Honestly the only use I can think of for it is a situation in which you'd want to HoP someone but it's on cooldown, or it's a melee and you want them to be able to still attack. But that coming at he sacrifice of Ret's only threat drop and the ability to drop someone else's threat as Prot or Holy just seems like too steep a cost.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

I use it to go balls out at the start, to get more uptime on cooldowns, then politely demand to one of the holys to give me their own.
    Still, taking the threat reduction talent was bad.