Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Warlock Irritations

Hey All,

I am really finding a few things frustrating and I wondered if you all shared the same view:

1. Soul Burn - Drain Life - Drains twice as quick for half as long / There are two ways of inteperating this. Wouldn't it be better if it said it was cast 4 times quicker?

2. Soul Burn / Soul Harvest - A 45 second cool down on burning shards for the sake of a instant cast doesn't really give us the extra burst damage I was looking for. As we only have 3 shards per fight and we cannot use Soul Harvest in combat (imo I think we should be able to) then would it not be more effective to not have a CD on Soul Burn so that we can shoot say 3 instants in a row? That would then give us a little burst damage when we want it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pridelock View Post
    2. Soul Burn / Soul Harvest - A 45 second cool down on burning shards for the sake of a instant cast doesn't really give us the extra burst damage I was looking for. As we only have 3 shards per fight and we cannot use Soul Harvest in combat (imo I think we should be able to) then would it not be more effective to not have a CD on Soul Burn so that we can shoot say 3 instants in a row? That would then give us a little burst damage when we want it.
    No. It'd be WAY overpowered. Imagine getting 3 instant cast Soul Fires in your face and you should understand why.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see your point about the 3 instants. But even if we were to change to a 10 second cooldown - I think 45 is way too much at the moment!

My irritation would be that Soul Burn only synergizes with a select few other abilities. I think if more spells would be enhanced, it would justify the 45 sec cooldown more. I am kinda content with Soul Harvest being an ooc-ability, it really makes using Soul Burn a choice instead a part of a rotation.

As for now, it feels like a lack of creativity if you examine all the soulburn effects on the few abilities, example: the Soulburn effect on Summon Teleport... seriously, I can only imagine a PvP use for that in a select few scenarios.

Drain Life, is okay I guess, but it could be more interesting. The Summon Demons soulburn effect is great though, I always hated standing still for 10 seconds waiting for manditory pet to come stand next to you.

An idea for a Soulburn effect on Shadow Bolt would be a temporary spellpower buff (think 5-10% SP for 6-8 seconds).

I agree the Drain Life Soulburn effect is kind of meh. I do actually agree with 3 shards per boss fight to burn. With pre-pot SB/SF you can effectively get in 4 instant Soul Fires. Some use for affliction would be nice tho. Maybe a Soulburn Shadow Bolt that keeps the debuff up on target for 45 seconds

Also I think shadowburn should be baseline for all locks. Realllllly nice to do on any fight with adds.

yeah the "soul shard mechanic overhaul" is significantly dissapointing, Im glad we dont have to carry around 32 wastes of bagspace anymore, but I def dont feel like "using a soulshard is a big moment" by any stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    No. It'd be WAY overpowered. Imagine getting 3 instant cast Soul Fires in your face and you should understand why.
    Not really. Since the GCD is 1.5 sec, its basically the same as if the spell was a 1.5 sec cast.. except you cant move while casting.

But we really need more soulburn effects, the only stuff you use it for now is instant soulfire and summon demons...

Deleted
    I like it as is, but I agree that a few more effects would be a great step forward once things have settled from the Cataclysm.

Deleted
    At the moment I'd like more abilities, since as a pve dps bot i don't feel like i'll get to use more than soul fire and maybe soc.

It'll be interesting to see how that impression translates in Cata though. If they do a good job of making raids and dungeons a bit less burn focussed we may find pvp style abilities get a lot more use.

Deleted
    I'd like molten Core to appear on blizzard's Power Auras.

Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    yeah the "soul shard mechanic overhaul" is significantly dissapointing, Im glad we dont have to carry around 32 wastes of bagspace anymore, but I def dont feel like "using a soulshard is a big moment" by any stretch.
    Thanks for reminding me of broken promise #673.

Quote Originally Posted by marojo60 View Post
    I'd like molten Core to appear on blizzard's Power Auras.
    Your wish has already been granted, it seems.