Deleted

Starting a Shaman

Decided to finally create a shammy, I want to do all quests in the old world again before they disappear/gets changed. But what is the spec to go? I personally think that elemental sounds tempting + I got cloth caster heirloom gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement is alot faster.
    Also get 2x Venerable Mass of McGowan.

Deleted
    Enhancement

Insta ghost wolf, run to enemy, Smash stuff in face, instant-self heal, mana regen, kill mob, move on!

PLUS!

* interrupt
    * snare
    * ranged pull
    * TOTEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you've already got caster heirlooms, go for that. If you've got some melee heirlooms that will work, go for that. If you've got both, play one for a bit, respec and play the other, and then pick (unless you're level 40 by that point and then just hit up dual spec).

Deleted
    Enhancement was amazing for me while leveling, i loved it, i'd suggest it until i'm blue in the face. But at the end of the day its what you prefer, so i suggest you try Elemental too

Deleted
    I've lvled almost every class and spec there is and I must say I had the most fun as an enhancement shaman. Playstyles differ and you have heirlooms already for ele so it makes it harder to choose, but I can assure you enhance will be blast.

I leveled my Shaman with the cloth Heirlooms as Enhancement. Though the old Int>AP conversion made that a bit more worth it... then again, for 20% Exp I'd quest unarmed in entirely pink gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go elemental if you like casters. It is not slower than enhancement.

Plus if you have them heirlooms, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    Just go elemental if you like casters. It is not slower than enhancement.

Plus if you have them heirlooms, why not?
    It is slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    It is slower.
    have you tried leveling an ele since 4.0? its not that bad
    Hi Sephurik

with both specs there is no longer a need to sit and drink/eat. comes down to what you would rather do. Sit at ranged and cast lb till the key bind figer hurts, or be in up close and smash face

With the changes that came in 4.0 I would say go enhance. You get dual weild at lvl 10 now and you literally kill everything in 1-2 seconds. I had 0 down time when I was checking out all the changes. But its all about what you enjoy, caster or mellee.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Do not go enhance....we are terribly broken atm and unless blizz finally shows us some attention your only going to get headaches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masicar View Post
    Do not go enhance....we are terribly broken atm and unless blizz finally shows us some attention your only going to get headaches.
    He is talking about leveling, not end game. Enhancement is still better for speed and lack of downtime. Elemental aint bad tho (and you can go resto at 40 for instances and use the same geaR)

Enhance all the way. I am doing that right now, and smash through everything. I do have heirlooms though, including the maces, dps mail chest, pvp caster shoulders, and two of the trinkets.

Basically here are the perks I have.

Everything my own level or even a bit higher dies in seconds. Once I got Stormstrike I was literally one or two shotting monsters.

Mana never drops below 90% unless you spam heals. Primal Wisdom and low skill cost means you never have to even worry about mana.

When you do get overwhelmed, you heal like a champ. I was DPSing, tanking, AND healing in a Gnomeregan run the other night because of how strong I was, I could do it all.

Enhance is just insane right now.

Deleted
    Oki, sounds like enhance is the way to go then... Too bad I left my mail heirlooms on my other server when migrated from that one :S And the heirlooms prices now are kinda high /sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't have enhancement heirlooms, but have elemental ones, just go elemental really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    If you don't have enhancement heirlooms, but have elemental ones, just go elemental really.
    Even if you have elemental heirloom, go enhancement.
    Pre-4.0 both were on pair, in 4.0 enhancement is just awesome, while elemental its the same.

I leveled as Ele because I already had a warrior and wanted to try out casting.

Sure Enhance probably will be quicker with less down time, but really do whatever you want. Both will get the job done without too many issues.

I must ask though why do you want to do all the content in its current form when Cata is just round the corner and going to make the leveling experience new and exciting and fun (maybe??) again?