Thread: Threat gen

Deleted

Threat gen

I have been tanking with my DK for a quite a while, my gear is very good (a mixture or 264 and 277) and im tanking end game boss's

before the patch i had no problems with my agro gen, I used to frost spec to keep agro of our guild really high hitters in certain fights, our arcane mages doing 20k dps were prime targets for having to be in this spec every now and then. I used blood spec for the survability.

post patch i have having some issues, i don't have a problem with taunting and building agro straight away because rune strike is usable and creates a rude amount of agro. I cant generate any agro really if not being hit, the fight that really showed this up was lady deathwisper HC because she cant be taunted and i have to take agro off the other tank by building my threat as his drops .... this was impossible, I popped every CD (glyph of dancing rune weapon, lifeblood for the 240 haste, blood tap and empowered rune weapon) and still i couldn't generate more threat than the melee dps (doing about 16k dps)

has anyone else had this issue or is there a change in the patch that i have missed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by talym View Post
    I cant generate any agro really if not being hit

Yes.
    This is my biggest beef recently. It's worse than being a warrior getting rage starved: I have the RP, just cant use it because it requires an evade.

This will not be a problem in Cata. We don't have to evade to use it, but damage/threat is going down some and cost is going up by 50%.

80 Death Knight 80 Rogue 80 Paladin 80 Warrior

deathgrip and add to get the dodge/parries

Yeah, oddly enough I was having this issue and talking about it last night with a few people. Same fight too... haha. Other fights were okay, but I feel that single target threat isn't where it used to be (it seems they got rid of the insane snap threat from Icy Touch?), although it will be fixed when they change Rune Strike I believe.

I don't offtank. I generate way too much agro right now, (often 3-4x as much threat as dps). The only issue I have had, is no snap threat to start the fight, so the first 15-30 seconds are slow going.

The only fight that a problem exists is LDW. We can't icy slam agro, and we can't Rune strike, because we cant get hit, and i usually just keep a melee add on me, and that makes it so i can rune strike often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fonzatron2000 View Post
    deathgrip and add to get the dodge/parries
    You obviously didn't read the OP. On fights where taunts don't work and you have to earn your threat.

80 Death Knight 80 Rogue 80 Paladin 80 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by wizdro View Post
    You obviously didn't read the OP. On fights where taunts don't work and you have to earn your threat.
    I think he meant AN add, as in have someone smacking away at him?
    To be married on January 21st, 2011.