Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    LOL remember that old saying "Bring the raider not the class" so be a good player and it dosent matter what utility you have maximizing your dps or heals or threat is all anyone needs to bring to raids anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrfunctory View Post
    I disagree. The ability to shapeshift to Bear Form and tank with Barkskin and Survival Instincts while someone casts Rebirth on the tank is the very definition of "utility."
    both of you are right. sometimes raids do have emergencies such as this (which is now nerfed due to no more auto def cap) and also im just talking utility for a raid overall (including personal)

Quote Originally Posted by Kryesta View Post
    LOL remember that old saying "Bring the raider not the class" so be a good player and it dosent matter what utility you have maximizing your dps or heals or threat is all anyone needs to bring to raids anymore.
    very true. though id honestly say doing my part well enough considering im topping charts constantly ~15k+ dps (in icc of course) depending on what fight...
    Last edited by Snoffles; 2010-10-21 at 04:19 AM.

While you may look down on your feral innervate as being terrible, the healer who gets it at level 85 and has enough mana to heal the tank and your guild downs the boss will love you for it.

I think blizz is hoping that the 'raid utility' is going to be you. You'll be a better player then the fury warrior who pulls aggro and dies- thus removing his 5% crit buff. Etc, etc.

That said I think if you like the DK better and want to play that, then you should. But it really doesn't have more raid utility then a druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Miedo View Post
    While you may look down on your feral innervate as being terrible, the healer who gets it at level 85 and has enough mana to heal the tank and your guild downs the boss will love you for it.

I think blizz is hoping that the 'raid utility' is going to be you. You'll be a better player then the fury warrior who pulls aggro and dies- thus removing his 5% crit buff. Etc, etc.

That said I think if you like the DK better and want to play that, then you should. But it really doesn't have more raid utility then a druid.
    mm its just that i feel like the nerf wasnt exactly necessary is all... nowadays since alot of spells are based off of X caster's mana pool, and how gear scaling is rediculous, it ends up being just a tiny bit of help. it also takes a while (20% of my mana pool which is like...not even 2k over 10 seconds) and that just seems kind of silly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoffles View Post
    somewhat of a QQ thread, but just expressing myself and looking for input on this... but anyways, i always thought of druids to be the most versatile and helpful or whatnot class along with shammies...but myself being a feral druids i feel kinda crappy in a raid as i bring little/no utility while i rolled this class to do just that.

LotP only applies the 5% buff (replaceable via rampage)
    Innervate...well being feral its like a 2k mana recovery now since its only 20%
    Rebirth...30 minute cooldown, one per encounter. ouch. gonna have to get some getting used to there.
    defense removal and thick hide...im not speccing into that as a kitty, and now i cant hop into bear form to offtank in an emergency..

tbh thats pretty much it other than GotW

tl;dr lots of nerfs for feral utility, am sad. need input/opinions...
    Druid has never been the best utility class or the best buff class(thanks to shapeshift mechanics hard-splitting the class) yet has been suffering severe hybrid tax for its opportunities to become something else(equally gimped mind you).

Thank all the holy and unholy gods, aspects, titans and powers -- it is gone now and gonna be even less so in cata. Because we will finally be an equally good class at a time. A bag of half-assed situational tricks does not really work in this game, has been proven over the years.

You must be a newcomer to druid class, i remember how it was like in vanilla or TBC even. Screw this dreaded "versatility", it is a -=CURSE=-, a PLAGUE, that ruins the entire class, clipping your ability and making yourself a clown that people only bring to raids because of some gimmicks and would secretly dream of getting rid of you and deeply regret if they have to "waste" gear on you.

Yes, feral cat utility in cata aint gonna be a lot more than so called "pures", thank god, i will be able to EXCEL at what i love to do the most - rip stuff to shreds with my claws. If you dont like it - fine, respec or reroll. That is gonna be the marvelous part about this politics - play whatever play STYLE you like and not the class that is supposed to top meters, or the one that has guaranteed spot in raids because of gimmicks etc etc.

compare feral utility to rogue utility and it makes me almost want to /thread myself.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Did you miss the memo? No one has unique utility buffs any more. You still have a bleed debuff, MotW, 5% melee crit, FFF, Infected Wounds and Rebirth. Is that really not enough?

No utility = no taxes! Woot!