Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Question DBW icc trinket?

so...I was in icc 25 the other night on my lock, and we had DBW drop off Saurfang...most of the melee already had it, but I was looking at it again and started to think....it no longer has armor pen as it's primary stat now....it is purely crit, and if it procs to give you your highest combat ability...what would the proc possibly be for a caster??? I have it on my hunter, and it procs all the time! Which made me start to wonder....the crit value alone is better than Muradin's Spyglass off gunship...is the proc going to be something beneficial to casters??? which could end up being a new trinket we'll want to get our hands on....any one have any thoughts to the idea???

Attacks usually refers to ranged and melee phsyical attacks, whereas spells are usually specified in the effect.

melee haste and spell haste are different afaik. The other procs are Strength, Agil etc

Deleted
    Wowhead
    Got to test this on my Warlock tonight after killing Saurfang, used it on all the trash up to Fester and Rotface. I got 3 procs, all of them the same Speed of the Vrykul +600 haste proc. I wanted to keep testing, but didn't want to push it, so I gave it back to the hunter who won it.

But I would say if a caster is in a run where no one needs it, talk them into giving it to you for testing. I would like to see if it procs any of the melee procs.
    Last edited by mmocb6c60eb57d; 2010-10-21 at 04:58 PM.

I tested it on the Arena Tournament Realm as a demonology lock gemming arp for giggles. You can only proc Vrykul haste and Iron Dwarf crit and it does not proc from spells. Not worth it.