Deleted

How Can I Increase Draw Distance?

I have googled for a /command that increases the draw distance beyond the default 'ultra' setting but so far everything I tried didn't increase it, is there a way to increase the draw distance beyond 'ultra'?

10+ Year Old Account
    /console farclip 350

where 350 is the default max draw distance

All those fun commands can be found here:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Console_variables

Keep in mind, setting these manually has the potential for very quickly overwhelming your computer, especially try to jack up farclip.

Deleted
    Tried /console farclip 350 but it does nothing I can see...went as far as /console farclip 999 with zero difference

Welcome to the limits of a 6 year old engine, that tbh, wasn't even that good when it was new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm it looks like ultra is the old farclip max of 1600, but i find it odd that you doing farclip 350 did not shorten the draw distance, it certainly does on mine.

So, unless they added new console commands with 4.0, looks like you can't.

Deleted
    Yes I too noticed 350 reduced draw distance so no way then? shame

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    Welcome to the limits of a 6 year old engine, that tbh, wasn't even that good when it was new.
    Welcome to the limits of an engine designed to perform adequately for an MMO with dozens of characters onscreen at the same time, rather than one designed for a solo game...

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    Welcome to the limits of an engine designed to perform adequately for an MMO with dozens of characters onscreen at the same time, rather than one designed for a solo game...
    Fail. Several MMOs have shown this doesn't have to be the case, you can get amazing results with low impact on systems. The fact that WoW takes a harder punch to my CPU than, say, GTAIV speaks wonders to how bloated it's become.

Fail. Several MMOs have shown this doesn't have to be the case, you can get amazing results with low impact on systems. The fact that WoW takes a harder punch to my CPU and GPU than, say, GTAIV speaks wonders to how bloated it's become.
    FFXIV says hi
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Fail. Several MMOs have shown this doesn't have to be the case, you can get amazing results with low impact on systems. The fact that WoW takes a harder punch to my CPU than, say, GTAIV speaks wonders to how bloated it's become.
    Which MMOs are you talking about? Name names! Otherwise, I'll assume you're full of it.
    (And I'll bet a lot of the people who can play Warcraft would be unable to play the games you're about to name... )

There's:

/console groundeffectdist
    /console horizonfarclip

As far as I'm aware of that you haven't mentioned yet.

Also:

/console cameradistancemaxfactor

Unfortunately I don't know their defaults.

Edit: QuoteKeep in mind, setting these manually has the potential for very quickly overwhelming your computer, especially try to jack up farclip. )
    So,so true - I had to spend 30 minutes looking for defaults just the other day after patch to get back to 70+ fps ;p
    Last edited by hmmlol; 2010-10-22 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    Which MMOs are you talking about? Name names! Otherwise, I'll assume you're full of it.
    (And I'll bet a lot of the people who can play Warcraft would be unable to play the games you're about to name... )
    GTAIV isn't an MMO?

</sarcasm>