Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

ICC HC kill order

Cheers guys,

So we've been progressing in ICC, after LK normal we got Marrowgar, then ROT and now Fester!

So which should a raid leader now push? Princes? Valithra? Deathbringer? Which do you guys think it would be easier?

Also if you have any pro tips on those you recommend, shoot them :P

EDIT: Yes its 25 man
    Last edited by mmocf9f29600a1; 2010-10-21 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    I recommend doing Blood Queen on heroic and Valithra and Deathbringer. Blood princes is actually quite hard for a heroic fight where as Blood queen heroic just requires more dps and to actually SPREAD out 8 yards this time otherwise you WILL wipe. Valithra is also not that bad either the only difference is that the adds do more damage and are harder to kill. Deathbringer is also ok but i recommend that you have at least 4 range dps because 3 blood beasts spawn and you need to keep one rooted,frozen while you nuke the others and they also gain a scent of blood which increases their speed by 80 percent while decreasing yours by 80 so dps them down fast. Also on Saurfang don't forget to heal the marks they do more damage. Hope this was helpful and good luck doing heroics

10 man HC Deathwhisper is easy. I'm assuming you have gunship.

If your raid is good at positioning Blood Princes is easy. You'll tear your eyes out if your raid isn't though.

Deathbringer if your dps is high.

Princes and Valithria were easier before 4.0, but now with higher overall DPS Deathbringer shouldn't be a problem. Then Blood Queen -> Putricide -> Sindragosa, being the hardest fight before heroic LK.

Deathwhisper is one of the harder fights on heroic 25 (much more difficult than on 10).

Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post
    Valithra is also not that bad either the only difference is that the adds do more damage and are harder to kill.
    Don't forget the fact that there are less orbs in the portals and that the debuff deals damage to you increasing with each stack. Valithria is kinda tough.

Here was our order for 25's:
    Marrowgar, Gunship, Fester, Rotface, Lana'thel, Valithria, Saurfang, Princes.
    After that, things get quite harder...
    Deathwhisper, Putricide
    And that's as far as we've gotten (we're a casual 25 raid guild)
    Next up is Sindragosa, and LK.

Deleted
    yes, sorry all I was talking about 25 man!

I've always heard about lootwalker, so we tried it some times, a few weeks ago... it didn't go well at all and we got to 60% healing... The healing was awefull...

i done everyone (except LK) on hc, so heres the deal:
    Gunship Battle > Lord Marrowgar > Rotface > Blood Queen > Festergut > Deathbringer (needs good DPS) > Deathwhisper > Valithra > Princes > Professor Putricide > Sindragosa > Lich King.
    there may be some who says "omg lies, X should be where Y was and Z should etc etc." but i will say that:
    "Easy" ones: Gunship Battle, Lord Marrowgar, Rotface, Blood Queen and Festergut.
    Step higher than Easy: Deathbringer, Deathwhisper, Valithra, Princes.
    Hard: Professor Putricide and Sindragosa
    Hardest: Lich King.

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 10:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nctank View Post
    yes, sorry all I was talking about 25 man!

I've always heard about lootwalker, so we tried it some times, a few weeks ago... it didn't go well at all and we got to 60% healing... The healing was awefull...
    healing is actually pretty hard, for me as DPS for life i found it weird, but most of the fight it didnt got longer than 60%, and then it was beginning to go higher. then i lost attention, and then when (if we win) i saw it on 98%. seems like there is some "bump" some place. but in one of my runs, with Heroism on, i still dont get why, it bumped from 60-70% to 100%. Heroism is god on Valit i think.

Deleted
    Thank you all for your support guys!!!!
    Last edited by mmocf9f29600a1; 2010-10-21 at 08:30 PM.

I've always found that BQL is stupidly easy considering she drops tokens, I'd prioritise her just for the big gear updates you can steal from her.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    i done everyone (except LK) on hc, so heres the deal:
    Gunship Battle > Lord Marrowgar > Rotface > Blood Queen > Festergut > Deathbringer (needs good DPS) > Deathwhisper > Valithra > Princes > Professor Putricide > Sindragosa > Lich King.
    there may be some who says "omg lies, X should be where Y was and Z should etc etc." but i will say that:
    "Easy" ones: Gunship Battle, Lord Marrowgar, Rotface, Blood Queen and Festergut.
    Step higher than Easy: Deathbringer, Deathwhisper, Valithra, Princes.
    Hard: Professor Putricide and Sindragosa
    Hardest: Lich King.

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 10:21 PM ----------

healing is actually pretty hard, for me as DPS for life i found it weird, but most of the fight it didnt got longer than 60%, and then it was beginning to go higher. then i lost attention, and then when (if we win) i saw it on 98%. seems like there is some "bump" some place. but in one of my runs, with Heroism on, i still dont get why, it bumped from 60-70% to 100%. Heroism is god on Valit i think.
    Ya it's great once you have a good number of stacks about 3 portals worth blow hero and win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    Don't forget the fact that there are less orbs in the portals and that the debuff deals damage to you increasing with each stack. Valithria is kinda tough.
    yeah sorry forgot about that also forgot to mention that the Archmages drain mana with frostbolt so it is best to interrupt them as much as possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    Princes and Valithria were easier before 4.0, but now with higher overall DPS Deathbringer shouldn't be a problem. Then Blood Queen -> Putricide -> Sindragosa, being the hardest fight before heroic LK.

Deathwhisper is one of the harder fights on heroic 25 (much more difficult than on 10).
    You do realize Blood Queen is probably one of the most easiest fights in H ICC right? I hope you're kidding. The only thing that changes is the DPS requirement is upped a little bit... JUST a little bit. The only challenging bosses in H ICC are H PP, H Sindy, H Deathwhisper, H LK. Thats it.

Edit: No I'm not being elitest. I actually think all bosses are easy. Yes I do have Light of Dawn, but I'm giving advice based on a casual standpoint.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2010-10-21 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    You do realize Blood Queen is probably one of the most easiest fights in H ICC right? I hope you're kidding. The only thing that changes is the DPS requirement is upped a little bit... JUST a little bit. The only challenging bosses in H ICC are H PP, H Sindy, H Deathwhisper, H LK. Thats it.

Edit: No I'm not being elitest. I actually think all bosses are easy. Yes I do have Light of Dawn, but I'm giving advice based on a casual standpoint.
    ^ That.

Gunship -> Marrowgar -> Rotface -> Blood Queen -> Festergut -> Valithria -> Princes -> Saurfang -> LDW -> PP -> Sindy -> LK.

LDW is only hard because people are so used to normal mode where they just stand there going "HAI MR GHOST".

Yes, go Blood Queen now... Princes aren't that hard either...

Deleted
    Ok we will go BQ and princes... Just 1 question, what do you guys use to tank princes HC? was using a DK, but does it still works so well now, since icy touch was nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    So do I

Quote Originally Posted by nctank View Post
    Ok we will go BQ and princes... Just 1 question, what do you guys use to tank princes HC? was using a DK, but does it still works so well now, since icy touch was nerfed?
    My guild uses a DK tank to do the shadow guy, or a druid tank sometimes.
    Have him say on vent if he doesn't feel his threat is high enough, and the DPS would hold back a bit. This is a good thing to practice before heroic Putricide where you will need to have DPS to stop sometimes before transitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    My guild uses a DK tank to do the shadow guy, or a druid tank sometimes.
    Have him say on vent if he doesn't feel his threat is high enough, and the DPS would hold back a bit. This is a good thing to practice before heroic Putricide where you will need to have DPS to stop sometimes before transitions.
    My guild's heroic progression has been Gunship > Marrowgar > Festergut & Rotface > LDW > Blood Queen > Blood Princes > Saurfang > Valithria > PP (just downed him today!).

Mercadi's tip about dps holding back is pretty spot on -- being able to stop dps is just as important as doing enough dps on a couple of the fights. LDW is pretty easy on heroic as long as your dps with CC is good at applying it.

Deleted
    Depends a bit on your raid setup, but for our guild we found this the order of difficulty in heroic 25man, mind you we progressed in most heroics with 10-15% buff, and killed sindra and lk heroic with 30% buff:

"Easiest"

Gunship
    Rotface
    Marrowgar
    Dreamwalker
    Festergut
    Blood Queen
    Saurfang
    Deathwhisper
    Blood council
    Sindragosa
    Putricide
    Lich King

Hardest

In 10man heroic the order is very different for us:

"Easiest"

Gunship
    Dreamwalker
    Festergut
    Rotface
    Deathwhisper
    Saurfang
    Marrowgar
    Blood Queen
    Putricide
    Blood council
    Sindragosa
    Lich King

Hardest

Our 10man order might be a bit off to other guilds, i think this is because we did most 10man heroics with 2 healers.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2010-10-23 at 12:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    For my raid, Princes were way harder than Saurfang or Deathwhisper. I think we actually wiped more on Princes than Putricide. (This was 10-man, though. 10-man princes are usually considered harder than 25 princes after accounting for gear)

I'd classify ICC heroic in tiers:

Tier 1: Loot Pinata
    Gunship
    Rotface
    Blood Queen

Tier 2: Fairly easy
    Dreamwalker
    Festergut
    Marrowgar

Tier 3: Somewhat difficult
    Saurfang
    Deathwhisper