Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is awesome. The only ones who would actually think this is a bad idea are the goldsellers or the retards that use more than one line for their LFMs. The only downside I can see is that u'll get that message alot when trade chat turns into a friendly chat in the middle of the night when there's like 5 people in the entire channel :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kraagin View Post
    I just put it under it's own chat tab and ignore it. =)
    That's how I had it but for some reason when 4.0 hit, if I was in trade at all I would lag extremely bad.
    War is peace Freedom is slavery Ignorance is strength

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont care much about it.

My ignore box was pretty extensive so i didnt realy see much spam pre 4.01.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account
    say important things in 5 words!

sounds like a wonderful thing but knowing me im sure there's something i could find wrong w/ it whether it be positive and/or negative.
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

finally stop the 6-6x6+6=? spam
    hahaha. no.

FUCK HORSES, and the trade limitation.
    U p H___~ Restoration // Enhancement since 07.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Max Del View Post
    say important things in 5 words!

sounds like a wonderful thing but knowing me im sure there's something i could find wrong w/ it whether it be positive and/or negative.
    2.[Trade Chat]Cup: how do i get 2 <place>
    2.[Trade Chat]You: first you go south to
    2.[Trade Chat]You: <place> and then go to
    You have exceeded the maximum amount you can enter. Please wait a short time before entering again.
    <wait>
    2.[Trade Chat]You: South. <Place>. West. <Place>. <North>. Place.

5 words... not so useful. People already type with broken English online as it is. My personal problem with the chat system is that I can type 100 wpm and the game doesn't recognize that so if I type too fast for the game to recognize I make typos and then when I try to correct them (being the grammar Nazi that I am), I can't. Quite annoying really.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate it. My server always had a fairly quiet trade channel anyway, and it's really annoying when you're talking to someone and it takes more than 2 lines. On patch day when there were tons of people asking questions and I was trying to answer them all to the best of my knowledge, that stupid filter kept screwing me over so I just stopped helping people.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

It's completely annoying and unnecessary. Before patch you could just ignore if someone is spamming, now I can't even look for a group and sell at the same time.

It should only be on for people who have been reported spamming multiple times, stupid move Blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    I hate it. My server always had a fairly quiet trade channel anyway, and it's really annoying when you're talking to someone and it takes more than 2 lines. On patch day when there were tons of people asking questions and I was trying to answer them all to the best of my knowledge, that stupid filter kept screwing me over so I just stopped helping people.
    What part of the game forces you to use the trade chat to answer the question of 1 or even 2 players?
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

IMO, it made trade chat loitering more fun. You have to think before you put something witty out there because you got 2 shots in 10 seconds and if you don't get it done you're burned up for 15 seconds.

Also it seems to have turned trade from a bunch of quick stupid 1 liners to a bunch of slow developing stupid 1 liners.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's great, less spam is always welcome.
    So why didnt you just whisper them instead.

It's superb as for goldsellers / scam I have badboy and badboy lvl 1 whisper block.
    Brilliant!

Deleted
    on my server it is a blessing. I have a spam tab for /2 but it is still a great and much needed change.
    I am not a spiteful person most of the time but reading some posts here about how people dislike it because it stops their spam really does turn your misery into my enjoyment. working as intended, guys

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Joined trade, noticed just as much spam in trade only with a larger variety of names, then left trade again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladilena View Post
    Like because it stops the goldsite spam.
    Dislike because it stops my spam.
    this

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    YES GO BLIZZARD!!
    FFFFFFFF you spammers!

I don't have trade chat open, for any reason, so it doesn't bother me. Although I do think it would be better for others to have a limit. Who knows, it may actually end up being used for trading.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruzar View Post
    2.[Trade Chat]Cup: how do i get 2 <place>
    2.[Trade Chat]You: first you go south to
    2.[Trade Chat]You: <place> and then go to
    You have exceeded the maximum amount you can enter. Please wait a short time before entering again.
    <wait>
    2.[Trade Chat]You: South. <Place>. West. <Place>. <North>. Place.

5 words... not so useful. People already type with broken English online as it is. My personal problem with the chat system is that I can type 100 wpm and the game doesn't recognize that so if I type too fast for the game to recognize I make typos and then when I try to correct them (being the grammar Nazi that I am), I can't. Quite annoying really.
    I think that was only three words. Also, you can just /whisper someone if you want a conversation and trade chat should be used for trading.
    Last edited by Jahoota; 2010-10-22 at 01:52 AM.

this ^^

How about instead of using everybody's public space for your private chat, you do some private chat in private.

I guess clicking on someone's name in chat is harder than pressing enter and typing into trade.

The limit hasn't affected me at all so far.