Flexible Raid Lockout Question

I can not find this anywhere and the Blue post did not make this clear (at least to me).

Here is a hypothetical: 25 man raid runs Tue/Thu and gets 11/12 ICC (with some heroics sprinkled in). Some members break off and kill LK in 10 man before it resets. 15 people are saved to 11/12 ICC and 10 are saved to 12/12 ICC. Can the 10 that are saved to 12/12 ICC be resaved to the 11/12 ICC the following week of the 15 others decide to carry it over that week?

It would seem to me that it would be possible as the raids are no longer saved to an ID#.

yes I think that would be possible.

I have a quick question to add to your topic:

Say you do clear 11/12 Heroic 25man, with one boss on normal(Not end wing boss) and the rest on heroic, can you turn that into a 10man do still do heroic LK10?

You can't go down from 25 heroic to 10 heroic, only down to 10m normal, so this would not be possible.

@Wunhunglo

Yes they can, since it's resetted and that 11/12 doesn't have an ID anymore, it would be most likely u can do that.

I don't have an answer for the OP, but the lock out system seems kinda bugged or obviously flawed. If I understand what hes asking correctly I believe its possible because they are using a weekly reset to "unsave" people and then invite unsaved people to a carry over lockout. What I suspect OP might be getting at is using an alt to store an 11/12 25man and somehow use it to spawn 10 man lich kings each week. You probably won't be able to do this for obvious reasons.

We went to continue our weekly ICC10 tonight but had 4 people not show up so we decided to try naxx 10 for fun/achievements/JP. The problem was that the weekly raid quest was for noth and a few of us had already downed him. I had assumed we could just have someone that downed his as RL and we would get an instance without noth and people that hadn't done the weekly wouldn't get saved to him so they could do it later.

What happened was that people who had done the weekly could not enter the instance. Noth wasn't up in the instance and no one had killed any other bosses. We set it to 25 man and got a fresh instance, so it appears the flexible lock out only works in ICC. I'm left wondering why the raid lockout tab shows lockouts on a per boss basis for everything when it only applies to ICC.
    Last edited by deneweth; 2010-10-22 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deneweth View Post
    I don't have an answer for the OP, but the lock out system seems kinda bugged or obviously flawed. If I understand what hes asking correctly I believe its possible because they are using a weekly reset to "unsave" people and then invite unsaved people to a carry over lockout. What I suspect OP might be getting at is using an alt to store an 11/12 25man and somehow use it to spawn 10 man lich kings each week. You probably won't be able to do this for obvious reasons.

We went to continue our weekly ICC10 tonight but had 4 people not show up so we decided to try naxx 10 for fun/achievements/JP. The problem was that the weekly raid quest was for noth and a few of us had already downed him. I had assumed we could just have someone that downed his as RL and we would get an instance without noth and people that hadn't done the weekly wouldn't get saved to him so they could do it later.

What happened was that people who had done the weekly could not enter the instance. Noth wasn't up in the instance and no one had killed any other bosses. We set it to 25 man and got a fresh instance, so it appears the flexible lock out only works in ICC. I'm left wondering why the raid lockout tab shows lockouts on a per boss basis for everything when it only applies to ICC.
    Naxx does not fall under the "Flexible Raid Lockout" feature so it would not have affected you. In order to carry over the naxx ID...you need to have the person who was saved form the raid and allow him to enter first in order to enter his raid instance.

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 03:01 PM ----------

/bump

Still wondering if anyone has done this and/or if anyone knows if this is actually possible.