Thread: Ferocity Pets

Ferocity Pets

Assuming all buffs are being met in a raid, is there any reason to use a non-ferocity pet. Ferocity pets bring Call of the Wild, do the others bring anything of the sort?

Cunning Pets have Roar of Recovery, which is highly "meh."

For MM or SV there's no real reason.

For BM, Owl's Focus/Wolverine Bite end up making it very near equal for Ferocity and Cunning.

I thought the whole point of the new pet system (other than being a buff filler) was so we could choose whichever pet we wanted based on aesthetics. It seems we are forced into a Ferocity pet if we want to do max dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I thought the whole point of the new pet system (other than being a buff filler) was so we could choose whichever pet we wanted based on aesthetics. It seems we are forced into a Ferocity pet if we want to do max dps.
    SOmeone says 'You can choose between Ferocity and Cunning' and then you go on complaining about only using Ferocity. Yeah read what people say first. Besides Tenacity, any other pet will do the job and be close on DPS so that extra 10 DPS or so won't matter unless you're a min/max kind of player. And if you are a min/max then basically you're down to anything in the ferocity tree.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    Base pet damage was supposedly normalized. The only real dps differences between the pet specs are meant to be in their talent trees, and non-ferocity pets are not penalized anymore just for being non-ferocity. Raiding is also not 100% of the game, so I don't think it's all that unreasonable to be "limited" to 33% of potential pets when aiming for max dps.

For BM hunters, it's quite possible to have a cunning pet pulling equal dps as ferocity pets due to new pet talents, and there are even a few situational tenacity pets that can pull off respectable dps. <3 my ghost worm. :3 AOE damage + stun = pure win when soloing dungeons/raids.

At least "a Ferocity pet" =/= "wolf" with the new system >.> Rather than complain about being restricted to a certain segment of available pets, keep in mind that for most of WotLK content we were restricted to 1-2 potential pets (and I always had to argue hard to justify the cases where I knew that using a wasp would be better than a wolf for overall raid dps during progression days.)

Deleted
    Use cat, have better dps now...i dont know if its a bug or an exception

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Use cat, have better dps now...i dont know if its a bug or an exception
    How have you tested that?

Turn off pets special buff and test it again, I can image they do the same dps then.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually of the pets I have and tested, raptors pull higher dps than cat does. An that's using the wolves old raid spec from 3.3.5

BTw I hate the fact that cats sound like wolves when using roar of courage... fix that crap Blizz!
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

Deleted
    Perhaps you do more dps with the raptor because you have done to accumulate the buff, which reduces the armor

however, no I have not tested personally I have only read about in "pet detail" that the dps of my pet is around 568 but that the cat is 682. I repeat I do not know whether it is a bug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Perhaps you do more dps with the raptor because you have done to accumulate the buff, which reduces the armor

however, no I have not tested personally I have only read about in "pet detail" that the dps of my pet is around 568 but that the cat is 682. I repeat I do not know whether it is a bug
    I just checked my pets. I compared my cat with my raptor and my hyena. They all 3 have the same dps numbers stated (666-715).

Maybe you had more buffs, when you checked your cat.

Deleted
    I'm now doing some tests without buff ....
    however, I noticed that my pet in raids can not be buffed by Might or similar

Deleted
    That is intended. Because the benefit from you stats/buffs by X%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post
    That is intended. Because the benefit from you stats/buffs by X%.
    here did not know that, thanks to information
    the hunter is an alt for now and do not know well all the changes

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 04:25 PM ----------

I tested the DPS is nearly equivalent, so maybe I had some buff or something like that
    (ONLY basic attack and without aspect of the hawk)
    Wolf - 1190 - 1210
    Cat - 1200 - 1220
    Raptor - 1200
    Spirit Beast - 1175 - 1180
    Devilsaur 1175 - 1178
    Core Hund - 1190

(every fight take around 5 - 7 min)
    Last edited by mmoc5ef7cfa017; 2010-10-22 at 04:26 PM.