Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Your hate quest..

Got inspired by another thread that asked what zone was your least favorite...

Came to think about Stonetalon, mailny because of a Quest there...

And i was wondering, does anyone else have a hate-quest? Kinda like a very easy one, that should not be any troubble, but somehow you ALWAYS screw up

I will copy my description of my hate-quest from that thread, for example

This quest is as a said in Stonetalon mountains. You need to go kill a spider queen, in a area FULL of tiny spiders... also, i think u need sum Eggs from there aswell...

1. Work my way into the spider queens area by killing a kazzillion tiny spiders that gives almost NO exp, and respawn so fast that i want to cry.
    2. Spending about 18 minutes killing smaller spiders because i apperently suck ass at finding just the right mob. ( All other q´s goes just fine, it´s just this one!)
    3. Attacking the queen, and after about a second a kazzillion tiny spiders jump at me, because they spawn about 10 of them per square cm.
    4. go "BLAAARGH" and crush my Mouse when i have tried that q for about 15 times and failed.
    (I am not a bad player, have 5 80s, killed arthas on 10 man HC and so on, been GM in a few realy good guilds, played for over 2 years... it´s just THIS damn quest )

So, what´s yours?

10+ Year Old Account
    Something Abominable in Icecrown, its praticually get a abomination run into a shit load of Scourge and its basically, death death death death followed by some death with a little taste of some and more death... and massive repair bills, i despise that quest when i see it i basically smash my head into the wall until i start bleeding fall to the ground and wait to bleed out and die.

Deleted
    In Zul'Drak there is the quest where you have to mount up a Storm Giant(vehicle) and kill scourge and three bosses. I always have trouble with that quest. Oh yea, and pretty much every single quest in Silithus that I had to do at Vanilla times.

15+ Year Old Account
    The quest in West. plaguelands where you burn down a scarlet banner. I ALWAYS FORGET TO TAKE THE "FLAME IN THE BOTTLE"!!! Why don't
    they give it to you?

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 09:50 AM ----------

Oh and that quest in Dragonblight where you mount a dragon vehicle and kill scourge in some excavation area.
    You have to do this to do the wrathgate quest.

Deleted
    Oh yea I remember that one too. I've completed it with 3 chars and always forgot to pick up the flame in the bottle -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I hate to say it, and I know I might get looked at weirdly for it, but..

I utterly despise the level 50 quest for every class.

Seriously. Sunken Temple is my least favorite instance (even though I've been in about a bajillion times).

It's gotta be the quests in the hives in silithus. Seriously.

The last Fly Quest at Netherwing Ledge in Shadowmoon valley.
    Ive done it myself(After a lot of tries) and I got huge respect for anyone that manage to beat it.

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=11071#criteria-of

EDIT: At least Pre 3.3.0 Patch
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2010-10-22 at 10:44 AM.

Deleted
    Any quest involving collecting items that would logically drop from every mob, but instead have a stupid drop rate.

Hey, I just killed about 50 murlocs and none of them had any heads for me to gather.

That's Abominable!

in Icecrown, I hate that shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    It's gotta be the quests in the hives in silithus. Seriously.
    Agreed.

I also hate instance quests.

Helcular's Rod ..hands down

Dropped by some yeti's in the cave in hillsbrad....remember my 1st char in wow doing that. Not sure how many i killed, but LW skill rose 50 lvls from what i gathered there. Oh and it took almost 3 hours for it to drop

Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    Helcular's Rod ..hands down

Dropped by some yeti's in the cave in hillsbrad....remember my 1st char in wow doing that. Not sure how many i killed, but LW skill rose 50 lvls from what i gathered there. Oh and it took almost 3 hours for it to drop
    Dude I love that Quest. walking into that Cozy Yeti cave and just kill a bit. I usually get it pretty fast though

Any quest that involves vehicles.

Every quest that has a quest item with a stupid cooldown on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummbles View Post
    The reason there are so few tanks isn't because tanking is hard, it's because everyone else is a fucking idiot. True story.

Most quests in caves. So locked in, always mobs everywhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate pointless quests that sends me tot eh end of the world, just to do 1 thing, then I go back, and then I gotta back again.
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

Deleted
    Oh btw, another type of quest I simply hate is the one requiring you to be in a certain area for a long time on a pvp realm. Sooner or later some mouthbreather will try to gank you. If he fails, he will whine in general that some guy who was minding his own bussiness had to defend himself from a "skilled and mature player who just wanted to quest".

And then you get facerolled by a max level guy or the guy comes back with support. And then you have to log your main in order to clear the area of filth. This leads to time wasted on both sides but the mouthbreather never considers that, it's just red = fucking dead, and I'm glad to return the "favor" until he logs out.

Rescuing Wintergarde villagers. 10?! Seriously! That shit takes forever :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Any quest that involves vehicles.
    I really, really hope they improve the vehicular controls and the way everything feels like it's a handicapped tank in Cataclysm.. :|