Thread: feral druids

feral druids

hi there im realifesucks from ravencrest server im playing the feral druid dps.
    i readed the updates about the feral druid dps but when do they realy come ??
    the shred update / rip / rake / mangle everything?? every time i log on i hope yehhh update but so far im always dissapointed

Deleted
    They are allready there

They were hot fixed a few days after 4.0 went live, Might be an issue with updated tooltips tho.

no i mean the shred would get buffed from 225% to 335% and swipe ect all would get buffed by a lot and it didnt happen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by realifesucks View Post
    no i mean the shred would get buffed from 225% to 335% and swipe ect all would get buffed by a lot and it didnt happen
    That was the hotfix i believe.

It happened the day after 4.0 it just never updated the tooltips as that would require another client side patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're so buffed right now (I'm doing 12-14k in ICC with hardly any effort) I'm expecting a nerf soon. If you're still waiting for a buff, we already got it and you're going to be waiting a long time for another.

Quote Originally Posted by realifesucks View Post
    hi there im realifesucks from ravencrest server im playing the feral druid dps.
    i readed the updates about the feral druid dps but when do they realy come ??
    the shred update / rip / rake / mangle everything?? every time i log on i hope yehhh update but so far im always dissapointed
    Have made the appropriate modifications to adapt to the Feral changes? According to World of Logs all but one of the top 30 Feral DPS recordings on Deathbringer Saurfang Heroic were in the last week or so.

Most gems switched to agility (agility/critical strike is viable for a yellow socket with a +6 agility socket bonus while agility/hit is viable for a blue socket with a +6 agility socket bonus)

Reforge critical strike to mastery until you are at or below the critical strike soft cap then reforge haste to mastery.

Feral priority is essentially the same with much more emphasis on maintaining Rake and Rip.
    Last edited by Purrfunctory; 2010-10-22 at 02:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was a buff in Beta testing, we wont be seeing that for a while.

Cataclysm Beta - Build 13202 (Codename Pumpkin)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

* Rip now scales from 18/37/55/74/92% of Attack Power depending on combo points, up from 8/16/24/32/40%.
    * Ferocious Bite now scales from 10.9/21.8/32.7/43.6/54.5% of Attack Power depending on combo points, up from 7/14/21/28/35%.
    * Rake now causes scales from 2% of Attack Power for bleed damage, up from 1%. Now scales from 42% of AP for additional bleed damage over 9 sec, up from 18% of AP.
    * Mangle additional damage has been increased from 726 to 1136.
    * Vengeance - Entering Cat Form will cancel this effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    We're so buffed right now (I'm doing 12-14k in ICC with hardly any effort) I'm expecting a nerf soon. If you're still waiting for a buff, we already got it and you're going to be waiting a long time for another.
    Thats what we did with the 5-10% buff..

Guildies (other classes) are easily pulling 20k dps

Deleted
    I was easily keeping up with other classes yesterday, often ending in the top 3. So don't expect any buffs as Alski said :P
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-10-22 at 08:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    I was easily keeping up with other classes yesterday, often ending in the top 3. So don't expect any buffs as Alski said :P
    i dont see how a consistent 6th + = the top 3 :P but maybe you count differently than me.

We might not be as high as casters, but we are still in a pretty good spot when it comes to damage. The only melee that manages to outdps me atm is a death knight. I really don't think we're going to see any more buffs before cataclysm. And after that I have no clue if they will stck witht he hotfixes they did on live or switch over to the balance on beta. I would guess that they do stick with the beta numbers in which case it will be very interesting to see how things play out on 85 =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    i dont see how a consistent 6th + = the top 3 :P but maybe you count differently than me.
    I was only looking at bosses without fancy mechanics, like algalon, rotface, festergut. Most other bosses I or the raid was messing about so those aren't really a good indication of dps.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-10-24 at 02:11 AM.

Uf on arthas. I average 12k-16k on bosses in icc... i feel like there is more "leeway" with the rotation since the patch and hotfixes. Before 4.0.1 i was doing 10k average.. so we definitely are quite buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatslife View Post
    Uf on arthas. I average 12k-16k on bosses in icc... i feel like there is more "leeway" with the rotation since the patch and hotfixes. Before 4.0.1 i was doing 10k average.. so we definitely are quite buff.
    we are quite buff you say? well thank you, my druid does work out!

I enjoy the cat buff to an extent, but blizzard has said many times that we should just wait until 85 and we'll be a lot happier with the way the numbers look then.

Ofcourse the class has been given a DPS boost. Every DPS spec has been buffed in 4.0.1. The only question is, how much were they buffed compared to other classes? And I think atm. especially boomkins and elemenal shamans have been buffed way more than e.g. feral druid of retribution paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Revved View Post
    Ofcourse the class has been given a DPS boost. Every DPS spec has been buffed in 4.0.1. The only question is, how much were they buffed compared to other classes? And I think atm. especially boomkins and elemenal shamans have been buffed way more than e.g. feral druid of retribution paladin.
    I think they are referring to an actual buff after 4.0.1

And I believe the way you're thinking is a little off, every class did not go up in DPS in fact almost everyone went down from what they were pulling in ICC with the 30% buff. Top guilds had people doing 22-25k DPS and now you're seeing them at around 20k on their best fight.

In other senses some classes were fixed such as Boomkins now being able to use 100% of their eclipse. In the perfect situation boomkins rotation hasn't changed(other than Starsurge), it's just they can now refresh dots, move, and cast support abilities without losing that vital talent.

I can tell you that my Marksman hunter does no where near the damage he could do prior to patch 4.0.1, but I understand why and that's why I'm waiting for level 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Justbearwithit View Post
    I think they are referring to an actual buff after 4.0.1

And I believe the way you're thinking is a little off, every class did not go up in DPS in fact almost everyone went down from what they were pulling in ICC with the 30% buff. Top guilds had people doing 22-25k DPS and now you're seeing them at around 20k on their best fight.

In other senses some classes were fixed such as Boomkins now being able to use 100% of their eclipse. In the perfect situation boomkins rotation hasn't changed(other than Starsurge), it's just they can now refresh dots, move, and cast support abilities without losing that vital talent.

I can tell you that my Marksman hunter does no where near the damage he could do prior to patch 4.0.1, but I understand why and that's why I'm waiting for level 85.
    Feral dps is significantly higher than it has ever been. Pre 4.0 I was doing maybe 18-19k on Saurfang, now I'm doing 22-23k.