Best offspec for leveling in Cata?

HI,

Perhaps this question has been posted before, however I couldn't find it using the search function.

My paladin is currently Holy specced and I plan to level him through cata dualboxing with a mage. My question is: what would be the best spec to level this paladin, ret or prot? I have loads of justice points and could miss enough to build a nice leveling gear set, however I need to decide now if ret or prot would be better (for t10 set choice, gems, enchants, etc).

Prot would perhaps be easier as I am also carrying a mage for dps and that would keep the mage safe; however going ret would probably mean a lot more dps meaning quicker mob kills.

Any suggestions?

I leveled as prot on the beta with mostly dmg gear on it was pretty easy 80-83 pull everthing you get and aoe down...
    84-85 you have mobs that hit you pretty hard so you get vengance and can nearly one-shoot mobs with 3 a holy power ShoR.
    but that was before they buffed ret so it could be faster to sololevel 80-83 as ret.
    but since you are leveling with a mage i would suggest prot

Your mage shouldn't bother you, even as ret you can just activate righteous fury and be fine with threat. But because ret lost quite a bit of survivability (SS, AoW Heal) it is probably wise to go prot and let the mage do the killing, while you stay alive and keep the mobs on you. Just in case of elites.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Your mage shouldn't bother you, even as ret you can just activate righteous fury and be fine with threat. But because ret lost quite a bit of survivability (SS, AoW Heal) it is probably wise to go prot and let the mage do the killing, while you stay alive and keep the mobs on you. Just in case of elites.
    I wasn't suggesting prot because of threat but because

1. you get less dmg and profit from getting hit because of vengance

2. you can heal yourself as good as prot as you could as ret

3. since they nerved DS i did more aoe dmg as prot especially when you get inquisition

ok thanks guys, decided to go prot in ret gear.