Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Elemental and Legendaries

Finding out that the new legendary is going to be a staff kinda upsets me as an ele shaman. Every other caster can get away with using a staff but for us our BiS has always been a 1h+shield. Are there any elemental shamans currently on beta that have looked at some of the gear and think that a staff may be viable? I realize that with a legendary a proc always comes with it and hopefully that proc is enough to make up for the lack of a shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is absolutely nothing wrong in using a staff for PvE. Nothing at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why Shamans think they are forced to use a shield just because they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive used a staff on my ele sham for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Drrax View Post
    Finding out that the new legendary is going to be a staff kinda upsets me as an ele shaman. Every other caster can get away with using a staff but for us our BiS has always been a 1h+shield. Are there any elemental shamans currently on beta that have looked at some of the gear and think that a staff may be viable? I realize that with a legendary a proc always comes with it and hopefully that proc is enough to make up for the lack of a shield.
    You do realize that was a joke right? They were giving that person a hard time because they were being a smartass like most of the people who asked questions. You can't take anything they said as 100% fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Sure shamans can use staffs but name a time that your BiS was in fact a staff over a 1h+shield.

Sure shamans can use staffs but name a time that your BiS was in fact a staff over a 1h+shield.
    When they made a Legendary staff..
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

many raid leaders/guild leaders have the opinion .. well mages can't use shields so you get a shield and 1h .. mages get the staff .. like it or not.

The 245 level. H Enlightenment was stronger for Elemental than any combination of MH/OH except for H Misery's End + H Bastion of Purity, and if either of them didn't drop for you, then you were stuck with a staff for BiS.

Legendary or not, no staff will touch my shaman.

---------- Post added 2010-10-23 at 03:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gistwiki View Post
    The 245 level. H Enlightenment was stronger for Elemental than any combination of MH/OH except for H Misery's End + H Bastion of Purity, and if either of them didn't drop for you, then you were stuck with a staff for BiS.
    Then, per definition, it wasn't BiS. Best in Slot means just that; Best.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post

Fine. We'll go back to T6. Zhar'doom was slightly stronger than Hammer of Atonement/Felstone Bulwark.

Edit: While you may try to turn this argument into how we've gone an entire expansion without having a staff as a best in slot piece, I'll remind you that there has been all of 2 staves from raid content this expansion with stats that we want. I'll also remind you that there haven't been very many best in slot staffs in general for any class this expansion. MH/OH has trumped staffs for everyone for nearly every raid tier and it's high time we had a legendary turn that around.
    Last edited by Gistwiki; 2010-10-23 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post

---------- Post added 2010-10-23 at 03:41 AM ----------

then you will never be the best

Ideally staffs are not BiS for anyone but I'm gonna assume since it is a legendary it might be pretty good and better than any one hander+shield combo out there. But hey if you do not want it I am sure no one in your guild will argue with you =D

I'd die a little inside if a Shaman got a dps caster legendary staff

The only other option to make it available to all casters is to make it a dagger, and while I'm not against that, Blizzard doesn't have a thing for making small legendaries. On top of that, a giant dagger is dangerously close to an oxymoron.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I don't see why Shamans think they are forced to use a shield just because they can.
    For that plain and simple reason - shields can be enchanted - theyre better than an offhand with the exact same stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    many raid leaders/guild leaders have the opinion .. well mages can't use shields so you get a shield and 1h .. mages get the staff .. like it or not.
    This argument applies only to situations of non-bis for 99.99% of the guilds out there.

Yes council type guilds tend to give armor priorities a nod but where BiS is concerned more often than not its just bases on who is more deserving or a /roll.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

I really could care less what is as long as it truly is a caster legendary meaning that it is going to be good for all casters and the guilds will then have to choose their top dps casters to give it to. Hopefully with a lot of the hybrids buffs being tossed around to that of pures the dps positions will be a lot closer to one another meaning that this legendary is fair game to the best caster of a guild, not by class but by skill.

But who knows what will happen I guess we will just have to see(might not even be a staff)

Well I doubt a shield would be better than a legendary, why would bliz set it up liek that

if you seriously thought a shaman would get a legendary over some other class you need to wake the fuck up
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!