Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    if i could guess, they'll get to her expansion after the emerald dream expansion. I don't care if the emerald dream was taken care of in a book, they'll make it happen because it's THERE and just begging to be a giant continent of new material.

after that I suspect azshara. Mainly because I think they'll try to not have 2 expansions centered around the same area next to each other.
    i think its going to be a raid

its more suited for that. its just the rift and im sure thats the only way for non druids to get in. also...... it wouldnt make sense for us to walk into a new continent from the final zone

might possibly kill her in one of the next patches, cuz of abyssal maw area

The main villain of a whole expansion? I don't want a whole expansion underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    The main villain of a whole expansion? I don't want a whole expansion underwater.
    I'm almost expecting her to raise Zin'Azhari to the surface myself.

That said, i don't really understand why everyone's going on about Azhara being so powerful. It was never stated that she was as powerful as Archaemond, only that she THOUGHT she was. And considering she was one of the most self centered beings ever, i personally dont think this is a reliable source. She was the most potent of the Night Elven mages, sure, and shes become stronger since, but stronger than Deathwing? I hardly think so. If she was, the world would have been F***'d over along time ago. Shes a pawn for something greater, and i'd expect her to be something more akin to Illidan in Burning Crusade, with her Old God master being the bonus, unexpected boss afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachdonin View Post
    I'm almost expecting her to raise Zin'Azhari to the surface myself.

That said, i don't really understand why everyone's going on about Azhara being so powerful. It was never stated that she was as powerful as Archaemond, only that she THOUGHT she was. And considering she was one of the most self centered beings ever, i personally dont think this is a reliable source. She was the most potent of the Night Elven mages, sure, and shes become stronger since, but stronger than Deathwing? I hardly think so. If she was, the world would have been F***'d over along time ago. Shes a pawn for something greater, and i'd expect her to be something more akin to Illidan in Burning Crusade, with her Old God master being the bonus, unexpected boss afterwards.
    Actually our information concerning her power comes from Mannoroth, who grew tired of her vanity and pride and was planning to kill her. Before he made his attempt though, he somehow was able to sense Azshara's power and realized that he was no match and the only other people with more power than her were Sargeras, Kil'jaeden, and Archimonde. Anywho, she was for sure the most powerful mortal when she was a Night Elf and now that she's been Old God-ified, I'm willing to bet that she's grown in power exponentially.
    Last edited by Tezmata; 2010-10-23 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Changed some names

At least her clothes make an appearance, lol
    wowhead.com/item=64643

10+ Year Old Account
    A vote for her getting to be a major end game boss! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Tezmata View Post
    Actually our information concerning her power comes from Mannoroth, who grew tired of her vanity and pride and was planning to kill her. Before he made his attempt though, he somehow was able to sense Azshara's power and realized that he was no match and the only other people with more power than her were Sargeras, Kil'jaeden, and Archimonde. Anywho, she was for sure the most powerful mortal when she was a Night Elf and now that she's been Old God-ified, I'm willing to bet that she's grown in power exponentially.

Honestly, with this I don't see how she could not be, say, a lvl 100ish end game boss!
    I just hope she doesn't go insane or something silly/overused like that D:
    Last edited by Takanami; 2010-10-23 at 06:20 AM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffa55 View Post
    At least her clothes make an appearance, lol
    wowhead.com/item=64643
    i wish i could see a pic of what it looks like lol. poor fashion sense? prob looks funny

Quote Originally Posted by Takanami View Post
    A vote for her getting to be a major end game boss! :3
    Honestly, with this I don't see how she could not be, say, a lvl 100ish end game boss!
    I just hope she doesn't go insane or something silly/overused like that D:
    No, just a big nasty ego. Think Paris Hilton time 100.

She just think she is better than everyone and everyone should just serve her. Azshara wanted to have Sargeras as her mate, Highborne/Titan children sound evil enough.

She gain power boost from couple sources:
    Herself (Listed as the most powerful moral mage before WotA)
    Sargeras (granted couple powers to her)
    Old God (granted couple powers to her)

Mannoroth was listed as one of the top 5 powerful demons, and he does not know where would Azshara would be place in. Somewhere between top three.

Right now, we know that she is very piss off if deathwing try to take her on, he will find himself blast out of the sky.
    Last edited by Auroro; 2010-10-23 at 06:35 AM.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/user/apaladin.../4/jYmxykuLUwE

there you go

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i wish i could see a pic of what it looks like lol. poor fashion sense? prob looks funny
    Afaik its yellow and white, the usual Elf dress model

I won't argue against the rest of the post, because its literally been years since i read the War of the Ancients trilogy. However...

Anywho, she was for sure the most powerful mortal when she was a Night Elf and now that she's been Old God-ified, I'm willing to bet that she's grown in power exponentially.
    She was among the most powerful mortals (We can't forget Mal, who surprised the Aspects with his power) at a time when the Well of Eternity allowed arcane casters almost unlimited power. I seem to rember Rhonin noting how he could do things he could never have dreamed of before. Especially considering how Elves are affected when their power source is cut off, i'd argue that Azhara vastly diminished in power following the destruction of the Well. She's probably recovered a good deal since then, but with the Old Gods investing so much in Deathwing, i doubt they've fed her too much power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagula View Post
    Honestly Azshara is kinda boring to be the main villain of an expansion....
    No.

I say she'll get her time in the spotlight, in a possible next expansion. How they're gonna squeeze her in, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachdonin View Post
    She was among the most powerful mortals (We can't forget Mal, who surprised the Aspects with his power) at a time when the Well of Eternity allowed arcane casters almost unlimited power. I seem to rember Rhonin noting how he could do things he could never have dreamed of before. Especially considering how Elves are affected when their power source is cut off, i'd argue that Azhara vastly diminished in power following the destruction of the Well. She's probably recovered a good deal since then, but with the Old Gods investing so much in Deathwing, i doubt they've fed her too much power.
    The thing is the well was not destroy as most of us would think. Maelstrom is just a huge Arcane Storm. The source of Power boost is still there just deeper into the rift.

Azshara is just working on improving her power to take on Stormrage.

The idea she'd be a villain in this expansion is from before the expansion got cut in two, we only have 81-85 in this one as what they had planned was just to much. Azshara I am fairly confident in is the main boss for 86-90.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

I wouldn't mind having her as a main villain of an expansion, I just hate what comes with her: Naga and underwater style environments.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    do not now worry, after Northrend, we are getting new areas and old ones are getting remodeled. There will not be an under water expansion, nor will there be an emerald dream Expansion.

My take on the next expansion is the great sea, but mostly islands and some underwater, with Outland getting redone with new lore and all that stuff.

---------- Post added 2010-10-23 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    The idea she'd be a villain in this expansion is from before the expansion got cut in two, we only have 81-85 in this one as what they had planned was just to much. Azshara I am fairly confident in is the main boss for 86-90.
    I gotta disagree. How can she top Deathwing? I mean isn't there a low lvl quest with Malfurion pwning her? If anything she will be a side boss if she lives to the next expansion.

Deleted
    great another lady vashj

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara would make a fine end-expansion boss.

I just. Hate. Hate. Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by clam View Post
    great another lady vashj
    Great, another person sadly disappointed cause they know nothing about the game they play

Quote Originally Posted by kampfer View Post
    I gotta disagree. How can she top Deathwing? I mean isn't there a low lvl quest with Malfurion pwning her? If anything she will be a side boss if she lives to the next expansion.
    I don't know exactly on this quest, but I had the idea it was only an image of Azshara. Anyway as others have said before, she's been the most powerful night elf mage, now what her current powers are is unknown, but she does have vast forces and is regardless of power, a lot more sly then Deathwing, Arthas and Illidan combined. She is a master manipulator, which makes her capable of topping Deathwing.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.