Poll: Would you like Deathwing to visit the zones for all of Cata?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would you like Deathwing to fly over zones the entire expansion?

Now as we saw in the Paragon Live raid at Blizzcon Deathwing destroyed them instantly and set all of Orgrimmar and half of Durotar on fire.

Apparently due to reports Deathwing is flying over other zones (I think he can appear in any, its random) and he does a Blanket of flame that kills everyone.

Would you like Deathwing to do this the entire expansion? It will probably be a World event and only last a few days, but what if he did that anytime at random?

Lets say it is changed to this; The sky turns a dark red before Deathwing spawns, you have roughly 30 seconds before he drenches any open areas in flame, during that time it is pretty much a "Drop what i'm doing right now or I die"

The WoW community will cry about anything and it probably won't happen. But would you like it if this could happen anytime, but rarely? Wouldn't it be exciting?

10+ Year Old Account
    id love it

I think it would be cool, but only if its occasional. It would piss people off.

I think it would be a neat little addition. You are out questing or whatever and then all of a sudden....DEATHWING lol You would have to make sure it didnt happen too often though. It would get annoying

That would be a great idea if he did it in moderation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably farming Leather to fund my mount habit
    It would be amazing if that happened in the middle of a Tol Barad Battle.
    Proud member of the "Who cares about no beta, Cataclysm's out now" club.

Oh dear god yes.
    /signed.
    Edit: only before the expansion launches though.

Even Stand By Me gets old after the upteenth time. And Paranormal Activity is only good the first time through due to its mystery and uncertain buildup.

Deathwing blowing up a zone every now and then is a great idea, and I'm glad they're doing it. Do it too much though and it will not only lack excitement, but become more irritating than a fun twist.
    Once a day in a random zone at the most would be reasonable in my humble and flawless opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Murtdragon View Post
    It would be amazing if that happened in the middle of a Tol Barad Battle.
    I can see it now.

Cho'gal server, 2011.

Alliance: We are finally going to win our first match ever against the Horde!

Deathwing: Hey guys

*Deathwing destroys the alliance side*

Dammit.

Much better than him just showing up, saying "what's up" and letting you live. Multiple times.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

I would love it, but, IMO temper it after the initial event. Have him only target TOWNS in random zones, give a warning and allow players to escape by moving indoors?

I don't think it would remain fun if we all just got killed by deathwing all xpac long.

Perhaps a compromise-- have him seen flying OVER zones, but cease attacks after the event? So that he's visible to players. Maybe torch some woodlands, roofs, w/e.

Would be very cool.

It would be cool, it would be in character, but it would be an amphedimine parot. We've been told that his appearances are going to be few, mainly because, unlike Arthas who liked fear, Deathwing will just kill you. Dead. Having him fly around the world one shotting people would cause alot of complaints, and then theres the whole problem of NPC's. Would he kill everyone in a town? Would he fly over ZG and kill all the trolls? What about Capital Cities? Theres too many things that could go wrong with the idea.

Deleted
    very nice and would add dynamics to the game.. also a small additon might be to that NPC run for cover?
    but yes would love it.

There IS an achievement "Be killed by Deathwing" so it MIGHT stay!

Deathwing = Anti-Goldfarmer. Take that Asia!

Blizz could send him in as a way of dealing with trade chat. Just bomb the whole channel.

I am The Argent Dawn - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Grem View Post
    Blizz could send him in as a way of dealing with trade chat. Just bomb the whole channel.
    WTB "Send Deathwing" button for GMs.

I bet it's a big red button next to the red phone in Blizzard HQ, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL yeah I would love that. I didn't even think of the havoc it could play with botters and gold farmers at first... but that just makes it even more awesome.

Make it so you can do a right click instead of Report Spam 'Send Deathwing'

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would add more to the game seeing the end boss of the expansion and proving just how weak we are compared to him. It further proves that he doesn't care for the mortal races either and strengthens his role throughout cataclysm.