Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's odd that your tanks are taking more dmg. It feels like ours are taking less, but it may be the difference between 25/10s and having more healers. I'll go over our parses from this week when we go and see if we have a difference too.

LK you'll probably have a bit of trouble still since it's just a long fight. Before we could easily sit and wait for fsr regen to to kick in. I could get to 100% mana between phases, but now it's a lot different.

You're gear is about the same as mine, besides the few bis pieces you're missing as you said. From armory(unbuffed blahblah) as for major stats I only have 300 more sp, unnoticeable less haste and more crit, and 200 more in combat mp5 but not any huge difference besides that. Your spi is a bit lower but still not a huge difference.

You even have furor. With your stats you should easily be able to heal the way you do without any big problem, esp on fights like princes. 3 healing is shitty but if your disc isn't able to keep up or your raids standing in things you may have to go to 3 heals with no fault of your own =/

Check other WoL parses with restos for 10s and see if the dmg taken by everyone in general is drastically different or if your disc is a lot lower than others. Because it really doesn't seem like it's a problem on your end, just you having to heal more then you should in general.

Like Myrrar said, your gear should be more then fine to 2 heal all 10m HMs. I have much less gear then you, 9k less mana, 300 less SP, less crit(not a huge fan), but about 80 more spirit then you, althouh not a lot.What is your mastery like? As for your spec, seems normal and since armory is still retarded with they gylphs Im gonna assume you have the standard healing glyphs. I havent healed 10man HM yet, i plan on it this week with a holy priest (hopefully gonna be able to 2heal it). Another thing you should consider is the 4p t10 bonus. Yea 2% is small, but it will help (at least i think so). And your disc priest should try Holy, you'll see more output from that. the reason your seeing low output is because its all absorbs for them. I no my gear is no where comparable but, Arzô (alt 147), of nerzhul is me, ill log out in resto gear/spec, and it seems to work for me atm. i no voa25 isnt much, but i always top the meters there, usually by a lot.

I never cared for the 4P T10, plus I have 277 pieces and do not have the 277 pieces to go 4pc. I do have 277 belt and chest, but they are cloth, so QQ. For shits and giggles I tagged along in ToGC just to get a feel for different damage profiles to try to get something of a log to look at. I'll be sure to log HM LK Thurs. For shits and giggles, here's ToGC Valks and Anub. Yes, I was basically solo healing, fail priest. Disc, but didn't use bubbles until I told him he should probably bubble.

reports/g0qfr1oqo9b1vdyd/

See how very different my rotation is on the fights with a lot of tank damage? RG dominates it. The forum won't let me post the link, but throw that on the end of the world of logs.com.

Oh, and if you notice, the only reason the priests numbers came up on the kill was the dumb ass was trying to keep the raid alive in P3, PoH spamming, look at who he healed, he wasn't even bothering with tanks.

you cant really compare togc to icc 10hm, bc you dont get a buff in togc. plus with 277 gear, that place is a joke. granted you have 277 pieces, changing them out for 264 t10 might be a semi decent idea, just something (if ur bored) you might wanna experiment with. I just added the cloth JP belt to my arsenal for the spirit/haste, which is better then the leather one for those stats. Again, ill let you know how my raid goes on friday with HMs, I'm gonna try to convince my priest healer (holy) to 2 heal a lot of bosses. Hope shes in a good mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme View Post
    I just added the cloth JP belt to my arsenal for the spirit/haste, which is better then the leather one for those stats. Again, ill let you know how my raid goes on friday with HMs, I'm gonna try to convince my priest healer (holy) to 2 heal a lot of bosses. Hope shes in a good mood.
    How with the bonus to wearing all leather items is this better? Was curious if breaking the all leather set would be worth it.
    Last edited by jearle; 2010-10-28 at 03:32 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    How with the bonus to wearing all leather items is this better? Was curious if breaking the all leather set would be worth it.
    From what I've seen theorycrafters talk about, hitting haste cap with the old BiS bp/belt if you can't get the 277 Put one is better than the bonus. I haven't tried it personally, I just kept using the old bis one since I didn't need any extra stats then I already had, but for min/maxing it will depend on if you can keep haste cap with all leather pieces.

With reforging, it's probably worth it. I'm going to raid this week in my 277 boomy tier chest piece stated for resto and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Honestly, i didnt even look at that. But, from what Myrrar said above, hitting haste cap (or close too) was more important. I can deal with 40k mana vs 42k (with bonus) especially since mana doesnt seem to be lacking for druids atm. Maybe, just maybe, if i can get HM Septic Shock bracers off Fester, ill consider changing belt back, but until now, haste cap > mana for me.

you are also losing 5% of your spellpower by dropping your leather armor bonus, so keep that in mind. it isn't just raw mana pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli View Post
    you are also losing 5% of your spellpower by dropping your leather armor bonus, so keep that in mind. it isn't just raw mana pool.
    that 5% spell power, from loosing 1000 mana comes out to like 80-100 spell power, which isnt much. but, like i stated before, I never looked at it, nor had it to begin with, so I didnt see myself loosing out. Haste cap > 100 spell power seems worth it. I've ran with a cloth wrist for long time, so im used to it.

Well, all my QQ'n paid off. I haz Bane now. If anyone actually cares for some lessons learned about 2 heals with resto druid on 10M HM LK, let me know.

reports/wffhf8eixyh0i0nn/

Some good info in there...

Quote Originally Posted by x86brandon View Post
    Well, all my QQ'n paid off. I haz Bane now. If anyone actually cares for some lessons learned about 2 heals with resto druid on 10M HM LK, let me know.

reports/wffhf8eixyh0i0nn/

Some good info in there...
    I would love to know, also, what worked out best for you, gear wise, and spell wise...PM me or w/e, gonna be trying to 2heal 10m HM tonight

---------- Post added 2010-10-30 at 04:54 AM ----------

ok, well i just heald HM saurfang (10), we 3 healed it because ppl QQin, but. I had 4500 HPS (i dont look at hps honestly), other healer with 4300 and 3400. My top 3 heals are RJ, RG, and WG, in that order. I didnt manage to go under 80% mana. Now i know its 3 heald but, should that be right?

Deleted
    ok, well i just heald HM saurfang (10), we 3 healed it because ppl QQin, but. I had 4500 HPS (i dont look at hps honestly), other healer with 4300 and 3400. My top 3 heals are RJ, RG, and WG, in that order. I didnt manage to go under 80% mana. Now i know its 3 heald but, should that be right?
    I don't quite understand what you're saying by this, but Saurfang 10M Hardmode is 2 healable with coordinated healers. So, if anything, your 3heal kill of Saurfang is a step in the right direction but you should be able to push it even further and 2 heal it.

Hi there, I just noticed a change in the shoulder enchants which might make Greater Inscription of the Crag (21 INT, 16 SPI) better than Greater Inscription of the Storm (24 SP, 15 CRIT). Crag recently had its sp converted to int, therefore adding mana and crit to it, overall you will get less crit, but the addition of mana and a small amount of mana regen might be superior.

Can't post links cause i'm new =(

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I don't quite understand what you're saying by this, but Saurfang 10M Hardmode is 2 healable with coordinated healers. So, if anything, your 3heal kill of Saurfang is a step in the right direction but you should be able to push it even further and 2 heal it.
    Im basically asking, what should my hps be (around), inorder for 2heal. I no its not something many ppl look for/at, but I was just curious. And yes, I know its 2 healable, especially with me (druid) and priest (pref disc?). I do think highly of myself and other healer in the sense that, I know we can 2 heal that, plus Marrow (which we 3 heal just incase), and mainly because the 3rd healer, our shammy, had like 2k hps, and not much healing (i think he was lazy/qqin about it). Either way, im hoping next week, we will 2 heal it, especially since I know we can down it given the right dps group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im basically asking, what should my hps be (around), inorder for 2heal. I no its not something many ppl look for/at, but I was just curious. And yes, I know its 2 healable, especially with me (druid) and priest (pref disc?). I do think highly of myself and other healer in the sense that, I know we can 2 heal that, plus Marrow (which we 3 heal just incase), and mainly because the 3rd healer, our shammy, had like 2k hps, and not much healing (i think he was lazy/qqin about it). Either way, im hoping next week, we will 2 heal it, especially since I know we can down it given the right dps group.
    Depends on your gear. 3 healing any fight in 10hm now, even in just 264 gear is extreme overkill. I went on my horde alt resto shaman last week and cleared it all but LK(and didn't get any attempts on him =/ ) in a night, all of us in 264/251 gear and me being the only one that has done them. You need to tell your guild to trust you because really, the way dps is now, it's actually easier having an extra dps than healer just because the boss dies faster(gets through enrage faster, blah blah).

As for your hps, I doubt anyone heals with 3 people since the patch, so an accurate number won't really happen. Did you wipe? Were you oom? Did you stress out because it was insane to heal? If not then hps doesn't matter. Saur is a 100% circumstance fight so hps will drastically change weekly based on how many marks you get, if your dps chain BB, if your tanks don't switch quick enough blah blah. So that may be perfect for your attempt or terrible, but you killed it so, all that matters.

LB should probably be above WG though by a lot. Keep it on whichever tank is tanking at all times. RG will be high because of marks, and rj will be high because it's still our auto go spell to anyone taking any dmg at all.

That is true, 2 healing with extra dps will go faster, so less healing to be done (i would imagine). I am going to push 2 heals next week (being as im RL).

For LB though, its best to let it bloom, then reapply 3 stacks correct? And is stacking 3 fast better then doing 1, letting it get to 2 sec, then 2nd stack, then so on, then letting it bloom?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stacking fast is better now. We used to slow stack because it wasn't exactly a good spell and just hoped for clearcasting. Now, we have so much mana and it heals for so much theres no point slow stacking.

As for blooming, it depends. If you think you can get those 3gcds out before you need to heal someone else the bloom is worth it if it's not going to overheal. But I noticed 10hm dmg is still really spiky, so may be worth just keeping it up.

Probably too hard to try and time it up to not overheal now.

Quote Originally Posted by Animorph View Post
    Hi there, I just noticed a change in the shoulder enchants which might make Greater Inscription of the Crag (21 INT, 16 SPI) better than Greater Inscription of the Storm (24 SP, 15 CRIT). Crag recently had its sp converted to int, therefore adding mana and crit to it, overall you will get less crit, but the addition of mana and a small amount of mana regen might be superior.

Can't post links cause i'm new =(
    You are right and I took that into account when making the BiS enchant list. I'll consider adding in the alternative options, but I feel 'Storm' is a throughput enchant while 'Crag' is a regen enchant, and I place much more value on throughput than on regen.

On an unrelated note:
    About the lack of updates to the guide (and it still missing a few sections), I apologize. I've been busy lately (and admittedly a little lazy) and have left a few sections incomplete. I'll get to those as soon as I can. Sorry for the delay.

Deleted
    Honestly, you should ignore the numberstat "HPS" completely - it doesn't prove anything. Let the dick-measuring competition be for the DPS classes.

The only thing you should think of when you heal is your ability to react, forsee incoming damage and if your mana/regen is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    With reforging, it's probably worth it. I'm going to raid this week in my 277 boomy tier chest piece stated for resto and see what happens.
    I also switched to my boomkin chest for my chest slot, am thinking I'll convert that to 277 next since my feral set finished.

---------- Post added 2010-11-01 at 10:52 AM ----------

Don't ever intentionally let lifebloom bloom anymore. It was only used to bloom for efficiency of mana return, not the heal. It's base line ticking every second. HUGE.