Thread: Holy difficulty

Holy difficulty

I'm sure this has been stated a thousand times pre-4.0.1, and probably after but anyways:
    I just got a pally up from 70-77 over the past week as ret, and coming from a rogue i have no idea why people were qqing about ret when 4.0.1 launched, but i didn't know what it was like before...
    moving on, I offspecced holy and while it was my first healing ive ever done and while it was only AV and zuldrak so incredibly easy, the class was so simple!
    Is it always like this? Ret felt fairly simple but that there were smaller skills, cd times, etc. that you had to tie into your rotations (at least in pvp) that separated you from a player of the same spec that was putting less effort into it, but on holy pally I seriously saw no room for improvement or separation in skill, it was such a puny rotation...
    How is it at 80? how is it compared to 3.3? I don't have any idea what its like at 80 but right now oh my...
    And tbh not one to mind how easy my class is in pve but it was just as simple in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing as holy while doing random heroics is very easy, as long as you don't have a group full of r*tards. Healing as holy while raiding is harder. There not rly any easier now than they were pre 4.0. Before u flashed everything, now u shock everything! But trust, raiding as holy is very diff!

Edit: Any holy pvp is very simple atm, since everything u do heals u anyway. Judgement = healing you, Healing someone else = healing you + having beacon on yourself = uber! However, having a few casters on your with brains larger than peanuts is usually a pretty quick dead, can kill u in one random counterspell sometimes
    Last edited by Paq; 2010-10-23 at 07:49 PM.

Deleted
    Holy healing is not particularly challenging when you have just occasional damage coming in, because you can get by just with Holy Shock and Word of Glory. It's usually harder in raids or in small-scale PVP when every heal/cleanse counts.

But you may just be a natural talent at Holy, or not like the playstyle very much, that's also possible.