Poll: Should Swiftmend also refresh Lifebloom?

Thread: Lifebloom 4.01

10+ Year Old Account

Lifebloom 4.01

Does anyone else find that they have to constantly keep an eye on lifebloom post 4.01? I mean, for the revitalize buff it provides it always seems like its one of the main focuses in my healing rotation to keep it from blooming. To fix this, I would love if they made swiftmend refresh LB as nourish does now, any views on this?

If all you need is the Revitalize/Replenishment buff, you can slow-stack Lifebloom. That means it's ok to let it bloom. Just be sure to re-cast it soon after the bloom (bringing it to 1 stack) and then wait until it's about to expire before refreshing it (bringing it to 2).

10+ Year Old Account
    Having one stack of Lifebloom that lasts for 10 seconds is not that hard. I remember in TBC rolling lifebloomstacks on three tanks and managing to get some other heals in between and the lifebloom only lasted for what was it, 6 seconds?

I take PM requests for signatures, just give me enough information
    ~ Artwork ~ Status: Limited ~ Que: 0 ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mipeo View Post
    Having one stack of Lifebloom that lasts for 10 seconds is not that hard. I remember in TBC rolling lifebloomstacks on three tanks and managing to get some other heals in between and the lifebloom only lasted for what was it, 6 seconds?
    I agree with this completely. It's really not too bad keeping up a stack or 3 of lb when it just consumes a single global cooldown (or nourish cast, which ends up being around 1.75-2.5 seconds depending on spec and gear). Did a ten ICC last night for the first time since 4.0.1 and found healing to be more engaging, but not too much more difficult for now.

Just keep working with it and I'm sure you'll find the new healing style coming to you more naturally.
    Then, I thought, the screen grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censor swung by Norton whose deletions hit upon the C drive door. "Wretch," I cried, "thy geek hath lent thee -by these websites he has sent thee respite - respite and nepenthe from thy memories of game gore! Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe, and forget this lost game gore!" Quoth the server, "404."

Full time rolling lifebloom on a tank again is a godsend. Lifebloom ticks every second +haste, everyone should modify rotation to keep a stack going on tank(since it's super cheap again now).

Its also worthy of noting that with lifebloom and nourish being so close in mana cost there is a lot of value in using nourish to renew it when the tank needs a bit extra healing and time permits. This gets lb renewed and the tank gets some extra healing (healing that's has synergy with lifebloom both innately and through mastery). Not always the best way, but viable sometimes.
    Then, I thought, the screen grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censor swung by Norton whose deletions hit upon the C drive door. "Wretch," I cried, "thy geek hath lent thee -by these websites he has sent thee respite - respite and nepenthe from thy memories of game gore! Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe, and forget this lost game gore!" Quoth the server, "404."

10+ Year Old Account
    nice avatar

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg this so much. Fights with 3 tanks you pretty much didn't do anything else. People will probably start using lifebloomer again <3

Deleted
    it's only one stack anyways? and Nourish already refreshes it, pre-4.0 I kept several stacks running without trouble, I'm sure that one stack isn't that much of a trouble to keep up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith View Post
    nice avatar
    oh sweet jesus now i have to change it >:|

It would be a nice idea, so i voted yes. But to be fair, we already have 2 decent heals that already refresh it...

Swiftmend refreshing LB is a silly idea. It adds too much to an already overpowered ability, and it puts more constraints on how we're supposed to use Swiftmend. The fact that Nourish refreshes LB is something we should be grateful for (although, Nourish happens to be relatively useless at level 80, it still has that effect, which will definitely be useful at level 85).

How is it you can get an unexpected gift from someone and then come back to them a few weeks later and say, "Thanks for the surprise gift. It's nice to have. But it isn't good enough. Can I have more?"

I don't fault people for discussing ways to improve things. But sometimes you have to consider your request from a more humble perspective. In this case, we've been given something we didn't need but which (theoretically) makes our lives easier. Just try to adjust to the changes that have occurred and be grateful for what you've been given.

No but HT should... seems silly for tankhealing that when the tank takes a beating we need to nourish or refresh lifebloom when we should be spamming our MAX biggest spell hoping the tank lives.

Dont remind me of BC resto it was hard :P, i only use LB once now tho to for Replenishment... my wildgrowth seems to heal enough in 5mans (Dont raid atm), i tend to spam wrath most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    healing touch does now indeed refresh lifebloom, as a just noticed. stealth change? i was not aware of this prior to now http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/33880/empowered-touch/

Forgive my negligence, my Druid is retired...

Lifebloom is 10 sec now? This game IS easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonra View Post
    it's only one stack anyways? and Nourish already refreshes it, pre-4.0 I kept several stacks running without trouble, I'm sure that one stack isn't that much of a trouble to keep up
    Just 1 stack for Revit/Replenish- It will proc Replenish on either refresh (from new/re applications, HT, Nourish, etc) as well.

Speaking of, weren't they going to turn down the amount of mana from Revitalize?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    Just 1 stack for Revit/Replenish- It will proc Replenish on either refresh (from new/re applications, HT, Nourish, etc) as well.

Speaking of, weren't they going to turn down the amount of mana from Revitalize?
    Ye I've read somewhere in a blue post that Revitalize is awarding to much mana at this time and that it'll be tuned down to match the regen other healers are having

10+ Year Old Account
    "We're still comparing all of the active and passive sources of healer mana to make sure things feel even among the different classes, but we feel pretty confident that the mana from Revitalize is too high. The Holy priest at 85 feels the closest to how we want mana to feel at 85."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonra View Post
    Ye I've read somewhere in a blue post that Revitalize is awarding to much mana at this time and that it'll be tuned down to match the regen other healers are having
    I wonder if that accounts for 3/3 Revitalize or not :P

As long as it isn't 8% at max rank it should be fine.