Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by styks View Post
    im still waiting for that blue, but hope is fading away fast. really dont want to go through this bullshit for another expansion
    same here. i did my fair share on suggestions on the official forums. i knew months before 4.0.1 that we'd be screwed up.
    buff totems are a joke, being the worsest buffs in game.
    pvp totems are reduced in numbers each x-pack (leansing gone, fn stun gone..)
    no new pvp/utility totems
    horrible st/ll comp
    boring dps roation
    aoe annihilated
    wf dmg does hardly any of our damage now, despite being supposedly buffed
    still no good concept between baseline abilities and talents ( multi versatile spells like earth shield being talents, role specific spells like healing rain baseline )
    talents and glyphs have to make up for baseline ability fail
    enh gets to many of it's spells from ele and lacks melee identity.
    enh tree to bloated
    horrible dps
    still no new enh baseline abilities, spirit walker's for resto/ele, lvb in wotlk for ele, hex is a caster cc mainly, comparable mostly to fear in wotlk, tbc were resto shield, worthless elemental totems, now replacable bl and, well totemic recall. ue is enh, but used by every spec so andcertainly no melee ability, or aimed to be good mostly for melee (outside of dw imbue aspect)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Most of the "questions" at the Q&A were mainly paladin, hunters, and resto druids.

And most of them were making statements rather then questions, or QQing.

I still love the hunter asking for aspect of the pack not having daze anymore, I enjoyed the booing.

Wait... you guys seriously missed the Shaman question?

Some girl asked: "Why do I have to put points in a PVP talent to fill out the tree? (talking about ele)". To which the devs responded with a bunch of "Taking less spell damage is good in raids, blah blah". All the time neglecting to mention the fact that you don't even need to put points in that talent to get your 31 pts, at all, ever. I was there, and I boo'd her =D.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen people act so hard done by before. In what universe is it blizzard's fault that people don't ask certain questions about a class? The chip on the shoulder attitude by some shamans around here is getting out of hand. Fair enough, below par as enhancement or whatever - but jesus, it's not even whine anymore, it's almost like your fucking spirit is broken and instead of whine it seems like helpless desperate wallowing at the state of your inadequacy. I hope something gets fixed soon, because I can't stand it, and it almost makes me miss generic qq threads.

Some people really need to learn what trolling is too. Someone with a different opinion is not a troll. It kinda' helps not to show an obvious emotional reaction when using mod powers either, it goes against your own rules to insult someone. Interestingly enough though, the sentence was also self-contradictory in a way. If you really believe he's a clueless idiot, then you think he's being serious and that actually is his opinion, if that's the case he's not trolling. Sure his opinion might be lacking in truth, but it's what he believes, and not some farce of a post designed to get a reaction (which he clearly did anyway).
    "The truth, my goal."

Something interesting I just tested out on the dummies at Argent Tournament Grounds. There was some talk on the Damage dealing forums for enhance about hard casting LvB while all your abilities are on CD. The results I got were well, very interesting.

As usual, I did my 5min test(duration of totems). First test was doing the proper priority while tossing in LvB while all my spells etc were on cd. This was pretty tricky as I found that soon as I cast LvB another ability came right off CD.

I wish I could copy and paste my recount here, but I can't/don't know how so I'll just type everything.

First up - With LvB in the rotation. List of % of damage in order etc

1) Melee - 446760 damage 20.6%
    2) Lava Lash - 397787 damage 18.3%
    3) Lava Burst - 209613 damage 9.6%
    4) Lightning Bolt - 203179 damage 9.3%
    5) Windfury Attack - 183507 damage 8.4%
    6) Stormstrike - 152851 damage 7.0%
    7) Flametongue Attack - 14118 damage 6.5%
    8) Lightning Shield - 127083 damage 5.8%
    9) Earth Shock - 125941 damage 5.8%
    10)Flame shock(dot) 88728 damage 4.1%
    11)Searing Flames(dot) 64815 damage 3.0%
    12)Flame Shock 32469 damage 1.5%

The % adds up to 99.9%. Total damage done was 2,398,954 @ 8021 DPS.

Both tests were done using only totems/weapon imbues. No CD's were used
    (SR/wolves, etc). Reason being, I wanted to get a good baseline rather than throw in a bunch of holyshit damage buffers.

One thing of note, windfury had a proc of 64 on the first test and 52 on the second one. The erratic nature of windfury almost makes this test invalid due to the major difference in procs. Also, Searing Totem itself wasn't listed on recount but one could assume it made up that last little bit of %

Second test was as follows, except this time I did not use LvB in the rotation.

1) Melee - 504651 damage 23.6%
    2) Lava Lash - 490659 damage 23.0%
    3) Lightning bolt - 246781 damage 11.5%
    4) Windfury Attack - 168599 damage 7.9%
    5) Stormstrike - 156731 damage 7.3%
    6) Flametongue Attack - 153753 damage 7.2%
    7) Earth Shock -133848 damage 6.3%
    8) Lightning Shield - 105528 damage 4.9%
    9) Flame Shock(dot) 83995 damage 3.9%
    10) Searing Flames(dot) 62942 damage 2.9%
    11) Flame Shock - 29893 damage 1.4%

Total damage done, 2,363,273 @ 7986 dps.

Things of note about this test. I hit a peak of 8400 dps on this test but due to the downtime in between abilities, it dropped substantially.

Apologies for the lengthy post here. Just wanted to give feedback on this. It would look like LvB for the time being is a very viable filler untill Cata hits and we obtain UE. However, it's very situational and I wouldn't recommend it for novice enhance players.

even if lvb were to be a worthwhile filler, i'd never use it. either enh gets back up to it's wotlk glory (not saying i want the exact playstyle back), or we'll be the only melee using actual casts in their prio. i'd rather quit/reroll than playing like that. casts are for casters.
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    even if lvb were to be a worthwhile filler, i'd never use it. either enh gets back up to it's wotlk glory (not saying i want the exact playstyle back), or we'll be the only melee using actual casts in their prio. i'd rather quit/reroll than playing like that. casts are for casters.
    Agreed with you 100% bro. My post was only intended for testing purposes.

NUH UH WARRIORS CAST SLAM DUH
    I wish we could melee while using SWG. With the gaps we're seeing we could probably get off a Lava Burst and CL or LB depending on the time. That could net us an extra couple hundred DPS -_-

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    NUH UH WARRIORS CAST SLAM DUH
    I wish we could melee while using SWG. With the gaps we're seeing we could probably get off a Lava Burst and CL or LB depending on the time. That could net us an extra couple hundred DPS -_-
    Using slam as an example vs LvB isn't as good of a comparison. Well, I take that back. It is but, HS is a better rage dump than slam. Purpose behind using LvB vs CL or LB would be LvB hits alot harder and is a 100% chance to crit with FS on your target. Typically FS is always up. I'm anxious to see how the test results pan out tonight in raids. LvB > missed MSW procs or wf procs.

FFS that was sarcasm. We've got to get on the same page if we're going to crash Blizzcon next year.

Deleted
    After two weeks of this new patch I hoped to see enhancement future a bit more positive. Seeing most of the other melee-classes being hotfixed and not us really surpised me. Als knowing class balancing isn't that easy as some claime to be, and the game being more balanced at lvl 85 is something I understand as well. But why those hotfixes to other classes? And as Levva mentioned we'll be behind in dps compared to other classes, if looking to equal gear and skills, at level 85.

Another thing I find very disturbing and want to mention,( please correct me if wrong). Blizz wants to minimize aoe spells in a single target rotation, hence why we cant use fire nova with searing totem, I can live and understand that philosophy. But please explain me why for example its "possible" that frost dk's can use Howling Blast in their single target rotation. This is not a small aoe spell btw. Only makes me believe more that Blizz is inconsistent with their own philosophy.

Not even mentioning they could acknowledge we could receive atleast some fixes, upsets shaman enhancement community. Losing unique buffs and dps puts us in a bad position. We do not ask to be the top dps'ers like fury wariors and fire mages were in ICC, but a real fighting chance for the top 5.

Bring the player not Class right?!
    Last edited by mmoc7ecd189d9e; 2010-10-26 at 11:00 PM.

FFS that was sarcasm. We've got to get on the same page if we're going to crash Blizzcon next year.
    I'm on page 42.

Quote Originally Posted by PretorianSham View Post
    Bring the player not the Shaman
    lol fixd
    "Bring the player, not the shaman"
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    When Blizzard get that dollar sign look in their eyes... anything is possible.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/omybad/

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Well i cant realy say i'm suprised that we never had anything in the class q&a but realy there are alot of issues for enhance particularly and they were ignored? not even asked about by those there?
    I have a sinking feeling that this late on with nothing announced in the Q&A that enhance is staying where it is...the bottem of the pile and will most likley stay there
    I don't wanna sound evil, but why did you expect anything different?
    Mages, Rogues, Druids, Paladins - those are the most played Classes = the most important income of money.
    That is why they get the most attention from Blizzard.

Enhancement has always been the least played spec.
    Just accept that Enhancement will always be the underdog - the bottom feeder.
    Blizzard just does not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargz View Post
    I'm on page 42.
    I'm on page four wtf.

I'm on page four wtf.
    lmao, quit note. running 10m H icc. just did 13k on saurfang using LvB. Was a large increase over last time I did him with 12k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by PretorianSham View Post
    After two weeks of this new patch I hoped to see enhancement future a bit more positive. Seeing most of the other melee-classes being hotfixed and not us really surpised me.
    Weird. Didn't surprise me at all. After shamans having to wait several extra weeks for t10, the treatment of shamans in the official forums, the events that led to the bus shock incident and several other things nothing surprises me anymore. The reason i've cancelled my account. My hope ( or rather, my prayer, lol ) is that there is an miraculous patch coming that will make us at least as fun playing as in wotlk. I'm not as delussional though as to believe in that.

I'd rather believe in santa claus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Wait... you guys seriously missed the Shaman question?

Some girl asked: "Why do I have to put points in a PVP talent to fill out the tree? (talking about ele)". To which the devs responded with a bunch of "Taking less spell damage is good in raids, blah blah". All the time neglecting to mention the fact that you don't even need to put points in that talent to get your 31 pts, at all, ever. I was there, and I boo'd her =D.
    I was watching the live feed - and I definitely understood that as a resto question - not elemental. I might be wrong - but as I see it its resto that has all the "pvp talents" - like Ancestral Resolve, Nature's Guardian, Focused Insight and Telluric Currents
    Last edited by Darcam; 2010-10-27 at 02:00 PM.

the events that led to the bus shock incident
    wait what? did i miss something?
    "Bring the player, not the shaman"
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    When Blizzard get that dollar sign look in their eyes... anything is possible.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/omybad/

Quote Originally Posted by Gargz View Post
    lmao, quit note. running 10m H icc. just did 13k on saurfang using LvB. Was a large increase over last time I did him with 12k dps.
    Saurfang is so short, there's a lot of RNG there. Post the logs!