Poll: Garrosh and Grom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    World of Racismcraft, hmm. nah.
    cause its racist to only care about the well being of ur citizens

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ally now, but when I was horde, Garrosh was my guy. I just hate how his new model is so retarded. His WotLK model was so beast.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    cause its racist to only care about the well being of ur citizens
    Actually it is racism if you are allied with another nation and your action damage their economy lifestyle etc and you say Hey I dont care because you are not part of my people and we are better anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Actually it is racism if you are allied with another nation and your action damage their economy lifestyle etc and you say Hey I dont care because you are not part of my people and we are better anyways
    The only thing Garrosh damaged was the tauren because he killed Cairne but they got to me seems like a better leader Baine. People throw out Racism card to much these days geeze

---------- Post added 2010-10-24 at 01:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I'm ally now, but when I was horde, Garrosh was my guy. I just hate how his new model is so retarded. His WotLK model was so beast.
    His model sucks but when they draw him in fan art it looks beast

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because garrosh is black... everyone was thinking it im just saying it.

Actually, I don't like Grom either. Yeah, he killed Mannaroth and saved the Orcs from their cursed blood .... but he also killed Cenarius, was a bloody hothead, was the FIRST to drink the Demon's Blood, and he was a downright gleeful killer. So ..... the whole family can go rot in a ditch.

Quote Originally Posted by Swixal View Post
    Because garrosh is black... everyone was thinking it im just saying it.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL. Im black and I find this funny.

Quote Originally Posted by surafang View Post
    The only thing Garrosh damaged was the tauren because he killed Cairne but they got to me seems like a better leader Baine. People throw out Racism card to much these days geeze
    Okay maybe racism was a bit extreme still it is a very stupid move (politic wise) he throws out Trolls insults Sylvanas and i can can only guess what he'll say to the blood elves. You know those things tend to come back an bite you

Love both of them. They're both essentially the same person in almost every single way just a different first name. Garrosh is just being used to counter Thrall for later plots and this was evident even before Blizzcon by any person who actually pays attention to the lore while Grom was played up as the badass though same traits. I'm really predicting Garrosh to go down similar to his father in some sort of a sacrifice at the end of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I somewhat like Grom and overall dislike Garrosh.

I know that they act the same, which is causing some people in the thread to cry hypocrisy, but there's a difference in the overall way their traits are handled that causes me to feel the way I do.

Grom was consistent in his characterization. His development in WC3 came from somewhere, from situations we actually saw.

Unlike Garrosh, they didn't come clear out of fucking nowhere involving situations we heard about second-hand that contradicts what we already know about the character.

You could be a total berserker that does all kinds of stupid things, or you can even be outright ruthless and Machiavellian and be fine in my book as long as you are actually somewhat CONSISTENT. Jumping around randomly because Blizzard is forcing us to like the character is stupid. That's the difference between Garrosh and Grom.

Love grom, read "Lord of the Clans".
    Thought he was a cool dude. Didn't harm the innocent.
    In wotlk Gorrosh wanted to kill everthing, yet in Cata he threw that dude off a cliff because he bombed the village of...nelfs?
    Which would make Garrosh a cool guy, sorta.
    He's changing, and my opinion of him is changing.
    I just don't like the WOTLK version of him.

Offtopic:what's going to happen to his Wotlk version anyway? the gona change that model and change some scripting, or just leave it like it is?
    Last edited by Dian Keto the Cure Master; 2010-10-24 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    How many Faceless Ones does it take to screw in a jelly fish?
    Two, one to screw the jelly fish in, and a second to rape the minds of the innocent.

I only speak from experience with the RTS games, but Grom really wasn't cool. He behaved like a jackass, but luckily at the end an important demon showed up and went "blargh please stab me in the tummy arrghh!" Grom's purpose was to show how good Thrall was by being the exact opposite- his foil.

Grom didn't do things for his people, he did them for the lust of battle. He's a throwback to the WC2 horde, and I appreciate the character as well as Garrosh's. They're both stupid, but they serve their purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    i dislike them both....not hate...but generally dislike.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like either one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like Grom you have to like Garrosh? What kind of "logic" is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmer View Post
    I somewhat like Grom and overall dislike Garrosh.

I know that they act the same, which is causing some people in the thread to cry hypocrisy, but there's a difference in the overall way their traits are handled that causes me to feel the way I do.

Grom was consistent in his characterization. His development in WC3 came from somewhere, from situations we actually saw.

Unlike Garrosh, they didn't come clear out of fucking nowhere involving situations we heard about second-hand that contradicts what we already know about the character.

You could be a total berserker that does all kinds of stupid things, or you can even be outright ruthless and Machiavellian and be fine in my book as long as you are actually somewhat CONSISTENT. Jumping around randomly because Blizzard is forcing us to like the character is stupid. That's the difference between Garrosh and Grom.
    This... Garrosh was just poorly developed and shoehorned into different personalities multiple times where as Grom was fleshed out in a consistent and intelligent way over time...

---------- Post added 2010-10-24 at 05:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    If you like Grom you have to like Garrosh? What kind of "logic" is that?
    Also this... despite what some of you might think they are not the same...