Poll: What should/could be used as the Alliance's battlecry?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 44
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

FOR THE... (???) Alliance Battlecry Discussion

If youve read the blue posts Q&A on the front page, you might have noticed that there was a question on whether or not Blizzard is working on an Alliance battlecry like the Horde's "For the Horde!" battlecry. I wanted to get the community's ideas on what could be a good battlecry for the Alliance.

RULES:

-This is a creativity thread, everyone has a right to try for a Battlecry

-The Battlecry should have relevance to the Alliance, mainly somthing dealing with pride/honor/glory/etc...

-This is NOT a trolling thread, Horde players are welcome to give their own ideas, but I dont wanna hear useless trolling shit like "The Alliance are for pussies/homos/whatever retarded gesture you think is even mildly humerous to your pea-sized brain..."

-If there are a few favored catchphrazes, I might turn this thread into a poll for the most voted battlecries

-NO FACTION BASHING:This is not a thread for biased opinions of either faction. I know there is a majority of Horde playerbase on this website, and I dont want to hear your ranting about how people should just "Reroll Horde" or anything negative about the Alliance, and the same goes for The Alliance fans as well.

I will start off with a few of my own ideas, they might not be great, but they are just some ideas to get this thread started.

"ESARUS THAR NO'DARADOR!"(The sentence in Common), "By blood and Honor we Serve!" (Sentence in English) - Uther the Lightbringer's memorable comment in regards to Turalyon's memorial

"IN AZEROTH'S NAME" - Azeroth is the proper title of the Stormwind Kingdom's territories
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2010-10-23 at 10:17 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Its a tough one to give them a battle cry. Seeing as they seem to have no faction pride. Horde all together are a proud race. just my two cents

Can I just say that I honestly liked "We'll keep trying"?

Quote Originally Posted by Furkel View Post
    I liked "Have Mercy" better, not sure which panelist said that but it was funny.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is actually a pretty tough problem. It's going to be difficult to find something that has the same simplicity and is even half as catchy as "For the Horde!" or "Lok'tar Ogar!"

/salute "Pride and Honor the path of the alliance"

The only thing that came into my mind

10+ Year Old Account
    FOR THE ALLIANCE, FIGHT ON BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!! a tad wordy but if it works for bolvar it works for me.

FEAR THE LIONS OF AZEROTH!

Lions of azeroth TO BATTLE!!

FOR GILNEAS!!!!!! still wins imo :P

10+ Year Old Account
    We have : "For Lordaeron!"

Lordaeron was ruled by the House of Menethil and provided refuge for the people of Stormwind following that kingdom's destruction at the end of the First War. During the Second War, Lordaeron spearheaded the first Alliance's campaign against the Orcish Horde, but was almost entirely consumed by the Scourge during the Third War.

We lost a huge capital with it, and it could be a beautiful city once again for everyone including the Worgen if they choose to use it as they can come out of the gate and use it.

Deleted
    For The Horde :P! (Sorry had to)!

15+ Year Old Account
    "Fuck the Horde!"

*sigh* fiiine.
    "Victory for the Allied kingdoms!"
    Last edited by Snes; 2010-10-23 at 10:28 PM.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Stood in the Fire BallsofThunder's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought it would be somewhere along the lines of "GLORY TO THE ALLIANCE!"

Or something of that sort.
    "Do you have a boyfriend?"
    "No."
    "Do you want one?"
    "Uhh.. No?"
    "Cause you see, I like to have a girlfriend from each state."
    "Do you know their names?"
    "Oh I call them by numbers, 25 is the best, shes got it going on."

10+ Year Old Account
    It should obviously be "For blanchy!"

"For Dio!!!!"

But for realsies, there isn't a lot of solid faction pride amongst the Alliance. And just saying "For the Alliance" sounds like you're copying the Horde. "For the Light" doesn't work since the Night Elves worship Elune and Gnomes worship Hell-if-I-know.

Maybe the Alliance shouldn't have a war cry...maybe you can all just yell incomprehensibly and hope you shock the Horde into defeat.
    Last edited by gunner_recall; 2010-10-23 at 10:23 PM.

Stood in the Fire BallsofThunder's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    "Fuck the Horde!"
    Remember that no faction bashing thing? Yeah....
    "Do you have a boyfriend?"
    "No."
    "Do you want one?"
    "Uhh.. No?"
    "Cause you see, I like to have a girlfriend from each state."
    "Do you know their names?"
    "Oh I call them by numbers, 25 is the best, shes got it going on."

10+ Year Old Account
    "For the King" or something i don't know, need to think more on that.

Deleted
    It's just that "The Alliance" doesn't roll of the tongue in a battlecry. Say "FOR THE HORDE" out loud first. Feels very powerful. Say "FOR THE ALLIANCE" out loud now. "Alliance" just doesn't get into the flow, you know what I mean?

So yeah, hard question since we want to represent the Alliance as a whole. The best I could come up with "FOR THE GLORY OF THE ALLIANCE!". It's not short, but if said right it does actually sound better than "FOR THE HORDE" in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly like "WE'LL KEEP TRYING!"
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minifig View Post
    We have : "For Lordaeron!"

Lordaeron was ruled by the House of Menethil and provided refuge for the people of Stormwind following that kingdom's destruction at the end of the First War. During the Second War, Lordaeron spearheaded the first Alliance's campaign against the Orcish Horde, but was almost entirely consumed by the Scourge during the Third War.

We lost a huge capital with it, and it could be a beautiful city once again for everyone including the Worgen if they choose to use it as they can come out of the gate and use it.
    I wish we could still use this battlecry, but you are forgetting that it belongs to the people of Lordaeron, who were the spearheads of the Alliance until the Third war.

But since the majority of people from Lordaeron are now Forsaken, I cant really see the Alliance ever using it again, seeing as it would bring back too many memories of the loss of such a great kingdom to the Undead.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Furkel View Post
    to be honest me too (even though i'm horde)
    Last edited by Myrlae; 2010-10-23 at 10:24 PM.