Poll: What should/could be used as the Alliance's battlecry?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "Yes We Can!!"

but seriously "For blood and honor!" is one i would use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrlae View Post
    to be honest me too (even though i'm horde)
    they only ones having said that so far were hordies...

Deleted
    By Heart and Blade! Heart and Blade!

Glory to the Alliance!

Yeah none of these come close to For the Horde...or the other one :/
    Don't like any of those on the poll, there was a few decent ones but i can see those more as horde battle cries than alliance ...

"Do you want to live forever?"
    "My Life For Aiur!!!!!!!"

Deleted
    Charge! or To battle! will do...but if I had to pick one from ops suggestions By blood and honour we serve sounds good imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    "At least we have chicken!"

"Fight with honour and glory!" is pretty much the only think i could think of..

Quote Originally Posted by ShortTermCrook View Post
    "We'll take anyone in!" ( be ye beast, demon or midget )
    That made me laugh for a full 5 mins

my contribution:

"Death to the Infidels" :P
    Last edited by Laplace; 2010-10-27 at 11:11 PM.

Yea, considering this(from Wikipedia):
    Blood & Honour is a neo-Nazi music promotion network and political group founded in 1987 with links to Combat 18 and composed of white power skinheads and other white nationalists. The group organizes white power concerts by Rock Against Communism (RAC) bands and distributes a magazine of the same name.[1] There are official divisions in several different countries around the world.[2] It is listed as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
    is the first thing that pops up when you google blood and honor, maybe thats not such a great idea.

The biggest problem with deciding on a battle cry for the Alliance (dwarf pally here btw) is that each nation is far more individually governed than the Horde.

Yes the Horde have separate leaders and do have individual government under their leaders however there seems to be from my perspective more deference to the Warchief. In the case of the Alliance one gets the feeling that there is much less of this, and to be honest Varian doesn't have that same charisma/leadership as Thrall (or as Garrosh may develop in time). Alliance Factions each have their own battle cries, but since they are less one large unit than the Horde it is very difficult to have a good battle cry.

I like the sound of "For Lordaeron!" however it's specific to humans and really only those who had an association with that kingdom before it fell to the plague.
    "For the Alliance" doesn't work for me, it's like saying "For the United Nations!", it lacks identity and such.

That said, the Horde is an orc cultural thing I believe from way back before they came through the Dark Portal, but it's a very different word to Alliance. A Horde implies a close community who identify as one, an Alliance (in my opinion) implies collaboration and a lack of collective identity, I feel like each Alliance faction has more self interest than the Horde factions. However there is greater separation between the Horde factions in Cataclysm since Garrosh upset the apple cart.

My personal battle cries would be 1. "For Khaz Modan" from a dwarf perspective and 2. "For the Light" from a pally perspective, but yeh, it's difficult guys, we can't really have a battle cry comparable to "For the Horde" we lack that feeling of (at the risk of sounding cheesy and cliché) 'oneness'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Super Mario called. He left a message inviting you to his 25th birthday party.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&cn=Grimgoren

Deleted
    Just combine two of them. For the alliance.. For the Light!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgoren View Post
    My personal battle cries would be 1. "For Khaz Modan" from a dwarf perspective and 2. "For the Light" from a pally perspective, but yeh, it's difficult guys, we can't really have a battle cry comparable to "For the Horde" we lack that feeling of (at the risk of sounding cheesy and cliché) 'oneness'.
    The horde isnt as united as you seem to think. Every race in the horde is in there for themselves. Each of their factions have their own set rulers and they dont really have that "oneness" you speak of.

Trolls and tauren only joined the orcs because of Thrall but they dont see the other races as part of them but merely a necessity to survive. The forsaken have their own battle cry "For the Forsaken" if you havent noticed. Its only horde players that use for the horde and orcs of course.

Honestly For the Alliance works just as well as For the Horde. Even as you say it the Alliance part sounds more regal while the Horde more brutal.

Do a barrel roll!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It should obviously be the horn of Gondor, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
    It should obviously be the horn of Gondor, guys.
    I'm afraid it broke...

Deleted
    For the Alliance!

All the way back to WC2

UNITE AND VANQUISH!

Youtube! I'm a new user so I can't post the link but my DnD group Beer and Battle . com did a crack at an Alliance Battle cry. You can also find it over on Strand Land . com

It's a Corral Resoponse chant. The battle Leader Cry's out UNITE! and the Legions of Alliance Holler back "AND VANQUISH!"

Deleted
    Kill the alien, burn the heretic, purge the unclean.

I think that covers what the alliance wants to do, kill orcs, burn blood elves and purge undead.