Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    When the screech from Deathwing came, Blizzcon was like 'YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH'

In reality most people were probably thinking 'NOOOOOOOOOOO'. D:

Login screen is...lame...
    Worgen cinematic...lame...

10+ Year Old Account
    They should add a "disable sound" checkbox fro the roar thing in login screen of pure awesomeness

10+ Year Old Account
    stop wine about the cute and awesome rawr of the log-in screen

turn of sound or dont play at all

Ok, quick question and more than likely answered already but I don't want to sifting through 10 pages of whining to see if it was.

But, if that is indeed the log in screen with Deathwing in Stormwind then what is images 12, 13, 14, or hell even 15 (Top set of images, 2nd row, start at 3rd image in on the left)? Interchangeable log in screens? Old screen they where planning on using but scraped it? They have the log in boxes on them I.E. Battle.net Log in and Password boxes.

Those are indeed scrapped concepts

Dunno if anyone else said it but regarding the worgen cinematic Godfrey looks allot like The Earl in D-Gray man and even has the same grim look.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol, i thought i was the only one that gets annoyed by the current login screen. racing my login codes to i dont hvae to hear the stupid roar.

The image 7 login screen is way cooler imo.

Deleted
    I wonder whats wrong with peoples ears really. There are probably gazillion sounds more louder than that 2 second long screech, and yet people claim about ear bleeding. I'd visit a doctor if that sound would seem loud to me.

I really liked the human character on the worgen cinematic. He looks badass.

That's it? Just 2? Wow, blizzcon is a total waste....thank god i didnt pay.

Deleted
    Dear mother of god! It's another Sindy!

Time to go to mmowned.com when the time is there to put back that good old vanilla login screen.

Why did blizzard went with this? Did they missed the memo of us hating that stupid Sindy flapping and especially roaring? Do they think we like to hear him roar for the next 2/3 years?

Geez Blizzard!

Yes, it looks awesome! No, it isn't a good login screen because it makes WoW start up slower and the roar will annoy every subscriber eventually. Blizzard, please change it! Or give us a option at the least!

It's a LOGIN SCREEN people. Holy shit, stop complaining. You literally have to stare at it 30sec max every time you need to look at it.

By the way, you are SUPPOSED to remember that screeching roar, because when you hear it in game you know shit will go down. I am pretty sure one of the key things about it is so we can recognize the unique sound of Deathwing's roar over all the other generic dragons of Azeroth.

But, you know, if you don't care about the gameplay experience then you should probably go play something else. Possibly Tetris, oh wait the sounds there are "annoying" too.

Quote Originally Posted by ;
    No, it isn't a good login screen because it makes WoW start up slower
    Um, no. It doesn't. It is a layered pre-rendered graphic specially optimized to your video settings. So no, your WoW starts up just as fast as mine no matter how hard Sindy or Deathwing roars.
    Last edited by AdamsGaming; 2010-10-24 at 12:38 PM.

I think the login screen is awesome. And the way they showed it, maybe he rawrs the first time you open the game and then after that he just sits there like he is doing when the interface appears? just my thoughts. could be wrong

Deleted
    Wow, I played WOTLK since release at it never once came to mind that the roaring on the login screen is annoying... weird. Seems like some people are more "sensitive" than others.

I loved the WOTLK login screen and I love the new Deathwing one as well.

God damn it another freaking roaring dragon on the log in screen?! Do not want!

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    They should add a "disable sound" checkbox fro the roar thing in login screen of pure awesomeness
    They should add a disable sound box that actually quadruples the sound instead, and it takes them til next expansion to "fix" it... I would love to see how much you babies get your panties in a twist over that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish there would be an option to change the login screen, or at least mute the background sounds in it.

I think heavy login screen also slows the loading, because after WOTLK the login interface has appeared about 200% slower, especially if multitasking. I think it's the pretty WOTLK theme and Sindy flying around.