Question Timing discrepancy

On the page:

httpusbattlenet/en/info/presale -> add the dots cos the won't let me post a link cos i'm too new.
    it says:

3. Play
    At 6:31 PM on 12/7 your account will be automatically upgraded so you can begin playing Cataclysm.

further down it says:

In what regions is the Cataclysm pre-sale available? What day/time is Cataclysm launching in my region?
    The pre-sale is available in the following regions, with realms scheduled to launch at the following times:

Americas, Australia and South East Asia – December 7th at 12:01 AM PST (6:31pm AEST)
    Europe and Russia – December 7th at 12:01 AM CET

So is there a delay for the digital release because my local retailer says they will be holding a midnight launch Dec 7 12:01 am (AEST).

Can anyone offer me some clarity?

The digital release pre-downloads all of the expansion data, then, at 12:01 AM PST, December 7th, the servers go active with the content and you will be able to play the expansion.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

12:01 PST Dec 7 is 6:31 in the evening for me on the same date. But my retailer claims he will have it for sale 18 hours prior to that at 12:01 - which is still Dec 6th for the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesamere View Post
    12:01 PST Dec 7 is 6:31 in the evening for me on the same date. But my retailer claims he will have it for sale 18 hours prior to that at 12:01 - which is still Dec 6th for the US.
    There's a genuine possibility that you'll have the opportunity to purchase it beforehand, but whether you'll be able to play it or not is the real question. Plenty of people are going to find ways to get the expansion hours or, sometimes, days in advance of midnight on the 7th, but it won't matter until the content goes live on the servers.

I would assume that the content on EU and TK, etc. servers will go live at 12:01 PST, but it may be later (or possibly earlier). Check with someone who has played through an expansion in one of those regions and see if they were able to play with, before, or after NA servers. It's most likely that the behavior will be the same.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

Just spoke to a retailer again and yes I will defiantly be able to have a physical copy on the 7th at 12:01am aest but the servers won't be live until 6:31pm aest. I reckon I'll cancel my pre-orders and just buy off the website, and save $35+ aus.