/castrandom kinda broken?

i have used /castrandom for my mounts (one for flying and one for ground) for a long time, but since 4.0.1 it seems that the ground mount one will occasionally break. if i pull open the mount menu, mount one, than hit the macro it will work again. all the mounts i have in the macro will mount so it isnt a simple misspeling and there is no extra lines messing up the macro, nor did i end the last mount with a comma. there is also no mounts that can be both flying and ground (headless horseman, invincable, etc). as i said, the same macro has worked for a long time, but now breaks. was this intentional on blizzards part? and if so, why break ground, but not flying?
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Not really what you're looking for, but I might suggest the addon mounted which you can use to achieve the same functionality, with some other cool features too.

My cast random for mounts has been working fine for me. I don't know which you're using, but I use:

Code:
    /castrandom [nomounted, flyable] Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher, Rusted Proto-Drake
    /castrandom [nomounted] Great Brewfest Kodo, Swift Razzashi Raptor, Rivendare's Deathcharger, Swift White Hawkstrider
    /dismount
    /script VehicleExit()

15+ Year Old Account
    I ran into an issue with this today on my paladin. Turns out it was because I had the mount item and the spell, and it tries casting the item instead.

My macro is /castrandom Summon Charger, Swift Brewfest Ram
    And I had a Swift Brewfest Ram sitting in my bags as well, which confused the macro. Could be your issue.

/userandom
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how you brought up the Mount Macro with bugs, I can aswell bring up the bug I noticed with my Mount Macro which is using a Number Position for which Mount to summon. The weird part I found out was how the Mounts are counted after the change. The old system had 12 mounts per page in 6x2 rows/columns and the new system has 16 Mounts with 4x4. However with the Number Position they only count 12 per page as usual which would mean the 4x3 at the top leaving the last 4 Mounts per page until you have gone through all pages of Mounts.

So let's say you got 32 mounts (two pages with 16) and the mount you want to use is at position 4,4 (first Mount on the last row on first page) that would mean it has the Number Position 25 (12 first page, 12 second and then 1 when it restarts on last row = 25).

EDIT: Or so I think, atleast the Numbers are the same before and after the patch it seems (for me) can try it out later

10+ Year Old Account
    Op, could you c/p your macro into the thread so we can take a look please.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    No idea about the macro but you can try one of these for random mounts:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...gogomount.aspx

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...livestock.aspx
    while these use almost no memory, it is an unnecessary addon that eats up more memory. my CPU is weak so i try to stay low on addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    I ran into an issue with this today on my paladin. Turns out it was because I had the mount item and the spell, and it tries casting the item instead.

My macro is /castrandom Summon Charger, Swift Brewfest Ram
    And I had a Swift Brewfest Ram sitting in my bags as well, which confused the macro. Could be your issue.
    ah ha, this was indeed the problem. had a ram sitting in my bag i never discarded. thank you all for the help.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin