Worgen - Druid Form or a Curse? - Lore

First things first, my english isn´t perfect, I'm not from a English language native country so dont start you the 'lolgrammar' stuff. Thanks.

Can someone explain to me how the people in Gilneas ( or anyone ) can be "turned" into a Worgen?

As far I know, the first worgens were Druids that worshiped Goldrinn/Lo'Gosh and the Pack ( Wolf ) form, but for some reason they started losing control of it and Malfurion(?) said "wolf form is bad, stop using it please ;(" and they were like "oh no, but we like it =[" and they fled from the Malfurion/NE control and started practicing the form until they lost total control and become wild beasts and were unable/unwilling to return to human form.

Something bad was happening in the world and some Night Elf girl said "OMG ELUNE HALP LOL" and Elune gave her the [Staff that can control worgens lol] and she went to the forest to find them and asked for help. The worgens helped-ish, the bad guys died and the staff/worgens disapeared.

<over 900000 years later>

Arugal shows up, use the research from that mage from the Kirin Thor, "summon" them somehow to help to defend Dalaran from the scourge, they go mad and kill everyone and Arugal goes QQ in Shadowfang Keep and now, for some reason, the Worgens, once a druid form are now a curse, like... wtf? I understand all the Werewolf thing that if they bite you, you become one, but... worgens are druids, not werewolfs... right? They are creatures from Azeroth, not something from another realm/dimension that you can "summon"... like a demon...

I saw a video made by totalbiscuit where he read a journal that explained it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w25MXiODmuE

So as i understand it, it was druidism...gone wrong. Something about it changed the people and more or less kind of..converted them to werewolves and became savage and all the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    I saw a video made by totalbiscuit where he read a journal that explained it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w25MXiODmuE

So as i understand it, it was druidism...gone wrong. Something about it changed the people and more or less kind of..converted them to werewolves and became savage and all the rest of it.
    I watched that... but how and when they changed from a druid-form-that-gone-wrong to a 'curse' that can 'infect' people, like the population of Gilneas, since the people from Guilnear are NOT druid at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    I watched that... but how and when they changed from a druid-form-that-gone-wrong to a 'curse' that can 'infect' people, like the population of Gilneas, since the people from Guilnear are NOT druid at all.
    Arugal's experiments changed it into an infectious form.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Arugal's experiments changed it into an infectious form.
    Yeup.

Also, since the first "Alpha" male went into the cave, I think he made the Scythe out of the Fang of Goldrinn. And from what was read, it had the tendency to make you go Feral Worgen pretty fast (a matter of days/weeks/month(s)).

Arugal just took most of his findings from Ur and pretty much made something like the T-Virus from Resident Evil where when released or whatever, it runs rampant.
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimora88 View Post
    Yeup.

Also, since the first "Alpha" male went into the cave, I think he made the Scythe out of the Fang of Goldrinn. And from what was read, it had the tendency to make you go Feral Worgen pretty fast (a matter of days/weeks/month(s)).

Arugal just took most of his findings from Ur and pretty much made something like the T-Virus from Resident Evil where when released or whatever, it runs rampant.
    Thanks for the answer guys.

Now, about Arugal... he did this t-virus-curse thing just because he´s mad at the world or he was trying to acomplish something with it and everything went wrong?

From what I've heard, it was accidental. Arugal was trying to use the worgen to fight the Scourge, and didn't go all crazy until the worgen got out of control and began eating or infecting all the local humans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnvEPbayIPU

This is pretty accurate, but could use a little updating.

This is the story before Blizzard changed it with Cataclysm a bit.
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)