Patch 4.1 as discussed on the Dungeons and raid panel

Ok, they said they are adding The firelands and a 5-man dungeon. That better not be the only things they are adding in patch 4.1. I don't want to be stuck with 7 bosses for 6 months till the next freakin patch. Anyone know if they were just announcing little bits of content for 4.1, and will be adding at least another raid along with firelands, or Is this all they are adding?

It's possible the War of the ancients raid will come with it, although there has been nothing announced about what patch it will be released with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, but i doubt this is all they are adding i mean, 7 bosses is supposed to keep us happy for months? Nah, i'm sure they will add another raid in there somewhere so i'm not too worried at this point.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm doesn't come out for another month and a half almost. 4.1 probably won't come out for a solid 3-4 after that. I wouldn't be too worried about it just yet since its half a year away almost.

i dont really care anymore.im probably gonna end up quitting this game before cataclysm anyway if more weeks are like this week

games just to boring now.but maybe its just me i dont know

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    i dont really care anymore.im probably gonna end up quitting this game before cataclysm anyway if more weeks are like this week

games just to boring now.but maybe its just me i dont know
    Quit till cata imo, it'll be a lot more fun when u come back.

Why is this surprising?

3.1: Ulduar
    3.2: Trial of the Crusader
    3.3: Icecrown
    3.3.5: Ruby Sanctum (if you even want to count it at all)

2.1: Black Temple
    2.2: Nothing
    2.3: Zul Aman
    2.4: Sunwell Plateau

This is how it worked every previous expansion. One raid per patch and some of them came with dungeons as well (sounds like they want that to be the norm now).

When Wrath launched we had Naxxramas, Obsidian Sanctum, Eye of Eternity, and Vault of Archavon.

When Cataclysm launches we will have Blackwing Descent, Bastion of Twilight, Throne of the Four Winds, and Baradin Hold. Considering that Sartharian and Malygos are both one boss and Naxxramas was reused content I think that's a pretty good deal.

Chances are, most players won't have the four launch raids cleared before Firelands is released. Even if you do, you aren't going to clear Firelands on your first night and you will want to run it several times for the gear.

That's how the game works. If you don't enjoy running the same encounters more than a couple of times then I suggest you find another game.

I think the problem that people have with that is that Firelands was supposed to be prepared for launch and is a relatively short dungeon. People do expect many new raid bosses per tier and would feel cheated if there were less than 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Odirain View Post
    Why is this surprising?

3.1: Ulduar
    3.2: Trial of the Crusader
    3.3: Icecrown
    3.3.5: Ruby Sanctum (if you even want to count it at all)

2.1: Black Temple
    2.2: Nothing
    2.3: Zul Aman
    2.4: Sunwell Plateau

This is how it worked every previous expansion. One raid per patch and some of them came with dungeons as well (sounds like they want that to be the norm now).

When Wrath launched we had Naxxramas, Obsidian Sanctum, Eye of Eternity, and Vault of Archavon.

When Cataclysm launches we will have Blackwing Descent, Bastion of Twilight, Throne of the Four Winds, and Baradin Hold. Considering that Sartharian and Malygos are both one boss and Naxxramas was reused content I think that's a pretty good deal.

Chances are, most players won't have the four launch raids cleared before Firelands is released. Even if you do, you aren't going to clear Firelands on your first night and you will want to run it several times for the gear.

That's how the game works. If you don't enjoy running the same encounters more than a couple of times then I suggest you find another game.
    In BC the raids were actually challenging though, so if u added BT in one patch, chances are you weren't going to have it on farm till the next patch. Also, since the raids were actually hard, then people were still running TK, SSC and what not. All the wotlk raids though, you had on farm like 2 months, maybe less. So if they are going to make raids faceroll again, at least make 1 more 5-7 boss raid or else it'll be wotlk all over again and people will be quitting in between patches cause theres nothing to do, but run the same 7 boss raid for 4-5 months. Kthxbai.

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman12 View Post
    In BC the raids were actually challenging though, so if u added BT in one patch, chances are you weren't going to have it on farm till the next patch. Also, since the raids were actually hard, then people were still running TK, SSC and what not. All the wotlk raids though, you had on farm like 2 months, maybe less. So if they are going to make raids faceroll again, at least make 1 more 5-7 boss raid or else it'll be wotlk all over again and people will be quitting in between patches cause theres nothing to do, but run the same 7 boss raid for 4-5 months. Kthxbai.
    Incorrect. ZA was a 10-man instance that didn't drop loot that was on par with BT loot unless you did the timers, which the guilds that were farming BT were able to do fairly easily. There were several guilds that were farming BT for 7-8 months, and it would have been even longer had Blizzard not realized that they needed more content in BC, which made them decide to patch in SWP. (Which was still 10 months after BT was released, mind you.)

Of course I could also argue with your definition of 'hard', which seems to disagree with the opinions of most players that 25H Lich King is harder than anything in BC was.

As was said before, players had to deal with single-boss instances and reused Naxx content (which was puggable from the get-go and incredibly easy, the first time I saw Naxx25 in all blues was also the first time I saw Kel'Thuzad 25-man) for five months. It'd be hard for Blizzard to top that.

I think that really good 7 Bosses raid is better than faceroll 12 bosses.

Actually, a blue also said that Sinestra (BoT last boss only HM) will drop Firelands level gear... so maybe HC BWD/BoT + sinestra will be still farmed

i just hope they stay with the design of multiple raids per teir because i dont think i can sit thro another icc raid tier for god knows how long
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft