Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dragons are awesome... Dragonspawn´s too

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldviper18 View Post
    I think you speak for a very small group of the WoW community. I don't care how many dragons they add. Dragons are awesome, and there's very few games or movies that do dragons well. But blizzard can do dragons well. So I say keep it up, cause WoW is definitely the place to get a dragon fix when everyone else seems to be pretty terrible at them.
    Richard A. Knaak writes for Blizzard BECAUSE of how they portray their dragons (some intelligent, powerful beings, rather than all mindless beasts)

You had your non-dragon expansion already, The Burning Crusade. There was very little dragon involvement prior to Sunwell save for Nightbane/Netherbane in Kara.

I guess I dont get the complaining about a key element of the fantasy genre in a fantasy MMORPG. I don't care for the whole space/sci-fi thing either but I dont head over to the Star Wars forum and suggest they leave out spaceships. I just don't play what doesn't interest me. And I happen to like dragons.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disastrophe View Post
    I'm confused. You say that all the dragons are the same b/c they share these same abilities, and #4 is a 'token' (ie. unique) ability. Sindy with her alternating Iceblocks and stacking debuff, Halion with lazer beams of death and puddles of 'ocrap', no air phase, and a pretty cool raid splitting technique.

My point being, don't complain about all dragons being the same, when they're not, AND you say so in your post. I think Blizz has done a good job of making dragons something that act dragony and give each encounter a different thing to watch out for.
    Plus, Deathwing is so gargantuan that the encounter should be incredibly amazing.

I follow this guy, every damn fantasy game is filled with dragons, humans, dwarves, elves, orcs, trolls and goblins, IT'S ANNOYING!, No Seriusly, Fantasies usually consist of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like dragons. You know where you stand with them. They generally have seriously bad breath, a cleave that teaches the melee not to hit shit from the front, a tail that makes tanks think twice about positioning and a roar that makes casters think about how to avoid all of the above.

Anyway, the dragons in WotLK were all (with the exception of Sapphiron and Sindragosa) kind of semi-optional instances which took up very little of our time. Remember BWL? That was like 10 dragons and a dog, and it was the most epic thing ever. Bring on the dragons!

I've got really bad news for you OP...

Dragons... are a monumentally HUGE part of Warcraft lore. No expansion will ever be dragon free. There will always be dragons that need to be dealt with or befriended and you're going to sit back, QQ, and deal with that dragon.

Haters gonna hate.

I personally enjoy all the dragon involvement.

Let's see...
    Classic WoW end bosses - 2 dragons

Onyxia - dragon
    Ragnaros
    Nefarion - dragon
    Hakkar
    Ossirian
    C'Thun
    Kel'Thuzad

BC end bosses - half a dragon?

Malchezaar (you can argue Nightbane but that's an Undead dragon even)
    Gruul
    Magtheridon
    Lady Vashj
    Kael'Thas
    Archimonde
    Zul'Jin
    Illidan
    Kil'Jaeden

LK end bosses - 3 dragons

Kel'Thuzad
    Malygos - dragon
    Sartharion - dragon
    Yogg'Saron
    Anub'arak
    Halion - dragon
    Lich King

As you can see there aren't even that many end game dragons in raids and none of the main expansion bosses have been dragons so far. In fact there have been more undead and demon end bosses than dragons. Deathwing is a perfect choice for this expansion. Even then, complaining about dragons in a fantasy RPG is absurd. Maybe you're playing the wrong game. It's called "DKP" for a reason. You're sick of dragons, really? Try a sci-fi mmo perhaps?

You do realise Dragons are practically a sentient race like any other? And because of their power and sentience when they turn evil - it tends to end up bad? Hence world ending dragons being quite common?

I'm bored of fighting bipedal sentient species wah wah.

Tbh I think Deathwing is awesome - and the old gods didnt make him powerful, you are completely mistaken. The titans bestowed upon him power over earth. He was Neltharion the Earth Warder.

He got stronger with the demon soul but I believe that power has left him. Whether his power has increased I don't know, cannot completely remember.

But he is as strong as if not stronger than each dragon individually - and very VERY cunning.

The old gods saw his hatred in him and corrupted him further. In fact (tbh) I think Deathwing is more likely well aware of his position, he is so cunning I believe it is more likely the old gods and him are manipulating EACH OTHER to meet their own ends. Like a mutual benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stings View Post
    I follow this guy, every damn fantasy game is filled with dragons, humans, dwarves, elves, orcs, trolls and goblins, IT'S ANNOYING!, No Seriusly, Fantasies usually consist of that.
    I hate anything even closely related to a dragon with a passive because of this.

Although i do like the Orcs, Trolls and Goblins in WoW. They just feel so different and not savages without skill/brain (except Garrosh maybe)
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    I lolled at the guy playing fantasty games but is sick of dragons.
    ^This

I like fantasy. I like dragons. I remember when WoW first came out, but I had a crappy computer and couldn't run it.. I remember seeing a clip on Youtube that someone had of Onyxia. I thought, "woah, that's a huge dragon. I wanna kill it someday" .. so eventually, I got WoW. And I love killing huge bosses, including dragons! It just feels epic. *shrug*
    Last edited by Krystal; 2010-10-25 at 03:00 PM.
    I am a filthy casual!

Are you also tired of Demons, Old Gods, Naga, and the Undead? Because man oh man are you gonna hate the next couple of years...

Anyway, Dragon lore has been in every expansion but has never been the main focus of an expansion until now. It was an side thought in WotLK. It was kinda there in TBC. And in Vanilla it had probably the most focus for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen View Post
    Let's see...
    Classic WoW end bosses - 2 dragons

Onyxia - dragon
    Ragnaros
    Nefarian - dragon
    Hakkar
    Ossirian
    C'Thun
    Kel'Thuzad
    Sry, I had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezrow View Post
    Ulduar had nothin.
    Razorscale says hello.

Dragons are too common place IMO but then it could be far worse. This is going to be dragon-centric but that's what you get from fantasy games. Does fantasy need dragons? Absolutely not but the aspects are a part of Warcraft so you have to accept them. Doesn't mean they can't cut back a bit on them being everywhere.

Oh, and definitely the mounts. There are so many dragon/proto-dragon mounts it's ridiculous. I like them (my paladin alone has like 8 of them) but they are even more excessive than the bosses or other dragons we see elsewhere.

sad part is? were not even close to finish with dragons theres still the matter of the bronze dragon flight taking a back seat to every other aspect currently the infinite dragon flight is still a mystery..Wotlk really didnt have a ton of dragons in it bosses? what 6 bosses? vanilla had an entire instance full of them. dragons are a part of wow like it or not.

Honestly I agree with the OP.

I had my share of dragons in Wrath and now we get even more dragons in Cataclysm. We are getting a bunch of new flying mounts... but guess what? They are all dragons. Give me a flying bug... a magic flying burrito, a magic cloud... anything but more dragons... I'm honestly burnt out of dragon mounts.

As far as bosses go they are rather dull because the mechanics of the fights are always very similar with minor niche differences per boss. In all honestly dragon bosses are about as dull and stereotypical as you can get in WoW.

Not that I'm bashing Cataclysm, but deathwing doesn't impress me, neither do the zillions of other dragon bosses in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by iknowulol View Post
    As it seems, you can't get enough of dragons. I propose a dragon-themed class as NEXT hero class.

>:3
    I'd almost suggest a "pet class" with draconic cohorts. You know, a whelp that spits energy at the outset, a vaguely draconic mount of some sort (maybe something that looks like Chromaggus), a drake at level 60 that can be summoned either as a guardian or a mount?

Quote Originally Posted by coldviper18 View Post
    I think you speak for a very small group of the WoW community. I don't care how many dragons they add. Dragons are awesome, and there's very few games or movies that do dragons well. But blizzard can do dragons well. So I say keep it up, cause WoW is definitely the place to get a dragon fix when everyone else seems to be pretty terrible at them.
    Sartharian yes. Very impressive and intimidating of you suspend your disbelief a bit. The reptilian eyes and the animal like movements are pretty realistic looking, Sartharion conveys a sharp look of intelligence.
    Protodrakes are uglier then sin and in Icecrown theres a billion. They look about as smart as turtles. If you ask me, the more dragons there are in the game, the more meaningless they become just like anything else.
    They should be rare, very rare even. Not like rabbits.
    Deathwing doesnt look in the least bit ferocious or intelligent. He just looks like an animal (giant iguana)

Moar dragons!!
    Excited