Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

AV Leveling post 51-59

What's the leveling like 61-70? Is it much slower? Or just marginally? Or would I be better off still doing the old usual grind of quests/dungeons?

Question, is AV leveling from 51-59 fast ? I've never done it, and my new horde shaman should be there within a day, and that would be helpful cause 50-58 is the worst lvling in the game.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I went 51-60 in about 8 hours.

I leveled 2 Toons from 51 to 80 in AV >.> It goes by Fast. (Faster if your Alliance)

Personally, I find it just barely faster to level in AV as DPS. However, if you can tank (and can tolerate mind-numbing repetitive tasks and baddies) or to a lesser extent, heal, grinding dungeons would be faster (at last from my experience).

When I leveled a tank I would just do speed clears and re-queue if I had no need to go back to town. But yeah, as a DPS, depending on the queue time of AV vs Dungeons + Questing, AV might be faster.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    I leveled 2 Toons from 51 to 80 in AV >.> It goes by Fast. (Faster if your Alliance)
    If you don't mind explaining a little further the differences between the 51-60 Grind which was VERY FAST, vs. the rest of the levels? My understand is the XP is static where as obviously the XP increases. Is this the case or is the XP relevant to the level range?

EDIT: "XP is static" should be "XP from wins"

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Maybe if you're battlegroup is good for Alliance. My battlegroup is terrible (for Alliance). We have no idea what healers are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruzar View Post
    Maybe if you're battlegroup is good for Alliance. My battlegroup is terrible (for Alliance). We have no idea what healers are.
    wat does being Alliance have to do with leveling fast in AV????

Quote Originally Posted by CptFatman View Post
    queue times and experience per BG.

tho its different for each battlegroup which faction has short queues/more wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's reasonably fast but would probly be faster questing IMO, but stay Q'd anyway

Quote Originally Posted by CptFatman View Post
    Because alliance can cap towers without killing guards ( which is VERY hard unless your 58-59). While horde have to kill every guard that isnt LOS from flag.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    So far per cap of each Bunker, the XP is pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Because alliance can cap towers without killing guards ( which is VERY hard unless your 58-59). While horde have to kill every guard that isnt LOS from flag.
    My 71 rogue go globaled by the archers once

On my battlegroup horde rarely wins AV, if at all. And they aren't close games, they're games with the whole map being blue while we sit at our GY getting farmed.

So if your BG is good for your side in AV, do it. It's good XP all the way but I personally can't stand losing over and over while everyone calls each other idiots.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wins give 90k xp which is nice, but it's pretty much on par with Questing at a steady pace.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    If you are a stealther at a level where the guards cant see through your stealth you can cap both alliance towers without being hit.
    It does require a little bit of tactical placement so you los all the archers but it can be done.