Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    You know what I love? The fact that many of the "elitists" in this thread are WotLK heroes.
    I've raided every expansion to boot, do I care that someone else is in the same/better gear than me? No, I don't.
    I really, REALLY, do not understand the mentality of these want-to-be-hardcore people, who will raid 3-4 nights a week for a couple of hours, and due to this, think they are entitled to be a special little snowflake.
    Unless you're pushing for a world top-100 guild, you're a casual. Invest the hours they do into their raids, and I might take you seriously.

For those WotLK heroes - raiding in TBC could be a nightmare. Trying to gear up new recruits, by heading back into content you have long since cleared was boring. I was in Sunwell before it got nerfed, working on M'uru. It burnt people out, massively. Do you know how difficult it was to recruit a person, in said role, at that high gear level?

Stop complaining that somebody has the same gear as you. It's cosmetic. People with an ounce of intelligence know that where it really matters, is when you're standing in front of a boss, and you're surpassing the person in the same gear in regards to Damage Done, and Damage Per Second. If this isn't enough for you, time to uninstall WoW. It's not the Sims, where you make your character the prettiest it can be, the idea of the raid gear, is to increase your character across all levels, not purely for raid environments. I'm sure that when you do your daily heroic, you don't unequip all your ilvl277/284 gear to do it in ilvl200 gear? As many of you have said, raid gear is for..raiding, so why do your daily heroic in it?

tl:dr - you're not special little flowers, you don't have the "right" to anything. You play by Blizzards Rules. Intelligent people enjoy not gearing up new recruits in old content, time for you too as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    My personal example, 2005 started playing wow, got into a "hardcore" raiding guild, did this til 2007, when myself and my partner had our first child, then i raided when i could, ie when baby was asleep. Then when he had number 2 and my "hardcore" raiding days where over. Sorry but Children/Real life for me > WoW.

Now i still play WoW when i can , which is quite casual.(when my boys are in bed aor having a nap) So for me getting gear is harder, but still something i would like, but not top of my list, having played for 5 years now, why should i be penalised for wanting to gear my two level 80's ? Just because i can no longer raid 5 days a week?

I know a lot of you are thinking well it was your choice to have children blah blah blah, true, but it does not mean i should no longer do something i enjoy either.

For me personally gearing my mage/lock has not been 'easy' or 'free' i have had to try and pug icc and/or save frost badges to get gear. I also pay my mthly sub as does everyone else.
    I don't know why everyone gets so worked up when someone like you, someone who has raided seriously, but has no time to raid consistently.

For those all worked up about not being a snowflake, there are plenty of ways to distinguish yourself. You just have to keep getting the latest achievements. And yes, this hasn't been the case for the past 6 months plus, but that's because the expansion ended. We shouldn't have that situation until 5.0 is coming up in a 1.5 years.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

Quote Originally Posted by TehSklatt View Post
    well people can get 5/5 t10 without stepping foot in a raid, thats my issue, i just feel like the gap between raiders and regular players has dissipated

EDIT: im not saying my view is right or wrong, its just my view. im not here to argue really just wanted to see what they think. i guess i just miss bc, when you couldnt get any tier without raiding.
    I would have to agree. I remember back in MC when it was really not just about downing the boss for the first time, but the accomplishment of achieving and receiving a tier item. Now you just "grind points" and talk to your local NPC to get your tier piece.

Deleted
    i posted this somewhere else here, but decided i actually wanted to hear some answers so lemme know what yall think

Look I'm not trying to troll anyone, but I'm a raider, that's what i do, its the only thing fun in this game to me. I'm trying to understand it from the point of view, of someone who doesn't raid but still wants raiding gear.
    you raid to get gear, no matter what anyone says that's the underlying reason for being there, its your incentive, so why should raid gear be available to people who don't raid. i also understand that Blizz doesn't care about raiders, only money so they will continue to give away free gear.
    I like to stand out, when you see me on my server, you know i raid, you can tell i know what I'm doing by the gear I'm wearing. you heroics runners say you deserve the gear we are wearing but don't we deserve something to ourselves?

I cant tell you from the casual perspective, as I am (or was until a few months ago) a very active raider.
    Personally I take zero issue whatsoever with those people getting free gear. They dont need it, maybe. But I dont care. I dont like to stand out through actually standing around in Dala (or rather showing off my mounts over the well...so pathetic).

If your true, honest interest is in raiding you shouldnt feel threatened unless countless complaints from those "casuals" will lead to your raiding experience be diminished through nerfs.(encounters, not availability of gear) Wether or not they get the gear, I could care less.

the only people who would actually "look up" to you are those casuals, everyone else can easily get the same gear and raid achievements as you. So you dont want to let them have the gear because you need them to feel inferior and enjoy them targeting and inspecting you in an obvious manner when you are standing around in hubs?

As always this is not a raiders/casual players discussion but rather one about the craving for recognition of some people (raiders and casuals alike)
    Last edited by mmoc4274bdbc5e; 2010-11-12 at 07:24 AM.

I wonder how many of these entitled idiots have ever tried ICC at its hardest. I'm not talking about sitting in there with a buff. I mean on the ptr for months learning each and every fight. Doing their own theorycrafting and min/maxing every new gem, enchant, and piece of gear. They enjoy sitting back living through other guilds but I wonder how far they would get if they had to do the raids the same way as the top tier guilds. No addons, no videos, coming up with your own strategies for each and every boss on the fly.
    Ironically if these stuck up asses would keep running the old raids then the new players wouldn't need a hand up. It is kind of hard to gear up the normal way when no one wants to run the raids you need. I won't even go into the whole link your achievement catch 22.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    And make no mistake about it. Hardcore-inbetween-casual players ALL love gear. That's why there's always these kinds of issues. I don't really believe the people that try to downplay loot and gear. Let's be real here. Everyone in this forum takes this game serious in one aspect or the other. We're all on a website that gives us inside info/forums/strats, etc. Just because someone here bashes hardcores, doesn't mean they play any less than them. The "I has a life. I can't play 10 hours a day" people usually play more than they admit to.
    Of course, everyone loves gear, this has not changed much since the Diablo days and Blizzard cultivated the loot hunting masterfully.

BUT
    the gear I care about is my gear, I want to be able to give my best and wether or not some guy who logs on every other day and does some 5mans or the occasional pug raid has almost the same gear as me - what does that mean to me and about how I am able to raid? Well, to me it means nothing but the malevolence I witness in these topics makes me want to puke.

Look I'm not trying to troll anyone, but I'm a raider, that's what i do, its the only thing fun in this game to me. I'm trying to understand it from the point of view, of someone who doesn't raid but still wants raiding gear.
    you raid to get gear, no matter what anyone says that's the underlying reason for being there, its your incentive, so why should raid gear be available to people who don't raid. i also understand that Blizz doesn't care about raiders, only money so they will continue to give away free gear.
    well people can get 5/5 t10 without stepping foot in a raid, thats my issue, i just feel like the gap between raiders and regular players has dissipated

EDIT: im not saying my view is right or wrong, its just my view. im not here to argue really just wanted to see what they think. i guess i just miss bc, when you couldnt get any tier without raiding.

These types of posts are so generic.

People think that because something is epic quality instantly means it's the best gear in-game. First of all, most available epics to non-raiders will always be mostly one tier behind raiders. I know at the start of Cataclysm ilevel 359 will be the basic standard, but there are not epics for every slot available outside of raids, and on top of that, a lot of the non-raid pieces aren't itemized as good as raid pieces. Once Patch 4.1 comes out, non-raiders will have easier access to the old Valor loot, but like I said it will be one tier behind raiders.

Yeah, non-raiders also have access to Valor Points, but at a VERY slow rate. When ICC first came out, it took non-raiders 3-4 months to obtain their 4-piece T10, and that is only 251 tier.

Basically what I'm trying to say is non-raiders DO NOT have access to the best gear in game, but a lot of people seem to exaggerate often when talking about this subject.

Even with the 30% buff the heroic gear that had recolored models don't matter because everyone has pretty much been carried through most heroic boss fights on either/both 10/25.

With school, work, and other things I have going on right now I probably will have to play pretty casually. I'm not hoping that we get epics as easy as we did in WotLK (DEFINITELY not hoping for that) but I would like to be able to have fun and get decently geared with heroics and some casual raiding. I'm not expecting to turn out to be the most geared mage on the server and play only 5 minutes a day, but damn, I'd like to have that mage t11. =P

Deleted
    Yeah, so i can't be arsed reading the thread... i saw the first couple of posts, and the title, and unless there's been a severe de-railing, i know what it's about - such is the predictability of the majority of WoW's community.

People wanna stand out with their gear, and be recognised for their efforts, amirite? People also seem to confuse "skill" with "time spent playing". Some of the best players i've grouped with have also had real life commitments such as jobs, families, etc. Some of the worst players i've grouped with are the ones you can count on being there, trash-talking in trade, and organising poorly run raids ALL. DAY.

It isn't a difficult game by any stretch. The only difficulty that exists in this game is people management. Those of you crying for your precious purples and "respect" must be drinking from a big ol' bowl of dream juice, because to me, the only thing that having the best of the best gear implies is that you've spent far more time in game than i have - NOT that you are any more skilled than i am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes blizzard's raiding idea now is bullshit but you're just going to have to deal with it. Thread = fail