Survival spec in Ragnaros raid

Okay, I love Survival spec, I played it in TBC when it still buffed the raid, changed a bit in early WoTLK for the OP'ness of Readyness+BW, but basicly, I <3 Survival.

However, Ragnaros is back on the raid calender, he's a fire elemental, thus, probably, immune to fire damage. Will Survival spec be useless there, much like fire-magy, like in classic?

Anyone seen/heard/tried it?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're asking about a patch that's two patches away. And, that nothing has been said about. It's still in early development.

If I'm remembering correctly, the Firelands raid isn't until patch 4.1. It's unlikely he'll be immune to fire damage like he was originally
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

No, Blizzard learned how terrible idea it is to make bosses immune to some spell schools, and therefor no raid bosses will be immune to any types of damage, which is good.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

I would be astonished if they made him immune to fire damage. Blizz has said that such blanket immunities were a mistake in vanilla; it wouldn't be just survival hunters, it would also be destro locks and fire mages, too. So no, you can almost certainly enjoy Survival in the firelands raid.

There are no more permanently immune mobs. Some of them may have a phase where they are immune to physical or magic for a limited time, but the days of fire mages being forced to respec to frost just to do A'lar is over.

Blizz realized that although this is immersive, it's kind of bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    he's not going to be immune to fire damage. end of story.

доверять надежде означает знать отчаяние

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    actually blizz is pulling a fast one and he will immune to holy spells...he will be made of holy fire...burning heretics with righteous flame.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Cool, I am relieved *smile*

/thread.