Poll: Blizzcon 2010: Worth It?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthmael View Post
    They talked about both....Sam Raimi has worked with chris metzen for 4 days straight and they have worked out a story and its on Sams list of things to do.
    The new MMO is not casual and will not be announced till around 2012
    giving no info on it is not talking about it, they mention it because someone asked but they didn't say anything about any of those

Compared to other Blizzcons, this year was pretty bad. That being said, I expected it to be pretty bad. I knew the "major announcements" would be far weaker than they've been in the past. IMO, the major announcements sets the entire tone for Blizzcon (as it should, that's why it's one of the first things we get).

Expecting what I expected, I was more than happy to sit back and enjoy the online stream for $40 with my guild during a two day party.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So did you enjoy Blizzcon 2010 and was it worth the money?
    Blizzcon is always worth it. Even if you don't get any new juicy info, being in one place to coalesce with all the other geeks and nerds who thrive for Blizzard games is just awesome.

I enjoyed it.

And will be happy to receive my non-combat pet. Anyone hoping for huge announcements probably were let down.

The actual content was very weak and there were no big announcements so in that perspective it wasn't a very good Blizzcon.

But I enjoyed talking to other people, being around other people that don't make me feel like an outcast and just enjoying being around people where there's no anonymous type of feeling anymore. So I enjoyed the event even thought the content was lacking.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I felt like I got my money's worth from the livestream. I really enjoyed some of the panels. The Live raid was fun to watch imo. Yes, I am sad that there were no HUGE announcements, but overall, I enjoyed it.

However

I don't think it was worth the cost of the trip for the people who went out there.

@Wickler: I didn't really think about that part.. I bet that did feel nice being surrounded by fellow WoWers. =)
    Last edited by Krystal; 2010-10-25 at 02:44 PM.
    I am a filthy casual!

10+ Year Old Account
    i laughed alot from the stream so i thought it was worth my money dont think it would have been worth going this year
    -Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
    -Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.
    -Never miss a good chance to shut up.

well considering how cheap it is I'd say it was worth it, Tenacious D was pretty good, much better then that crap Ozzy Osbourne which was last year, the panels where decent this year (the players questions sucked mega hard in the Q & a's but the rest was good). Another thing which sucks is that dude who was teamed up with kat hunter, I hated that every sentence he said had "here on direct tv" in it.

I paid for the live stream and watched as much as i could, it was worth it for sure. Ok not alot of new stuff to announce for cata as we know most of it through beta , Class Q+A was kinda crap though with as i felt not a bunch of great questions to ask but then again im a SP so nothing was really asked that benefit me. The art section was imba and im sure it was for all with the new cata loading screen, big up for cinematics too that was worth the watch.
    Costume part was a bit lol and dance was a bit rubbish apart from the fat kid that fell (im sure he will become a yuoutube hit lol). Apart from that both tournys was great to watch , especially the wow finals with complexity red vs aAa (im sure alot of americans will hate the resukt but rules are rules ).
    I did forget to mention Diablo 3, that was all good what i saw too as i am looking forward to it being released Zombie bears and Man eating toads ffs!!!!

All in all it was worth it for me , enjoyed every min of it but im sure it was not as good for some as we all dont like the same things

Quote Originally Posted by enoesiiw View Post
    Blizzcon is always worth it. Even if you don't get any new juicy info, being in one place to coalesce with all the other geeks and nerds who thrive for Blizzard games is just awesome.
    Yep.
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)

Deleted
    From an Event Point of View, yes:
    -You had Tenacious D
    -You could play Diablo III
    -Talk to Developers
    -Meet Guild Mates etc etc.

From a Gaming PoV, no:
    -Nothing really new or exciting announced for WoW
    -and even Diablo III stuff was not surprising.

i hate people that think of blizzcon like this:
    It's a CONVENTION. Not a PRESS CONFERENCE.

They owe you no announcements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

I like the Diablo series so it was exciting to hear about new stuff for D3. So yes it was worth it to me.

if it weren't for the cosplay orgy, i would have said no.
    It's just a game.

HAHAHAHA I LOVE YOUR PROFILE EMBLEM. "Gonne play when the volcano blows" "Quit WOTLK nd play once again when the cataclysm is out." That is so true it hurts. I havn't seen any reason to play the ga,e other than to earn gold for cataclysm for the past year. Everything is gonna be obsolete again ofcourse when cata hits.

I would just like to say that watching blizzcon is not even remotely close to the same thing as being at blizzcon. It's like saying listening to a jimi hendrix CD is the same as going to woodstock.

Being surrounded by people with the same interests, being able to strike up a conversation with some random person in line, and getting to really watch and cheer for tournaments as well as the overall atmosphere of the event contribute heavily to making it worthwhile.

If you're only interest in Blizzcon is hearing announcements, don't go. It will be a disappointment, because that's not what blizzcon is about. You can just get that info off mmo champion or other sites. Go for the atmosphere, a bit of swag, hands on play, and watching tournaments live.