Thread: ICC drakes?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by artemisthemp View Post
    Blood Prince on 10 man is hard than 25 Man.
    Yeah but this fight is still a joke with 1 decent hunter in the group to play with all the kinetic bombs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only reason they will not be removing them it so northrend doesnt turn into outlands... well thats my opinion anyway. I am sure they want ppl to still use the content, e.g would I still go to tk once a week if al'lar was removed? Hell no! Its a bad example since al'lar is omgwtfgief but still, I would guess the concept is the same. Otherwise it just turns into wasted content, with a few fishermen trying to find that gd'damn turtle which btw, I am sure blizzard has removed and forgotten to tell ppl >.>

Quote Originally Posted by dubbz View Post
    This is old news that they aren't taking it out. It was a blue post that was on the front page about 3 weeks ago. Also, at the person who says icc 10 (Hm's) are easy, I'd love to see your guild in i251/264 gear MAYBE some 277 from heroic gunship PUG loot, down Heroic PP or Blood Princes (Although I find BP's semi-easy) in one-shot.
    Ive done heroic saur, Putricide, BP and BQL, Val on 3-4 alts now in 10man easily. None of my toons even have a 277 piece except rep ring. All my alts are in mostly 251 items and 200-232 trinkets. Sorry to say but these fights are all quite easy on 10man heroic. Blood princes is very easy with 1 decent ranged person who doesnt care about a damage meter and will only chase kinetic bombs ( I did this on my hunter, kept all up solo fairly easy).

I cant comment on Sindragosa or LK heroic tho, my guild and friends guild I raid with wont attempt just yet.

Seriously, you guys complaining that its not right or not fair that they are keeping the Drakes in the game because you worked hard and spent alot of time to get them and now you are mad because so-called noobs can get them now? Well thats a little selfish and childish if you ask me, especially those who have it already.

First of all, some players did not have the luxury of getting in ICC, even those that wanted to. Its a shame how much this game has changed as far as people playing nice with eachother. Anyways, even though ICC wasnt the best instance (let alone best end-game instance) but it was an awesome experience. And everyone should have some incentive to want to go back and be able to experience it too. Other players run ICC 10 and 25 on a regular basis, but not as "elite hardcore" players like some of you that are complaining. You guys are way too concerned about other players and are sounding real selfish right now.

Secondly, it still wont be a walk in the park or "faceroll" as you guys put it. It will still play as a challenge to most. So I doubt you will see a huge significant change in how many players actually get the Drakes. Hell, some players still havent seen Ulduar most havent fully completed it even still.

Thirdly, everyone plays to have fun i would assume. Somep players dont mind playing for 10 hours every day to get everything in the game and be as competitive as you can in this game. Some players have everything they want and whatever because they spend alot of time and work hard to get it. So f'ing what. Thats a choice you made to be that "uber" and now just because, doesnt give anyone the right to not allow everyone else a fair share of NO-LONGER-END-GAME-CONTENT. Also, if you read the blue post, if they didnt get a 310% mount pre-cata, they will still need to purchase the skill whether they get the drakes or not for the highest master flying skill. and you have to understand, not every player spends 8-10 hours a day playing, some only have limited amounts of time to play, some have busy lives. Some cant live in a basement in their parents home and play all day. And yes i know people who play who are basement dwellers, so its not far from the truth. And they are Geared up crazy. So if you wanna b*tch and moan, do it somewhere else.

Also, what about the RARE Rivendare Death Charger that pretty much half the WOW population has now that used to be a real "accomplishment" and I hear no complaints there.

Quit complaining and stop worrying about anyone else but yourself. Its a game. Get over it.

I myself have the Deadly Gladiator Frostwyrm, and both ICC Bone Dragons on my DK, and the First Arena Season Armored Netherdrake on my warlock. I would not care if everyone got the drakes, I am just glad I have mine! And personally, the ARMORED ICC Bone Dragons look UGLY compared to the Arena Bone Dragons. I prefer my Arena Frostwyrm over my ICC Frostwyrms any day. So you guys with the ICC drakes have the ugly ones. Arena drakes are better looking. Complain about that!
    Last edited by Unseen Guest; 2010-10-27 at 02:41 PM.

ICC 10 is not easier just because you outgear it.

It's easier to have 5 DPS DPSing a Valkyr than 18 DPSing 3, also is easier nuking 2 saurfang beasts between 3-4 than 5 between 18, and the list goes on...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pse7en View Post
    Seriously, you guys complaining that its not right or not fair that they are keeping the Drakes in the game because you worked hard and spent alot of time to get them and now you are mad because so-called noobs can get them now? Well thats a little selfish and childish if you ask me.
    You tell them. Judging by the comments in here, a lot of people in my raid are noobs for not having some of those achievements, including myself (Heck, there are some people who don't even have BONED yet, and you can hardly call them bad players or noobs. It was just never top priority to complete that one, and sometimes it's auto-complete, and sometimes it isn't).

But we prefer farming Invincible for a couple of long-time raid members until Cata because it would be a slap in the face for everyone who worked so hard on downing the Lich King if they were told: "Sorry, we know you're next on the list for Invincible, but you can't have it because we need to complete non-heroic achievements." To be fair, we did a non-heroic run a day after patch 4.0.1 to figure out our classes again, but we didn't manage to complete all the achievs because we refused to call it a wipe when an achievement failed.

And... not to sound elitist or something... But people who only manage 11/12 heroic have it way easier to complete the LK achievs nowadays. My old raid didn't care much for that sort of achievement, and in my current one, it's always heroic mode, so... if I was a nasty little thing, I could say that the ICC drakes are welfare mounts for those who cannot kill LK on heroic difficulty. But if I said that, it would be a statement only triggered by envy. And I'm not nasty either. So, this is just to show that some of the people who complain so loudly should think about the entire thing with the mounts before they start calling anyone who doesn't have all the non-heroic achievements a noob. Because you can look at the entire affair from very different angles, one of which I just showed with my very arrongantly put phrase in this paragraph.

I want my pretty frostwyrm sooo bad but will have to be patient.

Rofl, what a horribly derailed thread by a bunch of proverbial old angry war vets.

WoW is an empty investment if you are playing for status; after 6 years, you self-absorbed super "hardcore" raiders should know this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Norway, way way way way way way way way north.
    Quote Originally Posted by pse7en View Post
    I myself have the Deadly Gladiator Frostwyrm, and both ICC Bone Dragons on my DK, and the First Arena Season Armored Netherdrake on my warlock. I would not care if everyone got the drakes, I am just glad I have mine! And personally, the ARMORED ICC Bone Dragons look UGLY compared to the Arena Bone Dragons. I prefer my Arena Frostwyrm over my ICC Frostwyrms any day. So you guys with the ICC drakes have the ugly ones. Arena drakes are better looking. Complain about that!
    So if a sub 1k rated shadowpriest who mana burns a hunter got a gladiator title and frost wyrm you would say "Grats man, you deserved it"?
    Death Knight Main
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Protqt View Post
    I click
    I keyboard turn
    I never go LoS

Oh, did I forget to say that I got glad as LSD?

Quote Originally Posted by Theonen View Post
    So if a sub 1k rated shadowpriest who mana burns a hunter got a gladiator title and frost wyrm you would say "Grats man, you deserved it"?
    Spriest must have been AFK then, also LOL@YourSig, TSG took skillz brah

/Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Theonen View Post
    Now you are just being ignorant. Do you even know how one gets a Gladiator title? Secondly, where in all my post, did I mention PVP and casuals? All I was stating, was that all you complainers need to stop worrying about other players and just play the game. Why let it get to you? And it sounds selfish too. And stop complaining because things will be slightly easier to achieve with old content that you supposedly worked your butt off for, which is even debatable.

why does anyone care if 85 players can go back and get old drakes? those of us who actually got their drakes before 30% and 4.0.1 and everything being a joke, in other words when it actually mattered and took some effort, will have the newer raid mounts, cause we get shit done.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    lol 10 man ICC is a joke comapred to 25
    Sure, in 25 hc gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Says View Post
    As far as I know they're staying. Personally I think they ability to get them should be removed, same with the proto-drakes.
    Yes because removing mounts is SUCH a good idea. Whens the last time you've seen the AhnQiraj bug mount? Yeah its extinct except maybe on like one server. Thats why they made that archeology version.

I say keep em. If some one wants to waste time in outdated content in Cataclysm to get that garbage, be my guest!

Quote Originally Posted by MrProper View Post
    Why do you disagree?
    Well they should remove it because it will be "easy" to get in Cata because you just do achieves and you are guaranteed to get it.
    That's kinda why they removed the Amani Warbear

15+ Year Old Account
    they want drakes taken out because they are the only remaining (ulduar not so much, everyone has those b/c they're ridiculously easy to get now, icc ones are also pretty easy to get but annoying with the new lockout system) identifying symbol of "good" raiders. this is why plagued and black drakes are cool now; because not many others have them.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Sanisbad View Post
    why does anyone care if 85 players can go back and get old drakes? those of us who actually got their drakes before 30% and 4.0.1 and everything being a joke, in other words when it actually mattered and took some effort, will have the newer raid mounts, cause we get shit done.
    *laughs* Its idiots like this who annoy me. "All those noob terribads who can't get their achievements suck and don't deserve their shiny drakes." Look, some people are doing the stuff that matters, like HM LK or working on getting old achievements before Cataclysm gets out. I can get the extra mount when Cataclysm comes out and it'll still have mattered just as much because even then it will be difficult, just specific bosses will be harder. For example, whenever I drag people to Sunwell, we don't wipe on Twins, we don't wipe on Kil'Jaedan, no its Felmyst. Gear doesn't cure stupid, and neither does level. "In other words when it actually mattered..." Yeah...its this kind of assumption that shows a jerk. Good day SIR.

What if you don't get the 280-310% mount speed upgrade and go get one of these drakes instead ? will that work or does that only apply to people who already have them before cata ?

Quote Originally Posted by Loot Ore Cartel View Post
    What if you don't get the 280-310% mount speed upgrade and go get one of these drakes instead ? will that work or does that only apply to people who already have them before cata ?
    Only the people that got the drakes before 4.01 get the 30% speed increase for free.

If they get rid of ICC drakes then they need to get rid of netherwing drakes from TBC. One time deal. It doesnt fit the storyline any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    If they get rid of ICC drakes then they need to get rid of netherwing drakes from TBC. One time deal. It doesnt fit the storyline any more.
    Technically if they get rid of ICC Drakes and they would have to get rid of a lot more than Netherwing Drakes for lore's sake.