Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    so let me understand

an elemental shaman is complaining that using a staff would make him lose armor
    when they use chain armor... as casters... when the other casters can ONLY use cloth (apart from druids)
    when casters shouldn't be in range ANYWAY, and even in range they still have a significant advantage over mages, locks, and priests...

and youre complaining you lose armor in exchange for all around better stats?

you really are looking for excuses to troll now aren't you?

also, to people who say that daggers aren't legendary enough

prince of persia's dagger of time

To all you Ele's moaning about losing the armor on a shield. REALLY?! Your getting the chance of a Legendary, and your bitching about loss of a stat that is of NO benefit to you at all in PVE? (DPS wise, which should be your only concern)

If our resident Ele said anything resembling that in our guildchat, I would pretty much garuantee he would lose his place in the queue for it. (Our guild is currently working on our third Shadowmourne, /sigh RNG, so I can't see why a guild couldn't get multiple staffs)

Just think of your poor Enhance mates who have gone without a Shield forever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I completly agree with you, I couldn't give a rat's ass if it was a staff and I couldn't wear a shield due to it.

But some people will whine about that because, you know, there's always someone whining about something.

You'll probably also see some people whining at how MH/OH combo is always superior and a Staff is gimping yourself.

There's always someone whining about something, I say!

15+ Year Old Account
    Dagger of Time (Prince of Persia fyi), legendary dagger anyone?

It can't be a sword, because than those damn Holy Paladin are going to steal it again, like they did with The Turning Tide (Kel'Thuzad in Naxxramas 25), Runescribed Blade (Auriaya in Ulduar 25) and now Bloodsurge, Kel'Thuzad's Blade of Agony.

@ Vorondil. It only looks like you're losing more. It's only fair to lose just that bit more which you had more in the first place, isn't it?

I'm pretty sure a legendary staff will provide more DPS than a mainhand + an enchanted shield. Not much of a legendary if it didn't.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    is it confirmed to be a staff? if so link pls

10+ Year Old Account
    is it confirmed to be a staff? if so link pls
    Was confirmed at blizzcon in the open Q&A panel.

It's obvious they choose staff over dagger just because they can make it more flashy.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you want 10k armor, use shield + dagger. if you want legendary, use a staff. do you see a point? they don't want pvp shamans to use it, thats all
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Was confirmed at blizzcon in the open Q&A panel.

It's obvious they choose staff over dagger just because they can make it more flashy.
    They told us last year that casters were getting a new legendary and then 10 minutes later there was a question about a legendary dagger and they said they didn't like the idea because daggers are so small and the art team likes to make them flashy.

Anyone who could put 2 and 2 together (and watched BlizzCon 2009) knew it was going to be a staff last year...
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Rabian View Post
    No, but for PvP purposes it would be disappointing for shamans to have the highest dps weapon gimp their survivability.
    Same with other casters that might otherwise have a resil offhand.

Deleted
    You ask the wrong question dude, the question should be "Why not?" would have been much easier to answer.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    Shouldn't even be open shaman, druid and priest imo, they could have gotten a val'anyr, where as mages and locks havent even had the option at a usable legendary since atiesh.
    And yes you could all cry about it, but even If I wasn't a warlock I'd still think this, plus its the first legendary of an expansion, so its not like theyd be set with it till deathwing.

Edit: Also side not, cant seem to find it now, but on wowhead a while ago there was a 1h sword model found when they were showing new 3d models, and it seemed to have some swirly object that floats around it, and possibly looked like it would have an effect on it, so wonder what thats for. Definitely looked more than just another random 1h sword from normal raid tables.

Edit again:
    Found it Sword Model view it on someone, its a pretty big 1h sword.
    Thats the sword of al'akir... i seriously doubt that the next legendary will be yet another sword from a Wind Lord.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Thats the sword of al'akir... i seriously doubt that the next legendary will be yet another sword from a Wind Lord.
    By this, he means Thunderfury, for the lesser minded of you.

Personally, I couldn't care, because Legendaries have never excited me.

Why make a staff and not a dagger though? More classes can use staffs to great effect; Mage, Priest Warlock, Druid and Shaman can use a Staff - A rogue, possibly a Hunter could use a physical dagger. Yes, four out of those five classes could use a spell dagger but why exclude priests?

Deleted
    I still think they should make an alternative version of the staff for hunters.

I pet it will actually be a trident though, Neptulon's trident to be precise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SappyTheUnpotent View Post
    Why did Shadowmourne have arpen despite it being horrible for Ret?
    Why was Val'anyr so gimped for Disc Priests?

Face it, some classes benefit more from an item than others. That includes legendaries.
    This
    /thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Dagger of Time (Prince of Persia fyi), legendary dagger anyone?
    maybe from the rumored CoT Raid?

spleEEEEE