Moonkin REforging.....

ive searched in a few threads but just to be certain, as a moonkin do u pretty much not reforge to mastery unless u already have crit and haste on an item? or should i be reforging crit to mastery?

and yet you missed the obvious moonkin sticky at the top of the forum.

let me quote it for you:

Reforging:
    Reforging allows you to change 40% of one stat on an item into another. You can only swap between spirit, haste, crit and mastery, and you can only change one stat into another stat that isn’t already on the item. This means that if you have an item with haste and crit, you cannot turn 40% of the crit into more haste, but you can turn it into mastery rating if you are so inclined.

When reforging, you should work from these principles:

* If you are below the hit cap, convert some crit or mastery into spirit or hit. Either stat is fine, although spirit would give you a bit more mana regen outside of combat. If you are above the hit cap, try and reforge some spirit into more useful stats. Just make sure that you stay above your hit cap, rather than below it.
    * If your items has no haste on it, you could reforge some crit or mastery into haste, as haste is generally stronger than crit and mastery.
    * As crit and mastery are generally very close at the moment, either one is fine. If you want to play around with a lot of mastery or a lot of crit, then knock yourself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli View Post
    and yet you missed the obvious moonkin sticky at the top of the forum.

let me quote it for you:
    yea but look at that last line, i doubt that crit and mastery are directly even so I'm wodering which of the 2 is better, thanks for trying tho

i'm reading it to say "crit and mastery are equal so it doesn't matter what you chose" considering that the author of that guide and the people contributing to it are top notch moonkins that i have total respect for, i'd be inclined to side on their recommendation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery is, atm, our worst stat. So no, you shouldn't reforge anything into it atm. Int > SP > Hit > Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Spirit and hit each have their own advantage/disadvantage depending on the situation and can be interchangeable. While SP is slightly higher then hit you should try to be capped anyways. And SP is only on enchants now anyways sooooo.

Also, www.themoonkinrepository.com is your friend!
    Last edited by Jodah; 2010-10-26 at 03:47 AM.

I really hope they will improve the worth of mastery for moonkins. There are tons and tons of items in the beta with very much mastery on it. I am concerned we will end up like shadow priests in Ulduar when they did not scale like the others with the big numbers and fell behind.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunternation View Post
    yea but look at that last line, i doubt that crit and mastery are directly even so I'm wodering which of the 2 is better, thanks for trying tho
    They aren't different enough for the investment to be worth it.

Unless you have to much hit and no item without haste to reforge, don't bother with either.

I feel like an idiot for asking this, but if you lose 60% of the stat when you reforge from one to another, why would you ever reforge from anything other than hit/spirit? Reforging Crit>Mastery or vice versa would only be a good option if one was more than double the worth as a stat than the other... which couldn't possibly happen, even in ICC level gear (maybe if you were crit-capped, or haste soft-capped?)... Where's the flaw in my logic?

What do u talkin about people? Mastery and haste are the usefull stats for us....There is no need to improwe our mastery,sence most of our time spent in combat is while u r in eclipse....try to reforge your stats into mastery and haste....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gonterf View Post
    I feel like an idiot for asking this, but if you lose 60% of the stat when you reforge from one to another, why would you ever reforge from anything other than hit/spirit? Reforging Crit>Mastery or vice versa would only be a good option if one was more than double the worth as a stat than the other... which couldn't possibly happen, even in ICC level gear (maybe if you were crit-capped, or haste soft-capped?)... Where's the flaw in my logic?
    Except that you lose 40% of the stat and for every point lost you gain a point of a different stat.

Quote Originally Posted by gfodee View Post
    What do u talkin about people? Mastery and haste are the usefull stats for us....There is no need to improwe our mastery,sence most of our time spent in combat is while u r in eclipse....try to reforge your stats into mastery and haste....
    Yeah man, I totally want to listen to some random guy who can barely string a sentence together right instead of moonkin theorycrafters.

Mastery is the worst stat atm, and there's little to no point in reforging for it since it's equal with crit. Just reforge excess spirit and/or hit into haste, then crit into haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
    Mastery is, atm, our worst stat. So no, you shouldn't reforge anything into it atm. Int > SP > Hit > Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Spirit and hit each have their own advantage/disadvantage depending on the situation and can be interchangeable. While SP is slightly higher then hit you should try to be capped anyways. And SP is only on enchants now anyways sooooo.

Also, www.themoonkinrepository.com is your friend!
    Shouldn t be Hit-spirit (till cap)-int-haste-crit-mastery?
    lvl 85 troll druid - Balance pvp&pve, resto pvp&pve
    lvl 85 troll mage - Frost/Fire
    lvl 80 troll rogue - Ass/Sub
    lvl 80 troll shaman - Ele/resto
    lvl 85 orc hunter - Sv/MM

Live the good side of life, think optimistic, they aren't going to nerf you <xD

Quote Originally Posted by gonterf View Post
    Yuo don't loose any stats, you just convert 40% of the original value into something else.

ITEM OF DEATH
    100 hit rating
    100 crit

ITEM OF DEATH

REFORGED
    60 hit rating
    100 crit
    40 haste

That's how it works out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Shouldn t be Hit-spirit (till cap)-int-haste-crit-mastery?
    Naa, with everything Int gives us and the multipliers we get from it (both as int and SP) it is actually above Hit/Spirit now. I thought the same when I first say the new rankings but Graylo had some pretty good math about it on his blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I really hope they will improve the worth of mastery for moonkins. There are tons and tons of items in the beta with very much mastery on it. I am concerned we will end up like shadow priests in Ulduar when they did not scale like the others with the big numbers and fell behind.
    i fully intend to reforge that shit.......I'm gonna have haste if it hairlips the pope

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gfodee View Post
    Mastery is not a very useful stat for us. What are you talking about? Haste is, yes, as it increases our Eclipse uptime, and crit is slightly better then mastery. While haste improves mastery, it's still a pretty bad stat.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

It's quite straightforward really. This is the stat equation : Int > Spirit > Hit > Haste > Crit > Mastery

1) If you're under the hit cap (446 - 17%), reforge the worst stat to Spirit
    2) If you're hit capped, reforge the worst stat to the best stat that isn't already on the item.

So, let's say you've got a head piece with +crit and +int. If you're under 446 hit you're better off reforging that +crit into spirit (with BoP it will increase your hit and it will give you some mana regen as a bonus). Now if you're above the hit cap, you should make that crit into haste as spirit/hit aren't beneficial anymore.

Hope it helps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    It's quite straightforward really. This is the stat equation : Int > Spirit > Hit > Haste > Crit > Mastery

1) If you're under the hit cap (446 - 17%), reforge the worst stat to Spirit
    2) If you're hit capped, reforge the worst stat to the best stat that isn't already on the item.

So, let's say you've got a head piece with +crit and +int. If you're under 446 hit you're better off reforging that +crit into spirit (with BoP it will increase your hit and it will give you some mana regen as a bonus). Now if you're above the hit cap, you should make that crit into haste as spirit/hit aren't beneficial anymore.

Hope it helps
    Just to throw this out there, in some special cases hit is a bit better then spirit. This is because (last I heard anyways) hit effect bash/skull bash while spirit does not. Now it is rare that this will matter but there is still the one time in ten that it may.