Poll: What is your preferred TANK after 4.0

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    A good one, don't care what type just be good.
    +1 internet

I have had no problems with my pally tank. And how are we lackluster now? I can stay awake during a heroic. Mostly

I found my paladin fun to play, but with the fact that they go nerfed a lot on the AE I would go for my druid tank, which still pwns AE and singel tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most important is reaction and understanding of tanking. I hate situations then I have to order "<Name>, taunt the mob from healer!" or "Turn the boss, let us see his ASS!".

Class doesn't mater. Usually I'm looking for tanks to give missing buffs, like 5% crit from bear or warriors shout, DKs horn or pallys blessing.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

10+ Year Old Account
    Still sticking to warrior. Though it's going to be a goblin this time on a new server.

druid for now.. well, i have to level the rest for a real comparison :|
    from a healer pov, i don't care as long as he/she is doing a great job.
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

I prefer a tank who holds threat and can pick up adds who also knows when is the right time to use his/her cooldowns. A tank who is vocal on vent and wants to lead the raid to victory with confidence and correct mob positioning. The actual class means nothing to me as a good player can do this on any tanking class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by devilyaki View Post
    a good one, don't care what type just be good.
    qft!

Pre our latest mastery nerf I would have said druid. Now thoguh it is looking like warrior could be the best MT in the game.

To those thinking about leveling or playing a tank in Cata I would say roll warrior. They will always be the best or second best tank in the game, they will always be one of the top 2 dps in the raid if you choose to go dps, and they will always be strong in pvp.

Warriors are the best class in the game, I don't have one and prob never will because I hate to level but you cant deny that they are always on top in tanking, dps, and pvp.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk View Post
    pre-patch paladins were my favorite, but now they seem lack luster and lacking expecially in the TPS where our DK or Warrior don't seem to be having much issue at all

Lol @ paladins lacking tps, you even tried to play prot pally after 4.01?
    Their tps has increased a lot, haven't seen any of the other classes throw out that much treat.
    Just too bad their survivability has gone down, even with word of glory

Deleted
    Druids, massive threat machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    I prefer a tank who holds threat and can pick up adds who also knows when is the right time to use his/her cooldowns. A tank who is vocal on vent and wants to lead the raid to victory with confidence and correct mob positioning. The actual class means nothing to me as a good player can do this on any tanking class in the game.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    1. Get all runes on CD.
    2. Stand around and wait for the boss to hit so that I can MAYBE dodge or parry.
    3. If step 2 is successful: Rune strike. Otherwise: Return to step 1.

All this makes for great TPS, ammirite?
    I haven't had any issues on my DK with threat, AE or Single Target.
    AE:
    HoW on way in,DnD,Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Pestilence, Death Strike, Blood Boil, Empowered Rune Weapon, Dancing Rune Weapon, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Plague Strike, Blood Boil etc. You don't have anyone pulling them off you. Even if your ERW or DRW are on cooldown you can plague strike a target that already has the debuff up to get a free blood boil.

Single Target:
    HoW on way in, Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Death Strike, Blood boil for the debuff, Heart Strike, Empowered Rune Weapon, Dancing Rune Weapon, Death Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike etc.

As for your comment about hoping that you get dodged or parried you do know that Runic empowerment kicks off from Rune Strikes or Death Coils. And while Death Coils currently cost 2x as much it is better to use them then twiddle your thumbs with full runic power.

With all that being said my favorite tank is my bear. He is just so much more fun to me. While lots of people complain about the ae threat because of the Swipe nerf I really haven't seen much of an issue keeping aggro with my bear and regularly pull 16-20k dps in icc25 on aoe packs while tanking.

Deleted
    I'm fine with either Druid, Warrior or Paladin now. I used to don't mind what class the tank was, but now DKs have this terribly annoying Blood Boil animation.
    Whenever a DK uses it, the entire screen becomes the DK's target-box, making it impossible to target anything other than the DK.