Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trimmed and splitted dungeons, do you like it?

At Blizzcon is revealed that Blizzard is splitting dungeons in two and other dungeons are trimmed to be shorter and more fun according blizzard.

What do you think about this?

Trimmed Dungeons:
    - Wailing Caverns - The maze around Lord Pythos and Skum is gone.
    - Sunken Temple - Toppart of the dungeon is gone

Splitted dungeon in two new wings:
    - Maraudon - You have a wing where the purple and orange tunnels are. And a wing Pristine Waters where Princess Theradras is.
    - Uldaman - Cutted into two wings.

Easier movement in dungeon:
    - Blackrock Depths - Teleporters are added to easier move to another location in the dungeon.

I think it's a good thing to have classic dungeons shorter. This does makes them more fun. Though i feel a bit pity that dungeons like Maraudon are cutted into two. I still like doing looooong dungeons.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2010-10-26 at 08:26 AM.

Deleted
    It's kind of alright. It gives you the feeling that you're slowly exploring into something that is much bigger than you can handle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    At Blizzcon is revealed that Blizzard is splitting dungeons in two and other dungeons are trimmed to be shorter and more fun according blizzard.

What do you think about this?

Trimmed Dungeons:
    - Wailing Caverns - The maze around Lord Pythos and Skum is gone.
    - Sunken Temple - Toppart of the dungeon is gone

Splitted dungeon in two new wings:
    - Maraudon - You have a wing where the purple and orange tunnels are. And a wing Pristine Waters where Princess Theradras is.
    - Uldaman - Cutted into two wings.
    Logically, low level dungeons are meant to be easy right? Navigating some of the old dungeons is a real pain or just plain tedious.

The WC maze got many a pug lost, the top part of ST was just hugely un-necessary, Mara was a horrible instance to do a full run of. Only part I'm not too sure about is Uldaman... I always thought it was an alright length

15+ Year Old Account
    Not entirely sure, but Sunken Temple was really, really an incredible pain in the ass. Took quite a while to understand the principle behind that labyrinth. I guess I'm leaning to liking it. On another note, I still think SFK and Karazhan had the best design ever. They look like they were actual fortresses/towers, meant for people to live there, not for some dicks to run in a have a nice time killing everyone inside.

Only thing I don't like is the trimming of Sunken Temple.
    Whining about WoW since closed beta.
    Retired from WoW since patch 4.0.6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Robot arms apartment building, New New York
    Mara changes sounds good, cos atm its like 3-4 wings which is bad.

Deleted
    I think it's fantastic, there are some downsides - like earned knowledge being made redundant, but that's really not important in the big picture and people will adapt. Like Scarlet Monastery, you can run the two wings of Mara/Ulda in order and treat it like one long dungeon if you want - but you aren't compelled too; Choice for the player, more fun, less frustration if people disappear half way through...

It was sometimes nice to follow around an experienced player who knew the way in dungeons that were new to you, but it also sometimes felt like you were being rushed a long and not able to 'find it out' for yourself or enjoy the scenery on your first few runs... with less mazes, and bloat there should be more of an opportunity to enjoy what's there, rather than being dragged through the optimum path too quickly and skipping half the 'story' of the instance in order to not get lost.

It's a shame, I always liked the 2 hour WC runs

Deleted
    I agree with all these change except Uldaman, I really like how epic that is once u get to that level. When I did it first time it was the moment I felt like I was getting close to 60.

I don't like the change to BRD.

Like getting the Shadowforge key was hard.
    Like getting out of the Bar was hard. (was only hard if you had dumbshits who AOE'd and pulled all the mobs).

They better be putting more trash in ST if they are taking half of it out. ST is a huge EXP sink while leveling.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elica View Post
    Only thing I don't like is the trimming of Sunken Temple.
    I don't like it either, cause it was kinda cool to figure out the puzzle of Sunken Temple to continue further. I like solving puzzles and i really think WoW players can handle it.

I hope Blizzard will even add a cool questchain (in dungeon or outside or both) to figure out a mystery with riddles and such. Like: Look for a orange star and find it's heart. Meaning: Go to a pumpkin farm, where pumpkin lies in a star formation and dig in de middle of this star to find a treasure.
    And then a whole questchain to solve some kind of mystery.

im glad they're being shortened. i always loved these places but never wanted to spend 6 hours trying to not be lost.

15+ Year Old Account
    I fully agree the instances should be shortened down - at least ST is a pain to go through those statues everytime, but might seem like they took abit too much.

Well Mara is already split.

The others are good too though, it does get tedious running those places more than once in their full length. especially WC, felt like running to the end of the earth and back every time I ran that joint.

Deleted
    Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    I fully agree the instances should be shortened down - at least ST is a pain to go through those statues everytime, but might seem like they took abit too much.
    Statues was always optional since Eranikus is the satchel boss.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    this is an OK change, Wailing Caverns were too chaotic, athough Sunken Temple and BRD were my all-time favourites exclusively because of their maze-like design. Being able to find my way in ST, where many pugs got lost and confused floors, with no effort - I'd seen as a worthy achievement back then.

BRD was (and is) absolutely brilliant. It doesn't give idea of a single dungeon - it's rather a grand city, with forges, jail, barracks, workshops and emperor's palace - tremendous place, and it is only logical that it is a maze. Though teleporters are a good thing - some runs are too long after wipes.

15+ Year Old Account
    The one that really grabs my attention is Maraudon. I've always liked that instance and was pretty annoyed when the dungeon finder split it up in such a way that you end up missing out on a good percentage of bosses.

If they can combine the Orange and Purple Crystal wings together we'd have ~3 to 4 bosses to kill (assuming Meshlok the Harvester is spawned), while the Pristine Waters wing has another four bosses.

The instance isn't even that bad design wise, there's just a fair bit of trash to kill which makes it a bit long.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

It's great. I'm all for dungeons that don't take as long as a raid.