Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

More endgame content turns out less once again?

There been few things that made me jump when they announced cata, and that they will focus on endgame content, i knew that there is snowball chance in hell that will happen, but i never imagined, that having 7 raid bosses = a lot of end game content.. ( ok there is outdoor boss, pvp boss , maybe some other, since im not in beta ) but as i understand game ships with 5 in bwd, and 2 in pinacle , which is just piss poor number.. and 4,1 patch, which i doubt that will be released within a month ( to be considered launch content ) will bring just 7 again, when ulduar came with 13? ( i might be wrong now, havent been playing for a while)

then there is just what 5 new dungeons? or around that number, lack of heroics compared to both tbc and wotlk, yes they said they will have another 5 man in 4,1 but will i care by then? nop..

anyone else feels disappointed? ( and yes i knew that cata will ship with 7 only bosses for months now )

I'm not too disappointed. Regarding Heroic Dungeons, for me its quality over quantity. Even from the start, there were quite a number of Heroics in WotLK that bored the hell out of me, with Cata it seems each dungeon is going to be very fun.

Same applies with Raid Bosses, quality over quantity, so if each boss is an awesome encounter, then I'd be happy regardless of there being so few. Lets just hope its seven awesome bosses, because that would suck if half of them were boring tank/spank

bah, read the sticky before you start your mindless QQ

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You kind of forgot Bastion of Twilight for tier 11.
    And as for tier 12, who knows, maybe there'll be a second raid besides Firelands. Though even if there isn't, it's still more than one of the major Wrath patches (3.2)

Also, while Wrath launched with more bosses than Cata will, keep in mind only one of them had a hardmode and the majority was Naxx, which was re-used content. (Yes, I know, most people never saw it, doesn't change the fact it already existed and thus Blizzard obviously had less work with it though)
    Last edited by Cattleya; 2010-10-26 at 12:36 PM.

the heroics are epic and pretty long. theres gonna be 12 bosses at start. you failed at your points.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    the heroics are epic and pretty long. theres gonna be 12 bosses at start. you failed at your points.

i see that now, makes me happy that i failed tho , cant delete the post, so just let it die instead of trolling me to death now

btw i saw nothing epic in heroics, apart from few cut scenes in sfk , bosses are just bosses, and according to most videos half of them are too easy and boring..

Quote Originally Posted by Smikis View Post
    btw i saw nothing epic in heroics, apart from few cut scenes in sfk , bosses are just bosses, and according to most videos half of them are too easy and boring..
    have you seen any new videos, i mean after the buff (x2 to HP)

Quote Originally Posted by frester View Post
    have you seen any new videos, i mean after the buff (x2 to HP)
    pretty sure sfk by totalhalibut was after the buff, and bosses were still too easy, but i be might wrong, when exactly were they buffed?
    Last edited by Smikis; 2010-10-26 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    pretty sure sfk by totalhalibut was after the buff, and bosses were still too easy, but i might wrong, when exactly were they buffed?
    Well, you say they're too easy now, but remember that TBs videos have him running stuff with guildies and everyone is on vent.

pretty sure sfk by totalhalibut was after the buff, and bosses were still too easy, but i be might wrong, when exactly were they buffed?
    yeh, the wipe vids from SFK mean that its waaay too easy, that scrub casuals may get some loot, it cannot be...

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares about heroics anyways, these "buff heroics" have just been a dull subject growing and growing.
    Better asking for well made raid encounters, but now people wants hard heroics instead that will be outgeared anyways.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Quote Originally Posted by frester View Post
    yeh, the wipe vids from SFK mean that its waaay too easy, that scrub casuals may get some loot, it cannot be...
    one hard, one decent, and 3 terrible, that sure sets into "epic heroics"

Heroics are where you gear up for raiding. What do you want, to spend a year wiping in heroics before you're ready to set foot in your first raid? From what I've seen on the videos so far, the Cata heroics require you to actually use your brain and think about what you're doing. This is already an improvement over the faceroll that is heroics in WotLK.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, tbh I'd rather have 7 interesting and fun bosses with neat mechanism, than 20 crappy joke that are faceroll even in leveling blue gear
    Yeah, I know, I shouldn't be that unfair to the wotlk starting raids, Sartharion was awesome, and naxx had some fun fight too
    Talking to Majordomo before we are all ready will give you a quest: [60][R]Looking for guild!

if you took the time to LOOK at these boss fights you wouldnt be so quick to qq.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    Who cares about heroics anyways, these "buff heroics" have just been a dull subject growing and growing.
    Better asking for well made raid encounters, but now people wants hard heroics instead that will be outgeared anyways.
    i want heroics that cannot be outgeared personally (not all of it anyways)

i want MOBS with oneshot mechanics as well as bosses, and when i say oneshot i mean oneshot, not omg lots of damage, i mean you fucking DIE
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post
    i want MOBS with oneshot mechanics as well as bosses, and when i say oneshot i mean oneshot, not omg lots of damage, i mean you fucking DIE
    Amen, this is why they added the "What Happened to Me?" tab in the combat log.

As previously mentioned, you were forgetting one raid.

Even so, I think you're assuming that "more end game content" meant "more end game content at launch". Am I the only one who noticed that Blizzard hasn't laid out patch plans at all? We know about 4.1 as of a week ago (although, who didn't assume it was Firelands?).

It wasn't long after launch - if it even was after launch - that we knew what to expect from Wrath of the Lich King: 3.1 Ulduar, 3.2 "Secret Raid", 3.3 Icecrown.

I think there's a good chance that we'll see more content patches this time around.

Blizzard is doing the exact same thing they did in WOTLK. Adhere to the casuals by giving us all the gear upfront from Valor/Justice Points. I mean people who complained about hard Heroics in Beta only said that cause we only had 333 gear.

Once we had all the gems enchants given to us at 346 gear Heroics were a joke for tanks and healers. Basically within the first 2 weeks of Cata Heroics should almost be back to what they are now. Except with a lot more DPS dying probably.

Raids for normal 10 and 25 are insanely easy. Bastion of Twilight and Blackwing Descent have an EASY learning curve for the average raider or player. I know because on a few of our boss downings we had to pug 2-3 people and within 1-2 attempts they were straight.

The majority of the players will ALWAYS win when it comes to normal content. Blizzard gave the top guilds Heroic Mode to feed the need for that challenge. But eventually after enough top guilds have had their fill, Blizzard slowly allows casuals to have their fill as well. Basically unlike Vanilla nothing is unique anymore. No weapon is unique, no armor is unique, no Title is unique etc.

So for those who have NOT been on Beta don't be naive. Heroics are a joke once you do them a few times and get the gear for it. Just like any other heroic. The problem with WOTLK is that the gear from TBC scaled from 70-80. Blizzard fixed that mistake and now it will take you a few days longer to get adjusted.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Even if 12 bosses, this is the LEAST endgame content for launch ever done for any WOW expansion.
    Not the most.