Question What About Magni?

So people knew (or claimed to know as it wasn't confirmed) months ago about Cairne, and many players, even Alliance, said they'd miss him. WoW.com's done a sort of tribute write up on him, and lots of people say this is one of the reasons why they don't like Garrosh. But my question is, what about Magni?
    It's been confirmed that he gets turned to stone or whatever, and I believe they even refer to him as passing, yet I haven't seen anything about people getting upset about this. Is it because they don't care? I always thought he was a pretty likable enough guy, and he actually had some central roles in the stories. Do they assume he'll come back, like some movie cliche where the hero always finds a way? I'll admit I'm kind of thinking this, but nothing's been confirmed to point to that that I've heard of. It just seems that right now there's this massive outpouring of grief about Cairne (or was when it was first announced anyway) and yet Magni's just been shuffled off to sit in a dusty closet.
    So then, what about Magni?

If its an Alliance character, Blizzard wont build up on it or care about it.

...Dranaei.

Cairne goes way back to Warcraft 3, while Magni wasn't introduced until WoW and he hasn't really been at the center of things until now. And even then he just becomes a rock. That's not as appealing to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    So people knew (or claimed to know as it wasn't confirmed) months ago about Cairne, and many players, even Alliance, said they'd miss him. WoW.com's done a sort of tribute write up on him, and lots of people say this is one of the reasons why they don't like Garrosh. But my question is, what about Magni?
    It's been confirmed that he gets turned to stone or whatever, and I believe they even refer to him as passing, yet I haven't seen anything about people getting upset about this. Is it because they don't care? I always thought he was a pretty likable enough guy, and he actually had some central roles in the stories. Do they assume he'll come back, like some movie cliche where the hero always finds a way? I'll admit I'm kind of thinking this, but nothing's been confirmed to point to that that I've heard of. It just seems that right now there's this massive outpouring of grief about Cairne (or was when it was first announced anyway) and yet Magni's just been shuffled off to sit in a dusty closet.
    So then, what about Magni?
    From what I understand Magni is cursed, it's not stated whether he's dead or alive. But I agree, they didn't pay enough attention to him. I just hope we will be able to see everything that happens in IF in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

u fight with him in pre cata events against the earth and fire guys so i think people will grow on him

Magni had his limelight stolen by his 2 brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman View Post
    From what I understand Magni is cursed, it's not stated whether he's dead or alive. But I agree, they didn't pay enough attention to him. I just hope we will be able to see everything that happens in IF in game.
    Correction: He is un-cursed.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's stoned as hell. I don't see the plot moving much from there

He'll be back.
    Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorkleft View Post
    Correction: He is un-cursed.
    This man speaks truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

10+ Year Old Account
    Hes gonna come back as a golem and roflpwn everyone who gets in his way
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Though, for future reference, I prefer ACTUAL seals. Baby ones. Delicious, delicious baby seals...I mean, uhh...*smoke bomb*
    There's a fine line between not listening, and not caring, I like to think I cross that line every day of my life

Well, the way The Shattering portrays both of these events (the death of Magni and the death of Cairne) is significantly different from the way we were originally told (were those just rumors?).

As I recall, Cairne and Garrosh fought he other, and Garrosh injured him, but it was said that Magatha had been slowly poisoning him and this was just the final straw.

In the book, Cairne dies at the end of their fight because Magatha poisons the blade. Garrosh didn't even really injure Cairne.

Originally, we were told Magni sacrificed himself to save Ironforge. He performed a ritual that allowed him to talk to the elements or something like that.

In the book, Magni does receive information about a ritual and performs it. He claims to be able to hear the voices of Azeroth in his head, but moments later he is in agonizing pain as he is turned to diamond. They refer to him as dead and hold a funeral.

Honestly, I think they are both gone for good. They are both great characters who did a lot of great things and both of them will be missed - though I definitely agree that Cairne is the bigger loss.

Even so, Magni is the one who forged Ashbringer. He's partially responsible for the death of Arthas. It is unfortunate that his brothers have had more time in the spotlight. Magni has had a fair amount of character development - especially in The Shattering - but he could use more. I hope they go back and give us some more information about his life later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    You know Cairne died in the shattering. The horde lost one of its best, so if Magni did get saved it be like saying 'here have all your old leaders the same, well horde get jipped'.
    Although Baine is a much more loveable character then magni's daughter.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."