Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Demon Hunters - and possible Future

I know that Cataclysm is not out yet... But hey I'm kinda fed up with dragons since WOTLK...
    So I've made some (possible story - including new Hero class)

First of all - why Demon Hunter? 0_o
    Well from all the Hero classes ideas, the demon hunter is most resonable. Some people are coming up with such classes like arch-druid, arch-mage, shadow hunters... Well fair enough but you have to realize that (arch-druid is basically a druid with a title) same goes to arch-mage. Shadow hunters - well that's just a shammy with a little bit of Voodo twist. Blademasters are warrior/rogue hybrids. All sorts of Crusaders - will be equal to some warrior/paladin dude. While Demon hunter is something eintirely different... It has it's own Unique background, purpose and story which just asks for being developed even further, just like in the case of death knights.

Possible Story:
    After the events of cataclysm (where we defeat DeathWing). Kil'Jeaden decides that it's about time to deal with Azeroth once and for all. Both factions will probably suffer alot after Cataclysm, Deathwing himself teared the world apart, the wars proved costly, some of the aspects will probably die, like cmon you know what I mean.

As Khadgar and all the Naarus play tick tack toe in outland. A freakin huge rain of fire destroys entire Shattrah City. The survivors decide to make Auchidon the new neutral City, transforming all of the previous instances into trade districts. Shattrah will become new raid/instance content zone. Survivors being aware of the upcoming invasion decide to send words to the faction leaders in order to send reinforcments.

New faction is born in order to prepare mortal races for the upcoming invasion. Hunters of Karabor (or something like that). Metzen just loves redemption stories (durning Blizzcon 2010 - Lore Panel) someone was asking if we ever going to see Illidan again). Well Illidan might be defeated but not killed. Maiev who imprisoned Illidan deep in the Karabor Sewers using all sort arcane techniques watches over (wicked, deaf, Nightelf Mongrel who is now a shell of his former self, Illidan remains silent as if he accepeted the failures of the past). Some starting zone quests might even involve passing by Illidan's prison as a warning to what might happen to young padawans if they do not obey the rules (the quest giver might be someone simillar to Instructor Razuvious). Kil'jaeden would make an apperance in order to convince the new formed faction to join his forces. And ofc we will need to help Akama and Maiev fight the traitors who now try to take over the Black Temple. Maiev leaves her best guards to keep an eye on Illidan.

We ofc repel the invasion and start in a new designed Hellfire Peninsula (new quests and plot)... We are ofc LvL 60

2 possible specs:
    -something connected with demonology
    -something connected with fel flames and stuff (just like frosty DKs)

Horde concept:

Alliance concept:

I realize that some Lore hero class combinations do not work... Like Draeneis and the whole power of light devotion. But hey If that can somehow repair or make their lore more interesting. Then I would give it a chance...
    (There was alot of QQ about Tauren DKs - but in the end it worked out pretty well)

Keep in mind that it's just a Fan-Made post
    Peace
    Last edited by mmocde15ca192d; 2010-10-27 at 12:01 AM.

While I think the demon hunter concent works so much better for Diablo 3 I think the Worgen Demon hunter looks badass
    The blindfold looks like some cool sunglasses/shades

But one thing.
    Why no Night Elf demon hunter. It's not like the greatest one ever was a Night Elf :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nialyah View Post
    Why no Night Elf demon hunter. It's not like the greatest one ever was a Night Elf :P
    Yeah I realized that at the very end xD but hey we are completely aware of Night Elf demon hunters right?

10+ Year Old Account
    meh so we would all be back in outlands?? Good ideas though
    Whats a signature?

10+ Year Old Account
    I approve of this post. And of Demon Hunters later on. But keep in mind that the Naga and the Emerald Dream have precedence over Kil'Jaden... or at least I believe they do.

Also, I think that at BlizzCon, Blizzard said that they won't be redoing Outland and Northrend like they did Azeroth anytime soon (excluding the quests, those may get changed.)

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a good idea. Lore to support it. Aswell as one currently exists that i know of in game. The dude in nagrand. Forgot his name.

If we got Demon Hunters I'd let all my other toons rot away.

Also, that picture of the Draenei looks badass.
    Last edited by Chaotiz; 2010-10-27 at 01:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling Demon Hunter's are going to turn out like the new Pandaren. I don't see it happening.

I couldn't agree more -- demon hunters have been my favorite 'class' since WC3.

I think it would be a great excuse to revisit Outland. Regardless of what happened to Illidan, I think that the new Demon Hunters need to be trained in the Black Temple -- it would be really cool to see an old raid zone reused as a questing zone.

We could replay the Death Knight scene with Demon Hunters, having them train under Illidan. Maybe there's a quest where we get to see a group of adventurers (give tribute to the World First guild?) defeat Illidan, and we are now left leaderless. Throw in some quests about regaining your sanity, maybe the Demon Hunter from Nagrand hears of Illidans defeat, and comes to save the more noble Demon Hunters (you). At this point, you ally with the "redeemed" Demon Hunters, and join the Battle for the Black Temple... ok, enough rambling.

It's pretty clear that a backstory to the Demon Hunter class can be thrown together by just about anyone with some knowledge of the lore. I trust that Blizzard can do a great job with it.

All the elements are there for the class. They've got a great backstory, tons of potential for an explanation to their new prominence, and most importantly, potential to be an interesting new class in terms of gameplay.

And addressing the ideas of talent trees, here's my two cents:

Demonology: Yes, it's got the same name as the Warlock tree, but this isn't pet based. It's more or less as spec that deals with controlling your inner demon (all Demon Hunters willing accept one into themselves) while still using their powers. This is a melee class, but with more magic abilities. Think Enh Shammy or Ret Pally.

Combat (name needs work): Demon Hunters are skilled melee fighters, and also are specialized in evasion. This may be an evasion tank spec, or a melee DPS spec. It could even be both, much like the Druid's feral tree. Gameplay would be like any tank class, or more like a Rogue or DPS Warrior.

Fel Magic: A typical caster spec.

The thing that the class needs to set itself apart is a unique resource system. We've seen it in DK's with Runes and Runic Power, and it has extended to other classes in 4.0 with the new systems for Warlock soul shards, Moonkin's Lunar/Solar power, and Paladin's Holy Power.

My idea for this system deals mostly with the idea of a Demon Hunter having a demon within. They can unleash powerful magic, but in doing so, submit to the Demon. The Demon may gain control of your body if you dip too deep into this resource, and which point there can be several consequences. Maybe it's a stun, while your character battles to gain control. Or maybe it goes more in-depth, and you end up phased, literally fighting a demon, and need to defeat it to resume what you were doing.

I'd like to apologize if this post hasn't made much sense, if I'm rambling, and for the typo's I'm sure are here. I just got excited by the idea of the class, and I'm just letting some ideas flow into this mess of a post.

Yeah, Blizzard should take Immolation, Metamorphosis, Evasion and Mana Burn from the other classes.

I would only want Demon Hunter in WoW if they were like the Diablo 3 ones, dual-wielding crossbows and ownin fools.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

so basicy they be rouges crossed with warlocks...so a DK...

(yes i made this myself with Microsoft Paint in <2 min)

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, we already have hunter. Demon Hunter kinda makes hunter sound redundant. Like Mage vs Archmage. They would have to change Hunter to Ranger or something.

Quote Originally Posted by omod View Post
    so basicy they be rouges crossed with warlocks...so a DK...
    Where do you see the similarity between rogues and death knights?

Death Knight = Warrior + Runemaster + Necromancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    I have a feeling Demon Hunter's are going to turn out like the new Pandaren. I don't see it happening.
    pandaren are 10 times more likely to happen than demon hunters.
    ...just another dream within a dream...

Aren't Demon Hunters blind?

I guess once you log in the screen goes black.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

runemaster and necros arnt in the game....
    cause what would be the point of this class to dps dual wielding those swords, so it be another melee class like a rouge, add in the fact they can transform into a demon you get warlock and the fack that a DK is a warlock is plate make me say my statement

(yes i made this myself with Microsoft Paint in <2 min)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotiz View Post
    Where do you see the similarity between rogues and death knights?

Death Knight = Warrior + Runemaster + Necromancer * Shaman
    There.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr View Post
    pandaren are 10 times more likely to happen than demon hunters.
    Give proof or atleast SOME sort of reason why anyone should believe this statement, or quit pulling numbers out of your ass.

---------- Post added 2010-10-27 at 01:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Aren't Demon Hunters blind?

I guess once you log in the screen goes black.
    I lol'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz just has to face that they screwed up with the Hero Class concept. They are running out of mechanics for new classes. The only other Hero Classes that could work I could probably think of at this time are Demon Hunter and Runemasters. What they should have done was to introduce a new leather caster for WotLK: Necromancer. Then later on released Prestige Classes: Necromancer->Death Knight, Mage->Archmage, Druid->KotG, Warlock->Felsworn, etc.